Fiksu Reviews

3.5
Micah Adler, PhD

Love it here!

I have been working at Fiksu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fiksu is awesome because they really want to make this a great place to work. I think we're pretty good at recognizing areas of improvement and actually working to fix them. The core Fiksu-focused teams (like IT and HR) are awesome! We have a manicurist and massage therapist every other week, a bookshelf where people can share work and non-work related things, everyone enjoys hanging out together, and our execs are really approachable.

Cons

Because Fiksu is so people-focused it can cause people to act a bit spoiled. The majority of discontent seems to spring from employees who have been here for several years and feel that they DESERVE (insert blank here). People can have a sense of entitlement and it's extremely frustrating sometimes.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of entitlement and how it negatively impacts others

Great place to start a career

I have been working at Fiksu full-time

Pros

Smart coworkers in a fast paced environment that's constantly changing. Unlimited vacation and work life balance is typically great

Cons

Constant company changes/pivots can be troublesome. Exec/HR seems to be out of touch. Employees are leaving left and right and there has yet to be an active response to mitigate the mass exodus occurring right in front of their eyes. Pay isn't great, no 401K matching

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees

3. Software Developer

Pros

Great place to work, interesting problems, fantastic coworkers

Cons

coordination between teams is sometimes frustrating

Advice to Management

be more transparent

Great place to work

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fiksu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people, collaborative teams, united by common goal, free food with healthy options

Cons

lack of inter-department communication, really young average employee age, stingy salaries

Advice to Management

invest in people who have industry expertise

Good place to work

I worked at Fiksu full-time

Pros

Open, transparent culture Accessible management team that communicates and tells you like it is Company works hard to make it an enjoyable place to work

Cons

A lot of different initiatives and products to manage - for someone who has to understand everything the company provides and communicate that effectively to a client it can be a challenge.

Priorities

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fiksu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great market to be in, flexible hours, smart employees.

Cons

Executive leadership is out of touch with their employees and the market. Pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Seems odd that the Exec team laid off a decent chunk of the organization earlier this year in order 'to cut costs' but then photos surface of the Exec/Marketing/Sr. Sales team partying in Cannes on yachts. That can't be cheap and I don't think I heard of any type of ROI coming from last yrs event. Rather then spending on luxurious getaways why not reinvest in internal resources so the teams that run these campaigns aren't so strapped?

Fiksu Review

I have been working at Fiksu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are talented managers who take the time to understand your professional development goals, and work through your challenges. The work-life balance is great if you set the boundaries yourself, and in general people are pleasant to work with. One of my favorite experiences here has been the latitude to make mistakes without judgement or fear of retribution.

Cons

After the layoffs there's been quite a bit of negativity across the associate and mid-level management, which could be assuaged by upper management if they publically recognized, and took action on, encouraging their employees. As fun as drinks with your team or a budget for decorating workspaces can be I'd prefer honest dialogue about their philosophy, what they expect from us specifically, and what they are doing themselves to walk-the-walk of a customer focused organization.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk.

9. great place to work

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

Pros

fun, dynamic atmosphere. nice people

Cons

nothing that comes to mind

Great company with great benefits!

Former Employee - Client Performance Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Client Performance Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Fiksu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collegial environment, lots of support to learn the business, and had a great work life balance. Team building was a focus and helped with collaboration in and out of the workplace.

Cons

There were some growing pains as it transitioned from a start up to a medium sized company. These could make the environment stressful.

Advice to Management

Streamline responsibilities within the CP/CM relationship. Even more importantly was the pressure from sales who have inherently different objectives than CP.

Good place to start, but questionable in the long run

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fiksu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fiksu has a fun, young vibe that is very social and talented. There is a reimbursement for gym membership and cell phone bills and lunch is catered for the whole office one a week. There's also a lot of opportunity and responsibility starting out from school.

Cons

Other reviews have stated this, but it's worth repeating that the management is very disconnected from the rest of the company. There is little definition around career development, which make me think I could be learning and making more elsewhere at this stage of my career. Compensation is also far below market.

Advice to Management

If management does not focus more on its people and career definition then people will leave for companies that do. Purely focusing on revenue and an IPO is motivating for management, but not so much for everyone else.

RSS Feed </> Embed