Fiducial Reviews

1. lot of good things here

Current Employee - Business Associate
    Current Employee - Business Associate

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy the people I work with and overall it is a nice team, great PTO package, open minded managers who seem to truly care about you. I like that Fiducial is a family owned business.

Cons

people in the branches don't always get information to know what is going on in other areas of the company and there isn't much of an opportunity to meet peers in other locations.

Advice to Management

give more information about what is going on in the company to people other than managers because the staff is interested too and the message always doesn't get communicated.

Feb 19, 2015Director

thank you so much for your review. We are pleased that you seem to view many aspects of Fiducial as positive. Rest assured that we continue to strive to be a better company every day--one of the ways ... More

There should be more diversity in leadership. Appreciate loyalty more!

I worked at Fiducial

Pros

Good working environment, work/life balance, standard benefits package,support system throughout company, some employees are nice, good international presence and support.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities, lack of appreciation for hard work and loyalty, and professional development within departments should be instituted more. At a minimum, employees should get an annual cost of living increase in addition to any merit raises earned. Company needs to live up to the corporate values they tout.

The biggest con is the lack of appreciation for your loyal employees. Many have served the company for a long time, made many sacrifices and contributions to the company, and Fiducial needs to recognize that and treat the employees the way they deserve to be treated.

Advice to Management

Instead of using a top-down approach, try using a bottom-up approach to management and leadership. Respect your employees. Management needs to appreciate loyalty from employees and treat them respect. Employees need to be recognized for their talent and the value they bring to the the table. Employees are not to be discarded like a piece of napkin, Remember that employees are your most valuable assets!

Feb 19, 2015Director

Thanks for taking the time to right a review of Fiducial. We are happy that you found our working environment to be good as well as our work/life balance, benefits and team.
    Fiducial offers

No room for advancement

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible with employees work schedules. Great holiday time off.

Cons

Absolutely no raises ever for lower level employees. Alot of fighting between management staff. No appreciation for lower level staff and their contributions to their departments. Benefits are terrible.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate those under you and what they have brought to the company. Cost of living continues to rise - take that into consideration when you refuse to give raises. Employees see the waste of money within the company - quit using this as an excuse not to reward us financially.

Dec 29, 2014Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you find our work schedules and PTO schedule as a "pro" we pride ourselves on offering a favorable work life balance. Time for family ... More

5. Amazing flexibility! Honorable management! Works as a a team!

Current Employee - Business Associate in Mount Vernon, WA
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Mount Vernon, WA

I have been working at Fiducial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours and work schedule are the most flexible I have ever experiences.

Cons

No room for growth or advancement.

Oct 14, 2014Director

Thank you for the review. We are pleased that you are happy with your schedule, Fiducial flexibility and our management. We strive to offer our team a quality work life balance.
    As far as
    ... More

So far has been improving the quality of work but still has major issues to address.

Current Employee - Accountant in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great vacation and sick time, we do have medical, progression is in the works, everyone I work with is both nice and helpful, willing to work around schedules.

Cons

We do not have vision or dental, our pay is not very competitive in our field, employee turnover is extremely high which makes it hard to learn people/positions when things are constantly changing, several management offices which are essential to operate daily are vacant due to attendance or resignation, in order to promote or improve it is a timely and drawn out process that can easily be improved, no consistency throughout the building on work.

Advice to Management

Bring wage to a competitive level to create demand for open positions and to keep loyal employees, standardize the work throughout the building, if management needs to be apart of daily tasks require attendance! If we are expected to be open and available to the clients but upper management can come and go as pleased without having to check in or be able to be contacted how is the office suppose to operate at 100%? We can not promote, or fire without approval, raises have not been given in a long time and other jobs offer more pay, more medical coverage, and more accountability with its management department. In order for us to push forward as a competitive company we need to be competitive on all fronts, both client and employee. Only then will you get loyal and experienced people who will be able to provide the kind of service you wish to sell to clients who will in turn stay loyal and refer us to help us grow.

