Fiducial Reviews

Updated October 5, 2014
Updated October 5, 2014
2.5

Christian Latouche

Amazing flexibility! Honorable management! Works as a a team!

Current Employee - Business Associate in Mount Vernon, WA
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Mount Vernon, WA

I have been working at Fiducial part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hours and work schedule are the most flexible I have ever experiences.

Cons

No room for growth or advancement.

Oct 14, 2014Director

Thank you for the review. We are pleased that you are happy with your schedule, Fiducial flexibility and our management. We strive to offer our team a quality work life balance.
    As far as
    ... More

Like what I do and happy with the company

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like that I am given the opportunity to work directly with my clients and I am given the ability to manage my own business. I feel that I am paid fairly in comparison to the market and I like the people I work with. I got to meet some of the leadership from the corporate office recently and it is nice that leaders are visiting the field and listening to us on what we think would be good.

Cons

I would like to hear more about what we are doing in other areas of the company and I would like to hear more about our successes or pending acquisitions. I hear a lot about acquisitions but never know where or when they have joined company.

communicate more with the team, ask for ongoing feedback from team. Help to reinforce that we are all a team. Get rid of the people who are negative.

So far has been improving the quality of work but still has major issues to address.

Current Employee - Accountant in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great vacation and sick time, we do have medical, progression is in the works, everyone I work with is both nice and helpful, willing to work around schedules.

Cons

We do not have vision or dental, our pay is not very competitive in our field, employee turnover is extremely high which makes it hard to learn people/positions when things are constantly changing, several management offices which are essential to operate daily are vacant due to attendance or resignation, in order to promote or improve it is a timely and drawn out process that can easily be improved, no consistency throughout the building on work.

Bring wage to a competitive level to create demand for open positions and to keep loyal employees, standardize the work throughout the building, if management needs to be apart of daily tasks require attendance! If we are expected to be open and available to the clients but upper management can come and go as pleased without having to check in or be able to be contacted how is the office suppose to operate at 100%? We can not promote, or fire without approval, raises have not been given in a long time and other jobs offer more pay, more medical coverage, and more accountability with its management department. In order for us to push forward as a competitive company we need to be competitive on all fronts, both client and employee. Only then will you get loyal and experienced people who will be able to provide the kind of service you wish to sell to clients who will in turn stay loyal and refer us to help us grow.

Sep 10, 2014Director

thanks for taking the time to give us your insight. We are happy that you are pleased with your allocation of paid time off and that you can see the positive change that is being implemented. Here at ... More

It has had many twists and turns.

Current Employee - Business Advisor
    Current Employee - Business Advisor

I have been working at Fiducial full-time

Pros

I like working at Fiducial because of the balance I obtain between work and home life. With the time off that I am offered, I am able to enjoy many three day week ends during the summer as well as an extended vacation.

Cons

When I first started working at Fiducial, the office was in utter chaos with clients leaving left and right. With hard work and persistence we have been able to stop the bleeding and have starting acquiring new clients. However, we are doing the work of managers and not receiving a promotion and the compensation associated with this higher level of service to the company.

Make sure that the upper level managers stay in touch on a regular basis with their various offices. Many times I have heard, "I'll get give you a call.". but there is no call.

Sep 10, 2014Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your positive comments around your ability to maintain a healthy work/live balance here at Fiducial. As a family owned business we value ... More

A lot of things are changing, and could be for the better, but the prioritization seems off.

Current Employee - Business Associate in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The FFDA division is very much an advancement through the ranks type of business. When a position opens, several workers from lower-down in the hierarchy each move up a rank and the only new employee will be the one at the bottom, who then moves up the same way. From an employee stand-point, this is one of the best features of the company.

Cons

The prioritization of changes seems arbitrary and disjointed. The biggest concern for employees is of course raises, which have not been issued in years. Evaluation processes were discussed to facilitate this, but the evaluations seem to have been pushed back without explanation. The switch from the FFDA handbook to the Fiducial handbook also needs to occur at some point to address issues such as vacation policies, which differ for employees before and after the acquisition. For those hired the day before the acquisition, they must currently wait 10 years for 3 weeks of vacation, while those hired after receive it after 5 years. Most of the changes that have occured have been stylistic and unimportant in the larger picture (constant e-mail signature changes, new letterhead, dress code changes, etc). Also, it is difficult to compare how each division is doing in relation to each other, which makes it difficult to compare the productivity between various workers of the same title in different areas.

Give the employees more of an idea of the big picture, so they can look at the ongoing changes and understand "I think we need 'X' more than 'Y', but I can see why 'Y' is changing now, and how it leads to 'X' changing shortly". Avoiding discussion of raises, and quietly pushing evaluations back reinforces the idea that hard work and identifiable improvement benefits only the company and not you as a worker - lowering morale and productivity. Address this issue to remove the uncertainty.

Sep 10, 2014Director

Thanks for your insight and feedback. We are glad that you see the succession planning at FFDA as positive, we really have been diligently working to provide growth opportunities for team members ... More

Profit over service

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people I work with are the best. The relationships established with clients have developed into friendships as well as professional relationships

Cons

Some of the administrative people do not have any understanding of what happens in the real world. Profit cannot be the only reason for doing business, Building a true give and take relationship with the clients is the formula for long term sucess and true job security.

