FinancialForce.com

Updated February 19, 2015
4.7

FinancialForce.com President & CEO Jeremy Roche
Jeremy Roche

Pros
  • Amazing work-life balance, benefits, and holiday policy (in 6 reviews)

• The Management Team is very strong and values input by employees (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any fast growing technology firm, there are bound to be 'growing pains' as they say in our industry (in 6 reviews)

• Some teething problems but just normal stuff you'd expect in such as fast growing company (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company To Work For!

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Even though I'm a remote employee, there is a great sense of teamwork and a fantastic company culture that exists even with a scattered workforce. People are genuinely happy to be here, and take great pride in their work. Management listens to their employees and is doing whatever they can to preserve our great culture, even as we continue to scale. In my opinion, the main keys to success are being driven, not being afraid to speak up and get involved in new things, and knowing how to leverage your peers. If you don't have that self starter positive can-do attitude, this is not the place for you.

Some additional notes - my work-life balance is great, and Jeremy Roche is the most dedicated and "fun" CEO I have ever met.

Cons

As with any company (especially a software company) going through hyper-growth, there are some growing aches and pains along the way. Nothing too major so far in my tenure.

As we continue to grow and scale, PLEASE PLEASE keep the company culture the same. None of us want FinancialForce to turn into "another Oracle". Of course we want to make sure our compensation is ahead of the curve, but to me culture is just as important. I truly love my job, and the culture is a BIG part of that.

Collaborative, fun and fast-paced company

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time

Pros

Extremely dedicated and hard working people. Everyone is focused on contributing to company's hyper-growth without sacrificing a fun, casual office environment.

Cons

Some growing pains with training/management because of hyper-growth but management seems to be addressing many of those issues as they arise.

Keep inspiring and leading by example

FinancialForce Rocks!

I have been working at FinancialForce.com

Pros

Smart, dedicated people
    Everyone striving for company, personal, and team success

Cons

Office is getting full because of quick growth

Couldn't be happier.

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership.
    Talented workforce.
    Start up like excitement.

Cons

Fast growth means one must be self reliant. And FnancialForce.com provides lots of tools to enable employee to become self reliant.

Amazing Company with Vision

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

From the top leadership, CEO Jeremy Roche, throughout the business, people are dedicated and supportive of Company and Personal goals. While growing massively the need to preserve the culture which enables this growth and supporting our customers has remained at the top. Intent on Employee Success to enable Customer Success in a SaaS business which is critical.

Cons

If you are not in some way a self-starter or dedicated to driving your own development and success this is probably not the right place for you. While always supportive with many options to help this is not a place where you will develop without owning that personally.

Fantastic place to work!

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity. Incredibly friendly and helpful co-workers. Good pay. Nice benefits. Ideal location. Fun atmosphere. Great company values. Solid leadership.

Cons

A little chaotic at times. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Keep doing what you're doing!

great place to build a career with smart and fun coworkers

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for both small and large organizations as well as a pre IPO company and this is the first time I have been around people who are truly there for the right reasons and marching to same beat of the drum to success

- great product: company continues to invests in R&D
    - great culture: top down the organization is flat and receptive to progressive ideas
    - smart minded coworkers: fun, smart, motivated people surround you every day
    - opportunity for growth is available
    - hyper growth
    - CEO is focused on hyper growth, customer success and employee satisfaction

Cons

- hiring is aggressive, many growing pains surrounding onboarding
    - benefits: only one option with a high deductible
    - compensation..

Keep the culture as we grow

Better than I could've imagined!

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are so many to list, but the key element here is the Team environment. It's truly like we're working as one big family, and that's throughout the organization. Our CEO is an amazing person, and yet just a regular guy who's as easy to talk to as your best friend! (And feels like it sometimes!) He promotes the team environment and everyone truly looks up to him. The kitchen is always stocked and they have great coffee and soda options as well as bubbly water, but really the pros go so much further that the kitchen part is not even the tip of the iceberg!

Cons

Only one option for Medical benefits. Would be great to add a few more like Kaiser. Oh, and sometimes it rains in SF and that makes it gloomy outside. Having an office in Hawaii would be great! ;-)

Keep up the unbelievably good work!

FinancialForce.com is what Salesforce.com was pre-IPO

Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tremendous culture that is more real than anything I have been a part of. It is truly amazing to work within a company, which as a whole is spread out across the planet, that is so tight-knit...and during a time of huge growth. Feels much more sustainable than the more dictated culture of Salesforce...which changed drastically after IPO to where it is now. I know that as FinancialForce moves to and through IPO the employee experience and enjoyment is not to to fluctuate.
    Furthermore, I have never see a company of its size have greater access to upper management. It has created a great sense of ownership in what I and my team does everyday.

Cons

As is the case for any company that is experiencing hyper-growth, FFDC is balancing the realities of trying grow at break-neck pace, but also have their attention on product and employee development...you don't go from 200 employees at the beginning of 2014 to almost 500 at the end of the year without some growing pains. However, that is the fun stuff! Nothing more exciting than coming out of "start-up" mode and pushing towards IPO

Top notch organization. Fantastic culture. Inspiring leadership.

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are so many items to highlight in this category. My experience prior to FinancialForce was in sales for a large - Fortune 300 organization. The contrast in culture, work/life balance, communication and sense of community is night and day. The one aspect that continues to amaze me are the people that work here. Across the board - every single colleague I've met thus far has been top notch both in industry knowledge and formal academic credentials. I've outlined additional items worth noting:

Top notch tools, support and resources for a relatively young company.
    Almost no bureaucracy in organization.
    The company continues to invest in Sales, R&D, and support.
    Culture is work hard play hard (Every sales organization says this, but few live it).
    Flat organizational structure - leaders are accessible.
    Hyper Growth company - exciting environment to work in.
    Overall, great benefit package.
    Competitive salary.

Cons

Working remote provides many obstacles with getting ramped up quickly.
    Products and sales motion are complex - steep learning curve.
    No vehicle reimbursement.

Continue being transparent with company strategies and vision.
    PLEASE continue to keep the organization flat.
    Keep compensation ahead of the curve.

FinancialForce.com Photos