FileONE

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
3.3

Robert Sydnor

great place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Anonymous in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Cary, NC

I have been working at FileONE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to learn a lot about large projects and enterprise systems. Really good benefits, friendly and casual. Management is hands-on and not afraid to get their hands dirty. Friendly atmosphere. The tech is modern and up to date.

Cons

The owner ES&S doesn't seems to care much about us. Not much formal training but even so it is a good place to learn from some smart people here. No Christmas bonus.

Worked at FileOne for 3 years

I worked at FileONE

Pros

Worked with wonderful people, learned a lot, contributed to the growth of the company.

Cons

Management is not effective.

Streamline your management techniques. Get more effective managers.

FileONE review

I have been working at FileONE full-time

Pros

Company has some truly great people and a warm, family-like culture. Strong agile development, leadership communicates goals well and we have reached those goals! Awards and recognitions when we meet goals. People are generally happy here.

Cons

Company provided coffee is Folgers—yuck. Pay is so-so. Unclear advancement career paths, at least for me.

increase advancement opportunities. Starbucks coffee ?

I like it

I have been working at FileONE full-time

Pros

Fun place to work, clear priorities, good communication-weekly company get together, management listens and teams, good benefits for the most part-health insurance is excellent and inexpensive. Strong and talented people here, convenient location. Good place to learn.

Cons

401k match should be better, office could use updating, ES&S (owner) doesn't seem to understand what we do and that we don't work in elections.

Keeping us focused on a small number of big clear goals without distractions works well. Keep it up. Getting rid of negative people works too. Can we get more retirement company matching?

Great place to learn, performance is recognized

I have been working at FileONE full-time

Pros

It is a smallish software company and you get to learn a lot in many different areas. It has a good culture where everyone pulls together (mostly). The people here are really talented. I've worked in big companies and while this is the first small company I've worked in, I love the autonomy we get. Goals are pretty clear and communication is good. Weekly meetings with management are great and people are thanked for their work. I have a great manager.

Cons

While our goals are pretty clear, they are really aggressive which has burned out some people in the past. We've missed some deadlines and the pressure can be intense at times.

More business analysts and quality engineering would help and a bit more time with our deadlines would help a great deal!

I would rated this company higher if they haven't changed so much.

I worked at FileONE full-time

Pros

At a time, there was a great management team that listened and was responsive. If you are on the SAAS side of the house you will love the experience, if not good luck!

Cons

Turnover, turnover, turnover! All of the best talent has left or been released (to save money). The turnover is around 60% per year. Beware. Senior management is clueless to the issues in the trenches (nor do they care to know them). If you are not in the inner circle keep your resume updated because you are unimportant. Senior management will provide you with lots of lip service which is total BS.

Clean the senior management house! Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic does not mean it is not sinking.

Going downhill fast

I worked at FileONE full-time

Pros

Casual dress code. Interesting work. Some good fellow employees. Things are OK if you are on the Puerto Rico team.

Cons

Senior management doesn't seem to know how to run a software development company. Flagship product is very slow, awkward, overcomplicated and very unintuitive. If you are not in the inner circle then keep your mouth shut - nobody cares what you think. The best employees have already left.

Turnover is killing the company. Management lives below the line. Fix defects instead of always looking for workarounds or cover-ups.

Me gusta Fileone!

Current Contractor - Case Processor in San Juan, PR
    Current Contractor - Case Processor in San Juan, PR

I have been working at FileONE as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The company (in San Juan) has provide great training and professional increase. I am a trademarks case processor. My manager cares about us and I have good friends here. It is a good team place to be employed. Our customer loves us.

Cons

We are not trained on other softwares but focus on one software.

Train us on corporation and corporation people on trademarks.

Getting it done and having fun too

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cary, NC

I have been working at FileONE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great teamwork, positive, friendly atmosphere, strong Agile development practices, interesting projects. New work keeps us busy in SaaS. Happy customers.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. Some new furniture wouldn't hurt.

Keep up the good work. A Christmas bonus would be nice.

Great people, not sure about growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at FileONE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very skilled professionals here. Employee friendly. Good benefits. Good teamwork. Newest technology. Growth in SaaS. Management sets the goal and usually gets out of the way. Flexible hours for some people. I like working here.

Cons

My salary is only so-so. Don't see a lot of advancement opportunity in my department. The SaaS department has more career advancement growth. Lots of knowledge held by a few. Recent staff reduction in my dept but at least a few negative people are gone. Customers are pretty much crazy, big government agencies.

Look at industry salaries and keep up. More training so less information is held by a few. Don't ask us to work harder. We already are.