Fidelity & Guaranty Life

Updated July 7, 2014
Updated July 7, 2014

2.1

Lee Launer

Excellent company regardless of what disgruntled employees think

Pros

Very innovative, cutting edge company leading the way. Always focused on how we can improve our services as a company. Team atmosphere, Company Promotes self improvement. Excellent benefits. Fidelity and Guaranty life highers the best, and brightest to lead us in to the next phase of how a company should operate. Leadership provides a good guideline to follow. I just wish everyone would understand this.

Cons

Some negativity throughout, but that is to be expected.

Doing an excellent job

The company is changing for the worse, it is a complete shame

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Baltimore, MD

Pros

If you are single, and have no kids, or do not care about having a life. This is the perfect place for you. You will be working with people that have no problem putting in 100hrs a week just to make people happy. This new royal family that is in charge really likes to gloat about how much money they have, with the jewelry, and the cars and the late nights. It has been just horrific to see what happened to a once great place to work at.

Cons

If you are looking to work at a place that will expect you to work, and bleed FGL 24 hrs. a day 7 days a week, then this is the place for you. Kiss your family and children goodbye in the name of Data Center migration. If you still have a family by now. Kiss your personal life goodbye. Guess what you can be replaced by outsourced resources all in the name of

Management will feel their pain when their datacenter migration turned into hey you also need to build out a Texas datacenter. The Company will suffer. The final peons that stick around will probably die because of lack of sleep. Management you have a personal life. Why don’t you take charge of the dictators below you and show us how to properly lead a company. Because right now all I can say on my exit interview is, I don't want to end up divorced again, and lose my child. FGL datacenter collocation is not worth me losing my family. Go find another peasant that will do it. All career opportunities are given to people in the Philippines, and India. Salaries are based off of a 40hr work week. If you want me to work 90 hours you must pay me over time, and find me a new wife!

Working for this company is like selling your soul to the devil.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Salaries are adequate if you work a 40 hour week.

Most (lower level) employees are friendly.

Cons

Home/Work balance is non-existent. While it is not in writing, most are expected to work whatever hours to achieve company goals including late nights, weekends, holidays and vacation days.

Poor moral throughout the company.

(Some times costly) Mistakes are made regularly. The company would rather pay to fix mistakes than hire FTEs to do the job right the first time. The company pays large amounts in fines and law suits.

Job training and mentoring is not offered. Ironic seeing how the VP of Human Resources specializes in Organization Development.

Staff is extremely lean which means there are few opportunities for advancement. External candidates are generally hired for open positions to reduce having to replace employees in current roles.

Manage corporate expectations.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

customer service rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Nice Benefits and green building

Cons

Horrible environment. Mistreatment of employees is accepted as normal daily practice. The turn over is almost laughable. We loose good people weekly,

Fire yourselves.

Worked for Fidelity & Guaranty Life? Contribute to the Community!