Fifth Third

www.53.com

Fifth Third Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Fifth Third President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Kevin T. Kabat

Kevin T. Kabat

Pros
  • They treat their employees terrible and have no regards for work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• Worked with some awesome people; good benefits in line with what others offer(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • New upper management in the Chicago area have a personal agenda(in 29 reviews)

• Sales goals are not realistic and the training was inadequate(in 26 reviews)

I Love 5/3

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe customers and the co worker like family environment. Forming bonds with co workers that grow ovwer the years.

ConsNot enough time in the day to enjoy my job

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to love respect cherish and honor your employees.

Fifth third genuinely cares about their employees

Retail Personal Banker (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThey promote from within as long as you work hard and reach your sales goals. Great benefits, family oriented, great place to work.

ConsThe goals are tough to reach. There are times where your goals can be higher then the branch goals. Not enough staff, plan on working a lot of weekends.

Structured with Opportunity for Ownership

Audit Leadership Program (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsVery structured program and they put you on assignments they believe you would be interested in. Great people to work with and a cool environment. The location of the office can't be beat. Seniors give you the opportunity to take ownership of your assignments and contribute immediately.

ConsWith the structure and limits on hours it is tough to do more. Pay was decent but not high end.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher pay would pull in better talent. I think after working at 5/3 it is tough to not love the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to work for

Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsStrong bank that is very employee and customer oriented. It's the Big Little Bank! You're not just a number. You are valued and career advancement is encouraged. Corporate environment without the micromanaging.

ConsSometimes you're without the necessary tools to do your job well. High turnover lately. Lack of managers and regional managers.

Advice to Senior Managementlately upper management has somewhat unrealistic goals about production and time management. 50 hours of work in 40 hours doesn't work!

Several opportunities for growth within the organization

Prosincentives for performance, good benefits, great partnerships with other lines of business, newer senior management is focusing coaching and not product pushing

Conseach branch varies depending on location and line of business partners, some managers still micro manage

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue

Great company to work for

Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat Company to work for, great values, etc

ConsThe company Downsizing without notice

Advice to Senior ManagementNo

Supportive Leadership and Adheres to Values

Internal Audit Associate (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI like the diversity of thought that you find here at the Bank. Thought leadership is the "new" buzzword, and i truly feel like the Bank is a thought leader. I work on the corporate level and everyday you interact with management that trudged through the financial collapse, VPs that have been here decades, and Young Professionals.

ConsPerformance management may be a little off, although they attempt to make it standardized... its difficult to find instances where a "needs improvement" is superseded by higher due to an better understanding of the situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPM scores on the 1-5 scale should be revisited. A number means nothing if two people don't have the same understanding of that number.

Fantastic place to work

Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsManagement goes above and beyond. Respect is widespread throughout the entire company. Compensation is above average for a financial instituition. The company believes in career advancement and provides the training to do so.

ConsI do not have any cons for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Hard work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEvery month they had some reward/ event for employees. It was a family atmosphere.

ConsSometimes management was not available when needed.

High goals that seem attainable -- low foot traffic -- lots of cold calls

ProsBenefits are great and worth the time

ConsCold calls -- expected to work 8 days in a row at times

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!