Fifth Third Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
3.2

Fifth Third President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Kevin T. Kabat
Kevin T. Kabat

Pros
  • They treat their employees terrible and have no regards for work life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Worked with some awesome people; good benefits in line with what others offer (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • New upper management in the Chicago area have a personal agenda (in 29 reviews)

• Sales goals are not realistic and the training was inadequate (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

131 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Banks are intresting

Current Employee - Lead Business Analyst  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Renewed focus on employees, frequent employee engagement activities at least in the IT department. Great experiance, provides challenges on a daily basis that allow an employee to grow and organically enhance their skillset. Great co-workers.

Cons

Pay is lower than average and HR is aloof to the fact. Tons of management layers. Even with the many layers of management advancement can take a fair amount of time.
    Banking in general is laden with regulations and rules, so many times doing what should be a simple thing takes 10 times longer and costs 20 times more than it should.

In Branch Work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milford, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work experience and wonderful people to work with.

Cons

Only opportunity to advance is with Sales. Promotions are slow to happen.

To better value the hard workers and to have more opportunities to move up in the company (not just sales)

Micro managed

Former Employee - Retail Personal Banker  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Retail Personal Banker in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, coworkers, and great customer base.

Cons

You may have 5 different managers telling you 5 different ways to get the same results.

Screen the management before hiring. My manager led me to leave 5/3, and after I left that same manager was let go for the reasons I had already talked to upper management about.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I was able to learn some about the lending industry.

Cons

I was a temp worker, and there was never a clear path to full time employment even though I did the same job as full time workers. HR gives no preference to former workers or temp workers in making their hiring decisions. You either have to know someone or kiss up to the right people in order to move up in the company.

Quit pretending like Fifth Third is a great place to work and actually do something to back it up

Good small market bank

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third for more than a year

Pros

Good client driven atmosphere in most branches.

Cons

The systems are very old

Enhance employee engagement

disorganized

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Managers are nice and want to help you improve as an agent. Very nice coworkers.

Cons

Difficult to move up unless you suck up to the right people. Too many managers walking around the floor not doing anything productive. Customer service is understaffed and so you will receive call after call without any time in between. Cafeteria is bootleg and stinks.

Hire more people so you're staffed and customer isn't griping as soon as they get on the phone telling you how long they waited for an agent. Get more information online so customer can do self service.

No job is perfect, but this one did have more pros than cons.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked at Madisonville location. Great benefits and the opportunity to advance within the company is very positive. Overall the atmosphere is supportive. They handled the layoffs (and continue to layoff) pretty well in who to let go and when. I was a casualty (I'm not bitter about it as I made it through countless rounds of lay offs) but they (HR/ER) still seem to care about you and help you through the exiting process.

Cons

My original manager was laid off whom I had a great rapport with, the new (new to the position, not new to the company) manager is very unperson-able, hard to talk to, very standoffish although very smart and gets the job done. Sometimes to advance into another position is more a political thing or popularity contest. The opportunity to get a bonus is good but to achieve it is hard as you are sometimes penalized for an "error" that is not yours.

Be more personable, open up with your employees as you intimidate most which causes them not feeling comfortable coming to you to talk to you about anything. This is something that not only I experienced but others too that have mentioned. Need to restructure the incentive program and penalize the appropriate parties.

My time at 5/3rd

I worked at Fifth Third full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall the company is performing well and the company is very focused on execution and delivering on commitments

Cons

Because of the intense focus on earnings, there tends to be a lot of "fire-drills" and at times an over-focus on this quarters earnings

Continue the focus on execution but make sure that is balanced a little more against long-term earnings and an intense focus on the customer

Great development opportunities for dedicated employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pretty good pay and benefits; I have had four different managers and none of them were clock watchers; Schedule is flexible as long as you get your work done; talented individuals are rewarded and given plenty of development opportunities; plenty of opportunities to work in different areas of the bank and in different affiliates from Michigan to Florida.

Cons

Open positions are sometimes filled politically rather than being based on merit and experience.

Good benefits....Job not so good

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits, pay and vacation. Nothing else about the job was good.

Cons

Worked for 5/3 Mortgage. Worked like people in a sweatshop for the first three years and then laid off when business slowed down. Middle management is awful. No one who was in management had any experience managing nor any experience in doing the job I did. No one to go to for direction. Different answers all the time. Managers could not make decisions because they had no experience. Employees not treated with respect and not input from employees was never asked for.

Start over with the entire management team in mortgage.

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!