Fifth Third
www.53.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Fifth Third Reviews in Ohio

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Fifth Third President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Kevin T. Kabat

Kevin T. Kabat

172 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Place to Start

Credit Analyst (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsManagement is very supportive of responding to staff needs and making changes when needed. Benefits are comparable with similar employers. The environment is very laid back and employees seem to maintain positive attitudes.

ConsIt can be challenging to move into another area of the bank, little opportunity to network within the bank. It's difficult to grow a career here if your department does not have a built-in track. There does not seem to be much of a focus of growing employees within the company, and it feels your best opportunity for growing your career is to explore options at other companies.

Structured with Opportunity for Ownership

Audit Leadership Program (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsVery structured program and they put you on assignments they believe you would be interested in. Great people to work with and a cool environment. The location of the office can't be beat. Seniors give you the opportunity to take ownership of your assignments and contribute immediately.

ConsWith the structure and limits on hours it is tough to do more. Pay was decent but not high end.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher pay would pull in better talent. I think after working at 5/3 it is tough to not love the company.

Running thin

Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsLarge organization with many local opportunities. The company has some talented people, and some are rewarded for their contributions.

ConsManagement is running the organization too lean for sustainable success. Many systems need updated, and 5 jobs for every 3 people has some truth to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be pennywise and pound foolish.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Banks are intresting

Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsRenewed focus on employees, frequent employee engagement activities at least in the IT department. Great experiance, provides challenges on a daily basis that allow an employee to grow and organically enhance their skillset. Great co-workers.

ConsPay is lower than average and HR is aloof to the fact. Tons of management layers. Even with the many layers of management advancement can take a fair amount of time.
    Banking in general is laden with regulations and rules, so many times doing what should be a simple thing takes 10 times longer and costs 20 times more than it should.

In Branch Work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Milford, OH

ProsGreat work experience and wonderful people to work with.

ConsOnly opportunity to advance is with Sales. Promotions are slow to happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo better value the hard workers and to have more opportunities to move up in the company (not just sales)

Micro managed

Retail Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsBenefits, coworkers, and great customer base.

ConsYou may have 5 different managers telling you 5 different ways to get the same results.

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen the management before hiring. My manager led me to leave 5/3, and after I left that same manager was let go for the reasons I had already talked to upper management about.

It was a job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsI was able to learn some about the lending industry.

ConsI was a temp worker, and there was never a clear path to full time employment even though I did the same job as full time workers. HR gives no preference to former workers or temp workers in making their hiring decisions. You either have to know someone or kiss up to the right people in order to move up in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit pretending like Fifth Third is a great place to work and actually do something to back it up

Good small market bank

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood client driven atmosphere in most branches.

ConsThe systems are very old

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhance employee engagement

disorganized

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsManagers are nice and want to help you improve as an agent. Very nice coworkers.

ConsDifficult to move up unless you suck up to the right people. Too many managers walking around the floor not doing anything productive. Customer service is understaffed and so you will receive call after call without any time in between. Cafeteria is bootleg and stinks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people so you're staffed and customer isn't griping as soon as they get on the phone telling you how long they waited for an agent. Get more information online so customer can do self service.

No job is perfect, but this one did have more pros than cons.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsWorked at Madisonville location. Great benefits and the opportunity to advance within the company is very positive. Overall the atmosphere is supportive. They handled the layoffs (and continue to layoff) pretty well in who to let go and when. I was a casualty (I'm not bitter about it as I made it through countless rounds of lay offs) but they (HR/ER) still seem to care about you and help you through the exiting process.

ConsMy original manager was laid off whom I had a great rapport with, the new (new to the position, not new to the company) manager is very unperson-able, hard to talk to, very standoffish although very smart and gets the job done. Sometimes to advance into another position is more a political thing or popularity contest. The opportunity to get a bonus is good but to achieve it is hard as you are sometimes penalized for an "error" that is not yours.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more personable, open up with your employees as you intimidate most which causes them not feeling comfortable coming to you to talk to you about anything. This is something that not only I experienced but others too that have mentioned. Need to restructure the incentive program and penalize the appropriate parties.

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fifth Third reviews and ratings in Ohio — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fifth Third CEO Kevin T. Kabat. All 172 reviews posted anonymously by Fifth Third employees.