Field Asset Services

www.fieldassets.com

Field Asset Services Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Don Neville

Was great before the Assurant acquisition; now same great people with horrible parent company leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat people to work with at the old "Field Asset Services" location, only a handful of slackers (most folks work hard and sometimes long hours), intelligent and friendly people, flexible work hours, some work from home opportunities (depending upon position), great location (north Austin, south Round Rock area), recognized for accomplishments, decent salary (yet somewhat below standard), health-focused, senior management at location are great

ConsParent company management and senior management (some areas of company are more impacted by this, so I would recommend this company to those not as impacted by Assurant management), no parking garage

Advice to Senior ManagementSomehow get the parent company to realize their invalid/incorrect thinking. Have them actually listen to the employee comments and actually do something about that. There is a wealth of experience here that we could use our knowledge to lead us to success. By not following industry standards, they have a large potential to fail, which I now believe is the only way they will realize they made mistakes in judgment.

Field Asset Services is a great place to work!

Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPromotion or raise reviews are conducted yearly like most noteworthy companies. The work/life ratio is very healthy and balanced. The people are very friendly and great to work with at work or outside of the work environment. The company does many employee appreciation events/outings at work and on weekends. You received monthly reviews of how well your performance was. They are willing to work with you if you struggle at your position.

ConsIt's a typical cubical/desk job. That said there are times things will become repetitive or seem like your a drone. There are HR training classes for employee conduct, health, etc. The communication between departments needs to be improved and creates chaos and headaches between them.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly the best advice would be to help improve the connection and interaction between one department and the next.

Sinking ship

Senior Vendor Management (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLocation is the best thing the company offers.

ConsEverything else. They capitalize by taking advantage of good honest people....Both in house with their own hourly employees and the contractors they have in the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all the kids running the place. If the company paid appropriate management wages then they could recruit decent leaders.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible salary but friendly co workers. Upper management needs to learn how to lead.

Coordinator (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFriendly co workers, flexible on hours, good insurance.

ConsLeadership is terrible in most cases, if like to be micro managed and treated like a child this is the place for you. Salaries are horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to lead you people and not micro manage them while you do not do anything but look at the internet all day

Great management, opportunities to make a difference

ProsIt is as nimble as a small company with opportunites to make a difference, but large enough for job security and to meet market rates for salaries

ConsPurchased by a large corporation recently who are micro managers

Advice to Senior ManagementWouldn't matter

Fun Place to Work

ProsFlexible environment, honest management, and pleasant co-workers.

ConsI view my compensation as very good while others think they are underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure current senior leadership stays with the organization.

If you are in need of a job and willing to work for less that $15/ hour, this is a great option!

Vendor Coordinator (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsAwesome co-workers, family atmosphere, access to management, various shifts to choose from

ConsYou never know when mass layoffs are coming, so job security is *always* uncertain.

Fast paced in a dying industry

Independent Contractor (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsIndependent Contractor,Paid on time, Foreclosure industry

Conspictures, pictures, pictures
    Ridiculous work loads

Pretty good company...

Client Operations, Team Lead (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe people are great to work with; especially junior staff associates.
    Pay/Bonus - pay is ok, monthly bonus makes it more worthwhile.

ConsPolitical - promotions can often be based off of "personal" relationships, rather than actual performance metrics, progressive skills, and/or innovative ideas.

Executive Management - are not always "in-touch" with the people, and actual process. More concerned with most optimal way to increase revenue without focusing on internal progress of process and operations as a whole.

Micro-management - really not advantageous when trying to motivate staff, and keep staff loyal to organization.

Separation of Duty - I completely get SOX compliance, and the requirements therein; however, this does not mean lose site of client satisfaction. I firmly believe that when this company separated the responsibilities of their "Property Managers" by removing some of their respective duties, well...it also removed their ability to know what was going on with their client's assets, and the ability to respond to critical matters more timely. Without personal knowledge of "due process", how can one succeed in maintaining client satisfaction, and retaining clientele?

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to what FAS used to be, a company that truly demonstrated they care, and focused on their employee's performance, growth, and promotion of their innovative ideas. A happy employee, is a productive employee. Remember, "find the carrot"...

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Scam company.They were good before they were sold.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Penn, PA

ProsI have been in this businees for over 10 yers and the way they opperate is crazy and how they screw people over is even nuts.

ConsThey will take ur money and run.U will get lots of work then qc will kick it back or they will send other vendors that are trying to take your work to inspect it.

Worked for Field Asset Services? Contribute to the Community!