Fifth Group Restaurants

Updated November 17, 2014
3.4

Robby Kukler

Amazing Company

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People who love what they do and they do it very well. Exciting place to be. From Server to Director of Operations, there is enthusiasm and a willingness to be better than you were yesterday.

The discount doesn't hurt either.

Cons

Small company, so advancement is limited and competitive. High expectations from the partners & management, so don't bother if you are not ready to get to work.

In my 5 year experience went from home grown inclusiveness to corporate exclusivity experience...

I worked at Fifth Group Restaurants

Pros

Good training program and beverage education program. It is a good place to work if you are in school or if you plan making a career in the service industry. 401K plan

Cons

When I started it had a real inclusive family feel and felt like my opinion mattered. Over the years it became more corporate like many big chain restaurants I began to see the service staff commoditized and my opinions mattered much less. There became a double standard concerning accountability between staff and management. I also was making less money than when I started even though the restaurant was making record profits.
    No health insurance offered either...

Return to the mantra when I started which was "If we take care of the people who take care of our guest then we will always be successful". Success isn't just measured in the amount of year over year profits.

It was ok.

Former Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

During my experience I learned great self-organizational skills.

Cons

I rather not comment at this time.

N/A

Fun people, great place to work

Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a great company to work for, especially if you're in the hospitality business. Great people to work with, which makes going to work worth it. Management is understanding and professional.

Cons

Dealing with rude customers, but that's bound to happen with any restaurant group from time to time. Other than that, no major negatives.

none

Stay away

Current Employee - Executive Chef in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Chef in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fifth Group Restaurants

Pros

no support constanly looking for help work way to many hours no chance for movement the dissrespect you and could care less about anything but themselves they do not car if you have a family emergencyhave someoen ride you until you quit to avoid unemployment claims unrealistic goals dont go to work dont have a job nop matter what dollar signs are all they are concerend with and if you cant do it they there is nothing that this company will not try including not paying you as agreed with acceptance of job offer you have to threaten to get your pay

Cons

everything you will work like a dog and get nothing in return

get real and remember you wouldnt be around uless you had employees that do the work pay them