FinancialForce.com Reviews

Reset
4.6
FinancialForce.com President & CEO Jeremy Roche
Jeremy Roche

Pros
  • Amazing work-life balance, benefits, and holiday policy (in 6 reviews)

• Growing Company with very good perspective in the future (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any fast growing technology firm, there are bound to be 'growing pains' as they say in our industry (in 6 reviews)

• Some teething problems but just normal stuff you'd expect in such as fast growing company (in 6 reviews)

1. A truly great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I spent 10 years as an HR consultant, advising 100's of Bay Area businesses (particularly those in high tech, and start-ups) on best practices with their people. You'd be amazed at how many companies, led by otherwise smart people, get things wrong. I'm so glad I joined FinancialForce because they get so many things RIGHT. Here are a few things I really like, all of which contribute to a successful culture where people are able to do their best work. -Every interaction I have here is positive and people are willing to help; I feel very well supported and unafraid to fail. -Senior leadership is accessible and transparent. -There is a wide swath of diversity in the people working here; a healthy variety of ages, national origins, and work experiences. - The people here are nice, like really nice, and I think it's because the business is very results-oriented. This is not a sweatshop, offices are virtually empty before 8:30am and after 5:30pm and there's a lot of flexibility on doing your best work when and where you need to get it done. - There are other perks like sexy offices, snacks, happy hours, & group activities that are focused on us getting to know each other, not just be there for show, it really helps. We also have regular philanthropic activities called "FinancialForce4Good" which I appreciate.

Cons

This is a business that is currently in the "growth" phase of the organizational lifecycle. There are many elements that have not gelled, which means you'll have a lot of opportunity to decide how things should be done. If you're looking for loads of structure (a.k.a bureaucracy) this is probably not your place. As with any growing organization, you'll get a range of management ability, but overall i've observed really good bosses across the departments.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue developing employees and managers.

Not for everone.

I worked at FinancialForce.com full-time

Pros

- Great work/life balance. - Fun people - Career growth opportunities - Free snacks and swag

Cons

- Lots of gossip - Can feel like you're in a frat that you didn't sign up for. There are way too many friends of friends getting hired without the necessary experience. This contributes to cliques and makes newer people feel outed. - Constant push to go on Glassdoor and pressure from coworkers to buy into AMAZING atmosphere makes it feel like propaganda - Growing pains: no policies for certain things I won't go into detail about which affected my ability to be successful. - Some turnover becoming more common as I left. - Some people like working in high wall cubicles. It's hard to work in an environment that makes you feel like you're in a can of sardines - especially when doing calls out. Collaboration is great, but so is privacy and the ability to concentrate with people talking 24/7. - Company needs to be more diverse and show commitment to it. Haven't seen a commitment to that, just hiring of more friends who are from similar backgrounds as their friends. - 401K is kind of a joke considering how much revenue this company has - Product not as good as they say. - Salary below market averages for some positions.

Advice to Management

Read my review

FinancialForce.com Response

Aug 4, 2015 – Vice President, Employee Success

Thank you for your feedback. As we look to continuously improve on the overall employee experience, we will take this into account. We do pride ourselves on quality employee referrals. Assuming you ... More

3. Inside Sales Representative

Pros

Laid back corporate culture. Lots of opportunity to move up in the company. If you want to be in software sales this is the place.

Cons

Its sales so you will be on the phones all day, you should know that already if you're looking at this job. No diversity in your daily tasks

Advice to Management

Try to capture the silicon valley tech feel that so many recent grads are searching for.

Sales

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn about a wide range of products, learn about how to talk to different departments and different titles with an organization.

Cons

Upward mobility much slower than tech industry average, quotas are set at very aggressive heights. Reps need to bring their A game every month, and even then it might not be enough to hit annual number.

Advice to Management

Don't prioritize an impressive growth record over setting attainable goals for employees. Success is measured by how happy employees are as well as growth and market share.

6. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Amazing product that truly is the future of ERP Surrounded by very talented co-workers who are always quick to respond and help Positive leadership Fantastic benefits package. (much better than the Fortune 300 industry leader that I left to come to FFDC)

Cons

N/A - everything has been great so far.

7. Fantastic company with a fantastic product

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FinancialForce.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Personally I like the challenge of complex sales cycles. You will never stop learning and the skills you hone will be applicable just about anywhere. - As the company grows they are learning how to invest internally. There's room for improvement here, but it's not lost on the management. - The product has a stronger foundation than the competition and the investment is being made to become the leader in the ERP space. As the products mature the competitive foothold grows exponentially. - Explosive growth will go unhindered. I would anticipate an IPO play soon.

Cons

- Learning the nuances that foster success comes with experience (if you've never done ERP sales) but time is not a luxury you have. - Typical growing pains of startup environment, however a heavy investment in internal infrastructure was being put in place so this is probably already outdated.

Advice to Management

Mentorship programs outside of the organization would provide fresh insights on successful behavior and provide more structure.

Great company, great culture.

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here is great because the executive team has fostered such a positive atmosphere. The HR team here is rolling out some excellent benefits for us this year.

Cons

Some growth pains, but nothing out of the ordinary.

9. So happy I joined!

Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Manchester, NH

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO is down-to-earth, knows what employees really value, and communicates often. Flat organization structure - open communication, everyone works together Employees are hired thoughtfully and therefore very knowledgeable Onboarding is excellent - management really takes the time to do it right! Employees are really involved with and believe in the company Quarterly community service day - "FinancialForce4Good" Salary is at the top

Cons

401K plan could be better

Advice to Management

Induction meetings are helpful, personal, and provide just the right amount of information for new hires - it is so nice FF takes the time to do these! I previously worked for a top insurance company with a very old, traditional way of doing things (thousands of emails, deep hierarchy, etc.). FinancialForce.com is everything my previous employer is not - please keep it going!

FinancialForce.com Response

Aug 4, 2015 – Vice President, Employee Success

Thank you for your feedback. As we look to provide competitive benefits, we will be looking into how we can offer a more competitive 401(k) plan in the future.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very innovative product built on the Force.com platform Solid training program led by Mike Price Fantastic support from leadership and teammates alike Opportunity to advance as company continues rapid growth

Cons

Fairly long ramp time for new hires but typical of ERP space Benefits were average but have improved

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thanks for the enhanced benefits!

Enterprise Account Executive

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Dallas, TX

Pros

This is a great place to work! The positive energy and the willingness to collaborate for the good of the team and company is the best I've ever experienced

Cons

I have not found any yet. I was excited about the opportunity to work for a small company that is growing rapidly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The positive, mentoring type of management style here is great. Management is always ready to roll up their sleeves and get involved.

RSS Feed </> Embed