Ask questions and then listen to the answers. The people that you have under you are not trying to cause you problems, they are trying to do a good job given the limitations and restrictions that you have placed on them.

Sep 10, 2014Director

Thanks so much for your feedback and insight and we are pleased that you like the team you work with. As a service oriented business that has flourished for more than 40 years we put a huge amount ... More

New owner only cares about bottom line...........could care less about employees and their knowledge!

Current Employee - Field Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The new owners are improving the technology, which has needed to be done!
    The new owners are trying to modernize the systems and procedures!

Cons

The new owners for some reason are systematically getting rid of most of the talented employees!
    The new owners do not care about their employees......... They only care about the bottom line $$$$$$.
    The quality of work has slipped and will keep slipping.
    The new owners don't care about customer service!
    The new owners think that if you don't agree with them you are negative.
    The new owners will not listen.......they have their own agenda no matter what.
    R.I.P. Federated...... it's just a matter of time till the new owners destroy you!

The gentleman who owns this company is clueless about what's going on with morale of employees ( which affects Federated Customers ) and how his lieutenants are burning this company down. The new owner is only concerned with the bottom line $$$$$$$. It's to bad........the new owner bought the leader in the Funeral Industry and if he doesn't stop his greedy ways for a healthy bottom line.......He will need a Funeral Director to bury this great company that he has ruined !!!!!!!!!!

Frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Fiducial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not too far from home, like my work, free parking, most people are nice

Cons

HR department has no power to help you with certain problems; terrible health insurance, no raises or bonus

Care for your employees. Without them your business wont grow.

Sep 10, 2014Director

Thanks for your comments. At Fiducial our HR department is as empowered as most companies our size. Recently, in an effort to better understand how our health insurance plan compared to the market ... More

Response to director of recruiting

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Springfield, IL

I worked at Fiducial full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Top people spoke with me about concerns and issues within the company

Cons

Not following up on suggestions for improvement from exiting employees.

I am replying to this response to my 2/17/14 review: "Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that we will take your suggestions into account and we encourage you to discuss your concerns with your managers or their leadership. We all have to be a part of the solution as we work to be a better company and negativity within teams benefits no one. As leaders we need to be open to hearing the good and bad and working to address both. Thanks again for taking the time to offer your insight."

I was employed at Fiducial/FFDA at the time I wrote the review. I actually worked for there for 12 years, but I only listed 8 years at the time because I was afraid of repercussions if it were discovered I wrote the review. I have since left the company and am employed elsewhere. I was not a "negative Nellie" going around complaining without trying to help the situation. I actively sought ways to improve morale around the office. I provided constructive criticism to the top individual in Springfield. One of my ideas was implemented, and I appreciate that the top person sat and spoke with me at length on several occasions. I also discussed my concerns and ideas for improvement with a lower level supervisor which didn't go as well. I wrote a lengthy exit interview with numerous suggestions for improvement. I even spoke by phone to the human resources person in Maryland to go over a few of the most important suggestions in my written exit interview. I honestly want a better working environment for my former coworkers. I have since learned that none of the issues that I addressed in my exit interview have been resolved. I was hoping to hear better news, but I didn't. I hope the director of recruiting is receiving copies of the exit interviews from human resources so that concerns are addressed. The response to my review seemed to infer I was part of the problem, when in fact I was working for positive change.

As a side note, I met a woman at my new job who interviewed and was offered a job at Fiducial this year. Without telling her I worked there for 12 years, I asked her about the interview and why she declined the job offer. She said that the place was "drab" and that something just didn't feel right. She is a great co-worker so Fiducial did miss out on a good employee!

Sep 11, 2014Director

As your original review seems to have been deleted or revised it is impossible for us to reference it or our response however, it appears from your comments you must have left the company some time ... More

Federated Funeral Directors - Exciting environment with a lot of opportunity and nice people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Fiducial full-time

Pros

My boss listens to my concerns and trusts me to perform my job. The company is undergoing some change right now and there are improvements being worked on every day. I actually enjoy coming to work each day. Most of the people are nice and very hard working. Errors and mistakes are addressed with the attitude of ensuring you understand the correct way to do the job and not about pointing fingers. Low stress environment that now offers some flexibility in work hours.

Cons

Because the company is undergoing change right now there are some employees that have developed a negative attitude. I think this comes from fear of change and learning something new. A few bad apples can spoil the bunch. I think people should focus on doing their job, and not worrying about what other people are doing and their productivity would go up. I try to stay positive but some days it is difficult. I am hopeful the "negative Nellie's" will realize that change isn't always bad.

Continue communicating to employees - ie the annual meeting for all staff this year
    Continue offering flexible work hours
    Improve building maintenance

May 2, 2014director of recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to review Federated, a Fiducial company. We greatly value team feedback be it positive or constructively critical.

Within a growth company, change is inevitable and
    ... More