Fieldglass

Add Photos

Jai Shekhawat

Worker Review

Junior Applications Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people, great team, great company, great software to work with, great learning experience, they teach you everything you need to know

Everyone is easy going, and loves to help. Can ask whenever to get more information.
    Good work/life balance
    Flexible
    Care about employees, and employee satisfaction

ConsQuite low pay for most positions

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

Business analyst

Implementation Business Analyst (Former Employee)

Pros- There are a few good people here that make it sort of worth while.
    - Pretty decent kitchen and free pop and coffee
    - Not bad holiday parties

Cons- Lot of internal and petty politics in Professional Services
    - It's pretty obvious when you scratch a bit that they don't really care about employees, and everyone's out for themselves
    -Also, there's a click that sticks together and doesn't like new employees

Advice to Senior ManagementReform bad management practices, and incentive good management behavior. Sales and Marketing are strong teams, but professional services is terrible and needs reform

hope management is better now than it was

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosstocked kitchen on site including coffee.

ConsI enjoyed my job while I was there

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing quickly and doing great tings

ProsFieldglass has an amazing culture where their employees can work hard but have a lot of fun while doing it. It is amazing to be a part of a leader in our market that makes great choices for the employees.

-Lots of free food and ways to socialize (after hour events, all employee meeting, free lunches).
    -The employees are typically very good at what they do. Benefits are awesome and affordable on all accounts.
    -Quick growth means lots of opportunities to learn new things!

ConsNo 401k match, but they are working on it. Quick growth means growing pains at times, but overall the management does their best to communicate

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the company culture alive!

Used to be great, now just okay

ProsCertain parts of the company still promote innovation and collaboration

ConsThe growth of the company seems to be overwhelming middle management. The company is slowly losing its leadership in the industry. Employee benefits are atrocious, lagging far behind other tech companies and it is getting worse. HR is unwilling or unable to address employee's real concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter define the management structure and the goals of each department. Improve collaboration between departments, identify trouble spots to prevent adversarial attitudes. Recapture the innovative spirit of the company lost during this growth spurt.

Long time employee, still enjoying opportunities to contibute!

Fieldglass Employee (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent dedication to company vision and culture. Fieldglass goes above and beyond to let employees know they are valued and appreciated. They expect hard work, but reward with plenty of opportunity to play hard too. New office spaces being created to handle company growth are very nice spaces to work in. Dedicated office managers who actually have employees in mind as well as keeping the company running well.

ConsNo 401k match is a bit behind the times, otherwise, I'd consider any other concerns part of any company which is growing at Fieldglass' pace. They're conscious of the issues and working to improve, which is more than you can say for a lot of companies in today's economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the efforts on sustaining the small company culture and feel!

Review of Fieldglass..?...

ProsFieldglass provides good refreshments and snacks for their employees.

ConsFieldglass does not provide everything that the employees need.

Could be a great place to work, but bad IT management kills it!

IT Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTraining, Certification, Pay just enough to keep you here.

ConsSome of the worst management I have ever seen in the IT department. Lack of a team environment every man for himself. No 401K match, lousy health care coverage. They tend to promote folks that were just hired with little or no experience completely overlooking employees that have been with the company for years that deserve it.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean Up the IT department by removing the lousy managers

Great Company, nurturing environment

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros-start up feel, empowering employees with responsibilities
    -access to upper management for mentoring and guidance
    -true meritocracy, promotions and bonuses based on ability and work

Cons-some benefits are somewhat lagging behind similar companies, but they are working on catching up.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't lose the company culture as it expands

Fun for awhile until the lack of managements ability to foster a professional path for you or care

Implementation Business Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFun people, lots of work to do, growing firm, can learn a lot in a short amount of time.

ConsSalary is below market compared to other firms for the same position
    There is no 401K Match
    The health insurance plan options are not that great
    Bonuses are good but salary is low - still would not even out
    Not enough vacation days - you can't gain many more based on tenure either

Resourcing for projects is difficult for them to execute; not all the needed parties will be available for the project but someone will carry the burden. Making it difficult/extremely stressful for some projects to be completely successful in allotted timelines.

Lack of commitment from senior management to help employees grow professionally internally within the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to stop politicking around and probably needs a good shake up if the company wants to continue with positive growth for its employees.

Worked for Fieldglass? Contribute to the Community!