Fifth Third Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
5.0
Fifth Third President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Kevin T. Kabat
Kevin T. Kabat

Pros
  • Work-life balance is easily attained when working at Fifth Third Bank (in 21 reviews)

• good benefits and fair treatment (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • New upper management in the Chicago area have a personal agenda (in 31 reviews)

• Sales goals as a teller were the worst part (in 26 reviews)

Mortgage Closer

Former Employee - Mortgage Closer in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Mortgage Closer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I learned a lot about the Mortgage Operations at 5/3. Ten years of mortgage closing has given me a lot of experience in closing FHA, VA, VA IRRL, Conventional Purchases and Refinances, as well as Construction Perm and any other government loans.

Cons

The sad part was when my position was eliminated and I was laid off.

Advice to Management

Re hiring hardworking former employee regardless of their age maybe.

2. It is a great company to help expand your career!

Current Employee - Disputes Servicing Specialist I in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Disputes Servicing Specialist I in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay. Team treats you like family. And wonderful benefits.

Cons

Training is quick. You tend to learn alot while on the job.

Advice to Management

More training sessions over time.

3. Structured with Opportunity for Ownership

Former Intern - Audit Leadership Program in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Intern - Audit Leadership Program in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very structured program and they put you on assignments they believe you would be interested in. Great people to work with and a cool environment. The location of the office can't be beat. Seniors give you the opportunity to take ownership of your assignments and contribute immediately.

Cons

With the structure and limits on hours it is tough to do more. Pay was decent but not high end.

Advice to Management

Higher pay would pull in better talent. I think after working at 5/3 it is tough to not love the company.

5. Supportive Leadership and Adheres to Values

Current Employee - Internal Audit Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Internal Audit Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the diversity of thought that you find here at the Bank. Thought leadership is the "new" buzzword, and i truly feel like the Bank is a thought leader. I work on the corporate level and everyday you interact with management that trudged through the financial collapse, VPs that have been here decades, and Young Professionals.

Cons

Performance management may be a little off, although they attempt to make it standardized... its difficult to find instances where a "needs improvement" is superseded by higher due to an better understanding of the situation.

Advice to Management

PM scores on the 1-5 scale should be revisited. A number means nothing if two people don't have the same understanding of that number.

Never a dull moment

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers! I have seen several co-workers get promoted to PB's and 2 of them moved to Chicago and we were sad to see them leave! Our office is good at teamwork. Good sales experience. Learned about banking and that helped me in my personal life! It feels rewarding when you help someone in a bad financial situation. Can be very rewarding. They like to promote from within, so that's a big plus! Monthly point clubs if you exceed 100% of your monthly sales goals. Fun to go to as it feels good to be recognized by the regional manager. Very repetitive though, but still fun to go to. Hey, it's free food! Free parking downtown Cincinnati on Fountain Square! My managers are good and know what they're doing. Professional employees that are mature.

Cons

1: Point structure just changed for 2014 and it is much worse than what it was. Feels like we're not helping customers anymore because they only focus on "transitioning" the customer from the front line to the back offices where the PB's can have conversations with customers. People transition customers for the smallest things that we can do on the teller line just to get points. It's sad but we have to. 2: Micromanaging is quite common. It needs to stop. We all know what we're doing. 3: Daily "huddles" are good to get new ideas and products out there and let the CSR's know what's new, but they're soo repetitive. CSR's know what we're doing. Don't insult us please! 4: Now have a cap on how much commission you can earn on one customer. That is not fair and not good for employee morale and drive! 5: Too many office favorites. Some lack attention because they're average. Feels like they only want the best people and the rest fall into another category.

Advice to Management

Stop the micromanaging. Pay CSR's more per hour because we are knowledgeable, and the low pay is not rewarding. Have one-on-one's more often! Actually care about your employees, and not just about what their point goal % is.

7. Awesome

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere and awesome benefits.

Cons

None that I think of.

Great learning experience.

Current Intern - Audit Intern in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Intern - Audit Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is amazing - everyone is friendly and here to help. Pay is competitive to public accounting. There's a ton to learn. They will spoil you as an intern! Lots of lunches, intern social events, etc. Young work environment - lots of people your own age

Cons

I cant think of any except the internship was only 10 weeks.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

9. Great work environment

Current Employee - Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Competitive salaries and benefits - Plenty of opportunities for development and growth across all business lines - Strong leadership from the top-down - Serious about corporate values and creating a good working environment for employees

Cons

- Geographic footprint limited to midwest and southeast regions

Advice to Management

- Continue to focus on employee engagement and retention

10. An extremely rewarding career with ample reward/recognition for high performers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

-Ongoing surveys about Employee Engagement keep this top of mind -Learning & Professional Development (online, classroom, seminar, etc.) -Recognition both formal & informal. Also feel it is a pay for performance organization -Gives back to communities in the form of time and money donated. -Support professional certifications/advanced degrees via reimbursement -Bank Holidays!!

Cons

-Some departments still require business professional dress -Paying for parking downtown

11. A great place to work

Current Employee - Associate Underwriter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Underwriter in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Opportunity to advance for those willing to step up and work a little harder. Knowlegable and resectful management.

Cons

Recent layoffs. Some departments are short staffed but unable to hire due to budget constraints. Can be stressful.

RSS Feed </> Embed