Fifth Third

www.53.com

Fifth Third Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Fifth Third President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Kevin T. Kabat

Kevin T. Kabat

Pros
  • They treat their employees terrible and have no regards for work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• Worked with some awesome people; good benefits in line with what others offer(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • New upper management in the Chicago area have a personal agenda(in 29 reviews)

• Sales goals are not realistic and the training was inadequate(in 26 reviews)

CSR Program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work environment, low pressure, high value is placed on the customer.

ConsTime-off policies were slightly strict.

personal banker

Prosgreat company with room for advancement

Consdid not allow room for recommendations

Great company to work for

Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat Company to work for, great values, etc

ConsThe company Downsizing without notice

Advice to Senior ManagementNo

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to work!

Mortgage Fulfillment Team Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGreat compensation and love my staff and other manager in our office we were a team. Great training was provide for all new employees.

ConsOur office closed down.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould have liked better pay for processors. Everything else was great.

Hard work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEvery month they had some reward/ event for employees. It was a family atmosphere.

ConsSometimes management was not available when needed.

Fantastic place to work

Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsManagement goes above and beyond. Respect is widespread throughout the entire company. Compensation is above average for a financial instituition. The company believes in career advancement and provides the training to do so.

ConsI do not have any cons for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Supportive Leadership and Adheres to Values

Internal Audit Associate (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI like the diversity of thought that you find here at the Bank. Thought leadership is the "new" buzzword, and i truly feel like the Bank is a thought leader. I work on the corporate level and everyday you interact with management that trudged through the financial collapse, VPs that have been here decades, and Young Professionals.

ConsPerformance management may be a little off, although they attempt to make it standardized... its difficult to find instances where a "needs improvement" is superseded by higher due to an better understanding of the situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPM scores on the 1-5 scale should be revisited. A number means nothing if two people don't have the same understanding of that number.

Good Company that Resists Change

Team Lead (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe benefits are good and finding internal promotions is easy to a point (see below). Salaries are competitive. The company is good about communicating organizational news and goals. They match up to 4% of your 401(k) contribution.

ConsAt lower pay grades it is very hard to make your voice heard. Even leaders seem to have a hard time affecting change due to the rigid structure of the organization. If you work hard, you'll move up the ladder quickly until you hit a glass ceiling where you can't move up anymore without a background in finance, accounting or business.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and experiment as much as is possible for a financial institution. Good advice can come from anyone and taking organizational risks could be the key to making your bank an industry leader.

It was a call center. I didn't like the job. Bad management

Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe pay was good. Good benefits

ConsCompany very strict. They would rate you bad for any word that was not acceptable by their standards. For anything they would fired you.

Customer service manager

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) Shorewood, IL

ProsGreat pay. Salaried pay was good money for the times

ConsSales at all cost is what they want. No life. Live and breath sales get that sale no matter what

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the sales to caring about customers and employees

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!