Fiesta Mart

Louis Katopodis

Started Today

Current Employee - Checker I in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Checker I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fiesta Mart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Just started today. The manager is so nice especially the one that is training me. So sweet.

Cons

Have to learn codes but thank.god im.a fast learner....ifont.have cons right now

Orderly work environment but unfriendly customers

I have been working at Fiesta Mart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy and orderly system. Hours based on set/honored availability. Pays higher than minimum. Managers are very understanding when a customer will complain about a "rude" cashier. Customers will defend a cashier or apologize on a rude customer's behalf.

Cons

Pays less than other grocery stores. Customers will throw fits if they attempt to purchase items that aren't WIC approved and they don't go through. The intolerance of any sort of facial piercing, "excessive" piercing, or visible tattoo.

Be more lenient of the policy on visible tattoos and piercings. Making a cashier wear long sleeve shirts doesn't help for efficiency. Having cashiers with such things would change the stereotype instead of contributing to the negative light those with body modifications are seen in. Not having such restrictions would make said cashiers come across as the polite and courteous people they can be.

pays the bills but not great

I worked at Fiesta Mart

Pros

Very friendly, very family oriented

Cons

random hours, hard to advance

more leadership is necessary- you can't always be our friend

Lots of work

Current Employee - Meat Cutter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Meat Cutter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fiesta Mart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Time goes by fast. There is a lot of work. Friendly people pay is good but after many years like 10 or more

Cons

Managers are too strict

reward your good workers

Great place to start for experience!

Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fiesta Mart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training and friendly environment with help!

Cons

Pay really is the only thing I have came across!

Consider people hard work and dedication before promotion!

ok company

I have been working at Fiesta Mart

Pros

pay was ok for high school student

Cons

Not somewhere i would want to work all my life

Short Brakes+ Strickted rules!!

Current Employee - Parking Lot Atendant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Parking Lot Atendant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fiesta Mart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly Customers + Flexible Hours + Thats all.

Cons

low wages + Short Brakes + they don't let you work what u want!

Please treat Employees good so they like u.

If you are a family oriented person this company is not for you !!

Former Employee - Grocery Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Grocery Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fiesta Mart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Getting off at 3pm when it happened. If you enjoy getting called at any hours of the day from your supervisor about anything at all , no matter if it's justified or not you will love this place.

Cons

Quite a few of Fiesta's supervisors are convicted felons that should give you insight into the caliber of organization this is. They give you very little training as to their way of doing things and then hold you accountable for your mistakes anyway , ignorance of "Fiesta" law is no excuse . Their health insurance at the time I was there was far below industry standards another sign that Fiesta doesn't care about its employees in the least. When I was at Fiesta we had a Produce Manager who ended up dying from stomach cancer . I strongly feel that Fiestas' poor health insurance was a contributing factor to this situation . Because most employees there cannot afford the $1500 yearly deductible to go to the doctor , I mean that so what if you have insurance if you have $1500 out of pocket before their insurance will cover anything you effectively have no insurance. I know for a fact that Grocery Managers' at Fiesta and other managers at Fiesta routinely work far beyond the hours they are being paid to work . Managers pay is based on a 55 hour work week which is suppose to be 5.5 days per week which is the same as when I was there. I know for some managers 70-80 hours per week is common place not the exception. Perhaps this review would help more if it went to the labor department and not at Glassdoor.com..

Upper Management needs to be more consistent when it comes to discipline of all employees especially Management and Supervision. Fiesta seems to think that being addicted to drugs and misappropriating company property is perfectly acceptable behavior from Supervisors .Many chances are given to Supervisors who engage in such behavior . Yet when it comes to Department Managers the threshold for termination is considerably less.
    Upper management before you are so quick to fire a fellow manager it might be worthwhile to gather all of the facts before such a decision is made . That way when you are having your hearing on the phone with Texas Workforce Commission and the person you were so eager to terminate tells the entire truth of what took place, you as the Area Manager don't have to look foolish to the hearing officer and say "well that's the first time I have heard that". When terminating a employee , manager or anyone for that matter please take the time to gather all facts before making such a life altering decision for that employee or manager . You can always terminate someone , but after they have been terminated it's hard to go back and reevaluate the circumstances surrounding the event , after the decision to terminate has been made.

Bad view of Fiesta from the inside

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fiesta Mart part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Most of the customers are friendly. They make coming to work fun and rewarding. Weekly pay and end of the year bonuses are a plus.

Cons

Favoritism rules at Fiesta. It's not what you know or how hard you work; it's who likes you from management. If management doesn't like you for any reason, they pick on you. Management sticks together and Corporate sticks with management. Corporate never talks to the hard working employees to see how we're being treated. Nobody cares. It's a "good old boys" network. It's not about fairness at Fiesta. Nobody in authority asks questions because no one wants to have to correct a manager/member of the "good old boys" network. It's really sad, and this has made me lose respect for Fiesta. You do well at Fiesta if you're liked or you're a sexy girl.

Store managers need to be transferred after so many years at one store. This allows for more fairness and fresh and new approaches to old problems. Managers that stay too long at one store tend to feel too empowered as if they own Fiesta. They should only be allowed to stay on if the employees vote for them to stay. Unsolved problems are at the feet of the Store Manager at the end of the day.

its a good and easy job

Current Employee - Stocker in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Stocker in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Fiesta Mart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

its an easy job easy to catch on quick

Cons

the pay isnt that great