Financial Navigator International

Financial Navigator International Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

C. Edward Van Deman

In one sentence please describe

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGood work-life balance and friendly.

ConsThe company is a bit small.

Unfocused company with no growth

Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros1) Low stress environment.
    2) Kitchen is sometimes stocked.
    3) Some great co-workers.

Cons1) CEO is dishonest - he is currently living in Dubai and using the company to pay for his expenses. At this point this is a lifestyle job for him.
    2) Company is not growing and is facing growing competition from sophisticated competitors. CEO is 70yo and not willing to retire or sell the company in the near future.
    3) Company culture is very political - you will lose favor quickly if in disagreement with the CEO. All management meetings revolve around his ideas which are constantly evolving.
    4) No staff development - people are in the same positions for many years. Good employees are not rewarded so they tend to leave within 1-2 years. Non-performers are rock stars as long as they are subservient to the CEO.
    5) Policy and Procedures are adjusted on the whims of the CEO.
    6) Salary compensation is poor, options are rarely given and benefits are marginal.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to sell the company and get new management.

Depressing, pointless place to work.

Chief Technology Officer (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

Prosflexible schedule, little pressure to actually accomplish anything. Free lunches and a stocked kitchen.

ConsCompany has no leadership - its focus is constantly in flux. In the year I worked there, the "top priority" of the company changed 6 times. Each change was precipitated by some life-event of the CEO. He met someone at a dinner who represented a distantly related company, so we ran off to become a partner. His wife got a job overseas and foreign currency become priority 1. He went to a conference where they discussed tablets - "drop everything, we have to support tablets NOW". It is an awful place to work for anyone that wants their career to go anywhere. Also, I was in a management position, responsible for the salaries of my team. The pay here is at the very bottom of the scale.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some focus and stay on it. Or sell the company to someone who can run it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Impression of FNI After Five Years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsFNI is a small company that was started 25 yrs. ago but has grown tremendously in the past five years. When I first started, compensation was very low but employees had an opportunity to develop new skills that are not usually available to young employees. Due to the sales growth, salary had been normalized for employees and consequently there is higher employee satisfaction and employee turnover has deceased considerably.

ConsFNI seems to be in a perpetual start mode. This means while you have a lot of autonomy to do your work, there are minimal policies and procedures for new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementFNI needs a new CEO - the current CEO is somewhat remote from the day-to-day operations and appears to have already retired.

Worked for Financial Navigator International? Contribute to the Community!