Sep 10, 2014Director

thanks for taking the time to give us your insight. We are happy that you are pleased with your allocation of paid time off and that you can see the positive change that is being implemented. Here at ... More

7. Working at Ficucial, Frustrations and Rewards.

Current Employee - District Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - District Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best part of this occupation is working with fellow staff to help our clients and their businesses. It is especially rewarding to help a small business owner grow their business. Very interesting to see the different types of businesses and very rewarding to be a part of their success.

Cons

The down side is that there have been no salary increases over the last few years. Along with the increased cost of our health care coverage I have less take home pay today than i did three or four years ago. Very frustrating.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better communication and coordination between the field and the corporate office. Policy and procedures training should be scheduled yearly for all.

Jan 20, 2015Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Fiducial and we are pleased that you are passionate about helping small Businesses because that is core to who we are as a company.
    In response to

8. My experience at Fiducial company

Current Employee - Systems and Network Administratortem
    Current Employee - Systems and Network Administratortem

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment, good managers and staff.

Cons

We need more training on advance technology

9. A lot of things are changing, and could be for the better, but the prioritization seems off.

Current Employee - Business Associate in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The FFDA division is very much an advancement through the ranks type of business. When a position opens, several workers from lower-down in the hierarchy each move up a rank and the only new employee will be the one at the bottom, who then moves up the same way. From an employee stand-point, this is one of the best features of the company.

Cons

The prioritization of changes seems arbitrary and disjointed. The biggest concern for employees is of course raises, which have not been issued in years. Evaluation processes were discussed to facilitate this, but the evaluations seem to have been pushed back without explanation. The switch from the FFDA handbook to the Fiducial handbook also needs to occur at some point to address issues such as vacation policies, which differ for employees before and after the acquisition. For those hired the day before the acquisition, they must currently wait 10 years for 3 weeks of vacation, while those hired after receive it after 5 years. Most of the changes that have occured have been stylistic and unimportant in the larger picture (constant e-mail signature changes, new letterhead, dress code changes, etc). Also, it is difficult to compare how each division is doing in relation to each other, which makes it difficult to compare the productivity between various workers of the same title in different areas.

Advice to Management

Give the employees more of an idea of the big picture, so they can look at the ongoing changes and understand "I think we need 'X' more than 'Y', but I can see why 'Y' is changing now, and how it leads to 'X' changing shortly". Avoiding discussion of raises, and quietly pushing evaluations back reinforces the idea that hard work and identifiable improvement benefits only the company and not you as a worker - lowering morale and productivity. Address this issue to remove the uncertainty.

Sep 10, 2014Director

Thanks for your insight and feedback. We are glad that you see the succession planning at FFDA as positive, we really have been diligently working to provide growth opportunities for team members ... More

10. It has had many twists and turns.

Current Employee - Business Advisor
    Current Employee - Business Advisor

I have been working at Fiducial full-time

Pros

I like working at Fiducial because of the balance I obtain between work and home life. With the time off that I am offered, I am able to enjoy many three day week ends during the summer as well as an extended vacation.

Cons

When I first started working at Fiducial, the office was in utter chaos with clients leaving left and right. With hard work and persistence we have been able to stop the bleeding and have starting acquiring new clients. However, we are doing the work of managers and not receiving a promotion and the compensation associated with this higher level of service to the company.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the upper level managers stay in touch on a regular basis with their various offices. Many times I have heard, "I'll get give you a call.". but there is no call.

Sep 10, 2014Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your positive comments around your ability to maintain a healthy work/live balance here at Fiducial. As a family owned business we value ... More

Frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not too far from home, like my work, free parking, most people are nice

Cons

HR department has no power to help you with certain problems; terrible health insurance, no raises or bonus

Advice to Management

Care for your employees. Without them your business wont grow.

Sep 10, 2014Director

Thanks for your comments. At Fiducial our HR department is as empowered as most companies our size. Recently, in an effort to better understand how our health insurance plan compared to the market ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed