Fidelity National Title

Love!

Current Employee - Receptionist
    Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at Fidelity National Title full-time

Pros

great work environment! Trained to succeed

Cons

none, i have no complaints in the many years I have been with the company

Not my cup of tea

I worked at Fidelity National Title

Pros

Some people are helpful. Management doesn't micromanage, allowing you to do your work your way. They offer a decent benefit package.

Cons

No training whatsoever; you get thrown into the lion's den of 250-300 claims that are now your responsibility and told to figure it out. Once you do figure it out, the work is extremely repetitive and new challenges are rare. One of the consequences of the lack of training is that as claims travel through the different departments, a tremendous amount of mistakes are made that no one bothers fixing, making everyone's job harder. Overtime may as well be required, because management looks down upon you if you do not stay late or come in on weekends. Employee turnover is worse than any company I have ever worked for. There is no loyalty to employees, and firing people seems to have become a very popular hobby.

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Information Technology Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Information Technology Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Fidelity National Title as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly environment, co-workers were great to work with. My boss was always very nice and constructive. Overall culture was great.

Cons

The work was sometimes boring, although I was an intern. Other than that, not many negative things to say about this company.

Great experience

Current Employee - Sales Executive in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in DFW, TX

I have been working at Fidelity National Title full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fidelity was willing to reward you for the work. I felt valued by my team and management. I was given an opportunity with no sales experience and was pleased with the compensation and overall earning potential.

Cons

The job isn't easy and can be frustrating at times. When I first started, they lacked training.

Not a nice place to work

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Fidelity National Title full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great, the insurance is fantastic, what the employee has to pay, or family is very low. Non management attorneys are the best, they show you just how much they appreciate your work. The work is very interesting and you keep busy, i am always learning something new.

Cons

If you are not young, pretty and blonde you will not move up in this company. If you have been employed here for over 5 years are more you are considered old news. This company does not reward you for loyalty. They hire outside without telling you about an inter office position and if you inquire you are put on the firing list. So it is better to shut your mouth and do your job. If your looking forward to moving up in this company good luck not going to happen if you are any ethic group other than Caucasian. And that is a fact not a statement.

Consider your working force and promote within. Your are playing around with the future of good workers.

Good Experience

Current Employee - Assistant Escrow Officer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Escrow Officer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Fidelity National Title full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reasonable Pay, Freedom within the office, Easy work. I enjoyed very little micromanaging from management while getting paid a decent wage. The overtime, which resulted in great, became a burden at times.

Cons

Backstabbers, Mandatory Overtime, Lack of work-life balance. I was hired as a full time student and they were well aware of that and said that they would be sensitive to that. After I was hired, it is like they forgot I was a student.

Offer more opportunities for knowledge and advancement.

Alright it paid the bills

I have been working at Fidelity National Title

Pros

It was not hard work

Cons

It was not as secure as I thought. I worked there for a year and then the entire office closed.

Be more transparent with your employees

Awful experience

I worked at Fidelity National Title

Pros

The initial pay was competitive. The benefits were sufficient for the market, not great by any means.

Cons

The manager was completely unaccountable for the way employees were treated. The upper/regional management turned the other cheek to high turn over, employee dissatisfaction, and gross incompetence of the unit manager as long as the unit was profitable. Terrible experience, dreadful treatment. Shame on FNF.

Good corporation to work for.

Former Employee - Escrow Officer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Escrow Officer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Fidelity National Title full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's a nationwide corporation so jobs can be available in most states. Initial opportunities for advancement are good and payscale is good for no degrees required.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement into management positions is more difficult. The real estate market is temperamental so workflow is not steady and layoffs are a regular part of this job.

Maintaining your permanent employee's jobs instead of continuous layoffs would create more loyal and satisfied employees as well as promote customer satisfaction and client relations.

File Clerk

I worked at Fidelity National Title full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Worked around my school schedule

Cons

Management sucked and didn't care about its employees.