Fifth Gear Reviews

I'm very happy working for Fifth Gear

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fifth Gear full-time for more than a year

Pros

Career development - your future really is in your own hands
    Work-life balance - employees are treated like people, not numbers
    Great pay AND benefits - market pay, full benefits (medical, PTO, 401(k), etc.)
    Employee-friendly - fun, company-sponsored events
    Entrepreneurial environment - hard work, creativity, innovation
    Community service and philanthropy - actively involved in the community

Cons

I agree that most things in life are not perfect no matter how good they are, but I can honestly so that I have no cons from my experience.

Continue focusing on growing the company, developing talent, and employee satisfaction and the future should be just as successful (if not more) than the present.

wouldn't work here!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Moberly, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moberly, MO

I have been working at Fifth Gear part-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay, desk job, some co-workers

Cons

Everything else. Management. Low pay, stressful trying to get everything done for customer between 4-5 mins. As other co-workers stated. This is more of 'Client service' not 'Customer service'. Some customers have big orders or the websites aren't working right. The computers are slow, freeze quiet often in processing orders and looking them up. More people leave then staying here. Only thing it makes me want to use my degree and get out of here. I wouldn't recommend this job. Your never good enough, even if you hit every mark on calls.

listen to your employees, i'm very optimistic about growth from here if it stays the same.

Growing Company of Great People

Current Employee - Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fifth Gear full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fifth Gear's environment can't be beat. It's the most pleasant and supportive group of professionals I've ever worked with. The chance to be a leader in every single position in the company is stressed by management. They take the time to say thank you and have a nice employee recognition program. It feels good to be part of a company that is growing and that helps their customers be successful at the same time.

Cons

Most jobs are highly collaborative with team members and other departments, so it's not a place where working remotely works well over the long term.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging and engaging work environment with great opportunities

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fifth Gear full-time

Pros

Opportunities to work with senior level management in an entry level position
    Flexible work schedule and environment
    Access to great benefits
    Challenging and engaging tasks that test you mentally

Cons

Travel to Missouri required semi-frequently
    Communication between management teams not always there

Focus on integrating departments more to create a more cohesive work environment.

A great place to work

I have been working at Fifth Gear full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room for professional growth and opportunity

Cons

Midwestern weather, but we do work indoors

Management appears to be working to develop strong technological talent. They are working on becoming innovators in the industry, not followers

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fifth Gear full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance, good pay & benefits (did NOT raise health benefit costs for 2013, 401k with company match, plus some free benefits), challenging work, opportunities to clearly add value to the company's success, rewards and recognition, frequent employee events and activities, good work environment (fun and laid-back yet hard working), company genuinely cares about employees, company is involved in the community, managers have an open door policy, lack of office politics

Cons

My experience has been really good and I have truly not experienced any cons working with Fifth Gear. I look forward to a long tenure here.

Only rewarding above the bottom clerk levels, and only when you consider other employment opportunity in the area

Current Employee - Receiving Supervisor  in  Louisiana, MO
    Current Employee - Receiving Supervisor in Louisiana, MO

I have been working at Fifth Gear

Pros

If you go in head first, you will find there are a lot of experiences to add to your resume from being stretched in all directions with inadequate training. Unfortunately, this is every bit as bad as it sounds. Another "pro" - it becomes difficult to leave at the supervisor level after a few yearly pay increases.

Cons

Training is very inadequate on the bottom level. The office politics attitude held in the front offices in ridiculous. I have heard management actually tout that Fifth Gear is one of the only places to work in the area (which is unfortunately close to the truth, but only if you have NO skills, and have already burned your bridges with the manufacturing facilities in the nearby area) to justify making some of the decisions regarded as poorly made by some of the lower level employees and supervisors. The overall attitude shifts, but it wavers more often than not to "our way or the high way" when it comes to overtime required among other subjects. Working at Fifth Gear is as stressful as working in a fast paced restaurant for the same reasons - we try to do everything for the customer to help our bottom line and in the shortest amount of time as possible. We aren't the military and we aren't a fast food industry. We need a LOT more structure before we can really compete with other heavy hitter employers.

I hold the perception that Fifth Gear suffers from sudden and fast growth from a ma and pa third party logistics services provider to what I believe it wants to be - the "Wal Mart" of 3PL. The overall hierarchical structure is established and has settled from the initial growth spurt, but the bottom rung employees, of which there are many, have no standard operating procedures and many feel the time and effort demanded from them on a day to day basis is unfair. When new contracts are drawn up with clients, it would be nice to think we consider the employees, the backbone and reason that the company exists, rather than embellish our abilities and push our employees to their limits weekend after weekend.

Worked for Fifth Gear? Contribute to the Community!