www.filterdigital.com

Updated April 19, 2014
Updated April 19, 2014

3.9

Kristin Knight

I had a great experience at Bing (Microsoft) with an extended contract through Filter.

Former Employee - Technical Editor and Writer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Editor and Writer in Bellevue, WA

Pros

They advocate for their employees and offer health and benefits, as well as consistent check-ins.

Cons

On the vendor side, I found another agency that offered better perks (401K, dental, full medical, vacation plans, etc.). But Filter was a close second.

The only negative again was that I did find an agency that offered better perks (401K, dental, full medical, vacation plans, etc.). But Filter was a close second.

Supportive, fun environment with smart employees!

Pros

This is a great place to come to work. Everyone works hard, and plays even harder. There is a real effort to create a work/life balance. Management is not stuffy. Open, collaborative, team environment.

Cons

With so many different, and vocal personalities, you sometimes have to scream to be heard. However, it's encouraged to speak up and make a voice for yourself.

A place unlike any other

Current Employee - Talent Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Talent Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Company culture, tribal values, work/life balance, we work hard and play hard and have as much fun as possible. Transparency and access to everyone company wide. I genuinely like and enjoy the people I work with. It's such a nice change to look forward to coming to work each day.

Cons

Honestly, I am hard pressed to find anything I don't like about Filter. Of course, with any job there are downsides, but I can't think of a single thing that I "hate" or "dislike" about Filter. The only downside is that we've done such a good job of staying ahead of the curve, that we've created some fierce competitors...we really have to stay on our toes to keep the rest of the industry at bay. But I wouldn't have it any other way!

Keep doing what we're doing. Keep our values at the heart of everything we do. Keep thinking fresh and innovative and new.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Contract work

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Efficient HR
    Good pay
    Excellent benefit if you work for them more than 30 hours a week

Cons

Very few projects
    Cranky project manager
    Insane deadline

OK for those looking for contract work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

Great for those who like contract work

Cons

Not that many offer for full time work

Some good people onsite, but it was hard to work with a virtual team every day.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great benefits, nice office and office culture, profitable.

Cons

Not a lot of variation in the types of projects. Too little face time with entire team and clients.

Disappointing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great downtown location half a block from bus tunnel.

Cons

This company does not value the poeple. They will say that they do, and may give some outward impression that they do - but at the end of the day it's a dictatorship. So if you go in knowing that you're a cog, you'll be fine. There have been a lot of changes in the past few years that have effected client/customer service negatively.

Good Contract Company

Current Employee - Producer  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Producer in Redmond, WA

Pros

Friendly and casual to work for.

Cons

Lack of contact when job searching.

Keep in contact and check in.

One of the area's top tech/design/editorial recruiters for contract workers at Microsoft and Amazon among others.

Former Employee - Contractor  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Seattle, WA

Pros

If you're interested in working as a contractor, Filter can offer some terrific opportunities in terms of their access to large tech companies in the Seattle area. They're one of the longest-running agencies in the area. Their benefits package is as good as any other local contracting agency. They try to promote a sense of community among their contractors in what is otherwise a pretty fragmented way to do business (hopping from assignment to assignment).

Cons

Filter is an advocate for its corporate clients, not its contractors, so the contractors whom they employ are, in many ways, on their own. Contractors rarely receive feedback from Filter about performance unless it's negative, so one must assume that no news is good news. Employment is at-will, so one can be terminated at any time for any reason without the opportunity to challenge. Challenge may be met with pushback that supports the corporate client's perspective rather than investigating the contractor's position.

Find more ways to be advocates for the contractors you employ. Though all contractors understand that Filter can't employ anyone without corporate clients, finding ways to substantially demonstrate that you advocate to said corporate clients on behalf of contractors (for example, in terms of wages) would go a long way toward polishing up the company's reputation as an employer.

I like FILTER.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

I have a great boss and I like my co-workers. We have a cool office location and we get free bus passes.

Cons

We are in the staffing industry, which sometimes gets a bad rap.

Keep the lines of communication open.

Worked for Filter? Contribute to the Community!