Fifth Third Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Fifth Third President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Kevin T. Kabat
Kevin T. Kabat

Pros
  • Work-life balance is easily attained when working at Fifth Third Bank (in 21 reviews)

• good benefits and fair treatment (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • New upper management in the Chicago area have a personal agenda (in 31 reviews)

• Sales goals as a teller were the worst part (in 26 reviews)

1. Best bank I worked for so far

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time

Pros

- Decent pay - Lots of different positions - Get promoted quickly - Great management - Lots community events to partake in (E-bus, Toledo Zoo, Pride Parade etc) - Very easy computer system

Cons

- Sometimes I think management has no idea on how customers think and make these weird routines for retail bankers

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money on marketing materials! We waste so much time and money on replacing advertisments in the branches. Plus, there are always a lot of brouchures and other reading materials that are being updated every other week so we have to throw out a bunch of the old ones. Total waste of paper!

2. Fifth Third Review

I have been working at Fifth Third

Pros

Great place to work with a great culture. Opportunities are available for ambitious employees.

Cons

The pay is a little below market, but the work-life balance makes up for the difference.

3. Strategic thinkers in a slow moving environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Madisonville Office in IT. Great benefits. Plenty of time off. Upper management are strategic thinkers. Great in-house designers, developers, and testers. Some business partners were open minded and trusted internal recommendations.

Cons

Limited office space and slow to upgrade hardware. Ran 99.9% on Microsoft and getting new software approval required months approvals. Mostly partnered with offshore development firms instead of domestic development talent.

Advice to Management

Get some Macs and know how to support them. Reevaluate salary range for job titles.

5. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Personal Banker II in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker II in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people and culture. Good hours and management is flexible with schedule. Team environment. If you work hard and make good connections upward mobility is definitely in your future.

Cons

Lengthy training. Have to know the right people to advance. It is difficult to move up if you are in a low performing branch. Need to always make goal to be noticed

6. Great company with good benefits

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Fifth Third (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits Great hours Holidays off Good work life balance

Cons

If you do not meet sales goals your gone!

7. Teller

I worked at Fifth Third part-time

Pros

Wonderful people to work with, care more about the customer rather than the sale. This is the 3rd bank I've worked at and the best bank I've worked at. They know how to manage without micromanaging, and it's nice being able to go to work every day and not dread it. I'm going to miss working here, and I'm only leaving because I need full time work and it's not available in my area. They negotiate with you as well when it comes to compensation and they're quite fair about it for the most part.

Cons

Very expensive health insurance! Bare minimum health insurance alone is 85 dollars per pay check!

Advice to Management

Work on lowering the price of benefits, that's seriously my only complaint.

8. Mortgage Loan Processor

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Business casual, friendly employees, a lot of company perks/discounts, nice salary and benefits packages.

Cons

Management is terribly discombobulated and generally self-centered. There is no official training on how to process their files for different programs and they will throw a bunch of files on you and expect you to process them quickly without any proper guidance or assistance. Management doesn't have experience processing any files, so they are no help. They mandate overtime as a response to giving you too many files. They say there's opportunity to grow within but often won't promote you. Management is very competitive to be the best team in the Bank and often over extends work to their processors and/or has a blatant disregard for upsetting any attempt at a work/life balance.,

Advice to Management

Hire managers that have experience processing all kinds of files so that they can be effective in assisting their team. Stop trying to change the atmosphere to a military base camp and take a moment to understand how dumping all the work on your processors and not effectively assisting them actually affects them. Stop letting your competitiveness to be the best affect your employees so negatively at home and physically and don't throw in their face that if they can't do their job there are people in the street that are waiting for the opportunity. Focus on making the processing of the loans more efficient.

9. Great company

I have been working at Fifth Third

Pros

Great company who care about employees. Great benefits. Smart management.

Cons

Low commissions, lack in technology.

Middle of the road

Current Employee - Operations in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Operations in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to gain work experience and exposure to industry as a whole.

Cons

Limited opportunities for growth with little/no employee development. Compensation tends to trend well below median range for most positions. There are opportunities to supplement with incentives but these can be hard to achieve consistently without compromising yourself.

Advice to Management

Opportunity exists to create better employee engagement & investment in career development. There are many long-term employees who've been pigeon-holed and not appropriately built-up, many are overlooked for their hard work while their managers & supervisors continue to receive multiple recognitions & Horizon Awards.

11. Personal Banker

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Dayton, OH

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working for the company. Had a great work life balance, which means there is rarely required overtime. I worked in a branch so hours were great 830-5. If you a great co-workers in your branch as well as a great Financial Center Manager you will have an awesome experience,

Cons

Stop turning banking into an actual sales team. There were times when we were calling the same customers every week for cal nights. There were numerous times where a customer stated they were called just two weeks prior or in the same day. Sometimes it felt like your on a scavenger hunt for business., especially if you were in a slower branch. In other words, you felt like a telemarketer at times, and others your may feel like a car salesmen.

Advice to Management

Stop treating banking like a car dealership. Customers want to see the value in products, not pushed on products because they want to hit a goal.

RSS Feed </> Embed