Findly Reviews

Reset
2.9
Richard Campione

Let's get moving

I have been working at Findly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A new CEO who is applying the much needed tough love and is programatically focusing the company on winnable markets and activities. A brilliantly innovative CTO who has introduced differentiated technology that delivers unique value to the Talent Acquisition market. Individual contributors, loyal to the company, vision, and customers have eagerly stepped up to ensure commitments are met. Much needed separation from the Hodes Business has improved to moralle and focus.

Cons

Leadership is not visibile. Still lack the resources in customer care, professional serivices, and marketing neccessary to create momentum for the innovative products being delivered. Dedicated team members continue to go above and beyond their job requiements to ensure customers are both happy and referencable. Required skills were not replaced with the separation from the Hodes business units, driving a continued dependance on legacy Hodes teams who lack urgency and customer focus. Projects involving Hodes teams lead to customers who are dissatisfied, and it is our reputation that is tarnished related to poor execution by a team outside of our control. Sales leaders who are self-serving, politically-skilled climbers who spend more time positioning for internal power and control than engaged with their teams, opoortunities, or clients. Sales leaders do not have an overarching sales strategy or plan, and due to this their team lack direction, cannot gain momemtum, do not meet targets, and turn over quickly. Sales leaders are glorified telemarketers who confuse activity with execution, and encourage tactics that are car-salesman hackery. They do not take accountability for their failures, shift responsibility for their poor execution, and have run off business partners who are more compettent, yet less political.

Advice to Management

Be a more visibile leader. Move faster to put your senior leaders in place and build your teams. As quickly as possible complete the separate from Hodes.

2. Progress!

I have been working at Findly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart and engaging peers - A central vision on why we exist - Investment and mentorship from Sr. Execs and Board - Great perks (free food, company events, ping pong, etc) The Executive team is aligned and focused on driving messaging and product development around a single vision of who we are and why we exist as a company. It's a truly exciting place to be, where every employee has a voice and can impact the future of FIndly. Everyone sincerely cares about you and is invested in your personal development as much as your professional development.

Cons

Not all the internal processes (sales/marketing/pr, etc) are 100%, yet. Stepping into a small company where everyone wears multiple hats, you need to have a clear understanding that Findly isn't a major SaaS firm like Marketo or Salesforce, and work needs to be done to fix some day to day items.

Advice to Management

It's been a bumpy couple years with the merges and acquisitions. Keep the positive energy and momentum going forward. Continue to include employees in weekly and monthly meetings to share our learnings and customer/prospect feedback. Hire local (SF) and hire smart! We have added some extremely bright folks to the team...keep doing that!

Jul 26, 2015 – CEO

Thanks! With the separation of Hodes (the agency) from Findly (the SaaS company), we will become a focused SaaS startup which will help us address the internal processes.

There's no there, there...

Former Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Findly (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant concept. At one time it was among the strongest performing group of individuals with whom I've ever worked. I was certainly pushed out of my comfort zone and grew while there. Met some wonderful people and made some relationships that will last forever. Got exposure to a well-funded startover/startup with a lot of potential. The founder is a rock star with an incredible level of talent, the work location in San Francisco was pretty cool and until things got rough, we all had a pretty fun time working together.

Cons

But...Can't even say who's left there now within such a geographically fragmented organization that shrunk probably 40% or more - some were RIFed, some left because the working situation was borderline abusive, some retired. Everyone I keep in touch with is thrilled to have moved on - even some who still have not found work are happier to be out with no job. The pitch to us all was "a team of leaders from Yahoo, Oracle, SunRun, Adobe, Google, etc. that will drive the next big Bay Area name like Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn where we have $2B in backing and a unique suite of offerings to dominate the industry." But sadly, getting along and getting ahead was not part of the agenda - fiefdom building, backstabbing, information withholding coupled with aggressive power plays, lack of investment in marketing and sales enablement and directionless direction became the norm. No one knew what to do because the story changed constantly. I was routinely in meetings where we were given marching orders that were the exact opposite statements made three weeks prior with highly aggressive tones like "our jobs depend on this now." Throw this in with challenges to solutions working right (or at all) and the fact that several of us were told to fabricate data by a couple of managers? I have to say I left there quietly and happily.

Advice to Management

I do not know the new CEO Richard Campione, but have heard very good things through the grapevine - much of which would course correct the issues I had witnessed in my time at Findly. The Findly I knew is dead and gone, so I would suggest keeping focus on execution rather than "more neat ideas" that look like productivity, but are really just activity and busy-work. I'd prefer not to have a pimple on my resume, so hoping the new leadership can help turn things around. Good luck.

Jul 26, 2015 – CEO

Appreciate the input. I would welcome the opportunity to meet you and discuss. You are of course correct that we are undergoing a major transformation, one which I find exciting and promising ... More

Flexibility and Opportunity with Past Cultural Clashes

I worked at Findly full-time

Pros

- Some great people there. Many people from Findly I'd love to work with again. - Plenty of flexibility and room to succeed. Findly offers employees the flexibility work in a way that suits them best and bring their true self to work, to a greater extent that I've experienced at any other companies. None of the leaders I knew were breathing down their employees necks. - Stable funding meant a more stable environment compared to other startups or mid-stage growth companies. - Opportunity for growth and development if you are a self-starter.

Cons

- Findly had some real challenges with the Bernard Hodes acquisition in 2013. The two cultures clashed causing a number of issues for the company. Although, I've heard they've reorganized now so there is hope that these issues will be resolved. - Depending on your role, you can spend a lot of hours working each week. Not really that different than any startup though.

Advice to Management

- Sort out the lagging cultural clashes from the Bernard Hodes acquisition.

Jun 11, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. With new leadership at both Findly and Hodes, I'm confident we'll rapidly figure out a good working model going forward, acknowledging that it was less than ideal in the ... More

New CEO is Righting the Ship

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

-New CEO has an incredibly strong and focused vision -Backed by highly successful private equity firm -Company always goes the extra mile to make sure employees are financially rewarded for their work -Office located in the heart of Financial District, with all the start up perks (free lunches, great snacks/drinks, bean bags, couches, ping pong, Kegerator) -Great work life balance. Lots of employees are new parents, young adults

Cons

-Lots of growing pains especially in trying to combine separate companies (Hodes especially) under the Findly umbrella -Sales and product need to bridge the lines of communication better -(***** This is the biggest issue I have seen) Before new CEO came in company went through a 3 month hiring freeze at the same time as lots of employees moved on...so lots of talent loss without additions (fortunately Findly is undergoing a massive hiring effort across the US and internationally)

Advice to Management

-Work together, trust in each other, and most importantly hear each other out! Us employees LOVE seeing all the time and effort you guys are putting in together in the same room -

A Very Positive Experience

I worked at Findly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Findly is full of intelligent, dedicated and passionate people. Everyone is open and willing to share ideas. The product is truly visionary. Management communicates often and openly with parts of the organization. I had a really good time working at Findly and made many friends.

Cons

Every startup goes through growing pains. Findly is no different. There were many challenges associated with the Bernard Hodes merger, which resulted in many unhappy employees. The product is powerful and sophisticated, which caused problems for a growing sales organization. But these challenges will go away over time.

Advice to Management

You are on the right track. Keep going. Don't get distracted.

Account Service

Former Employee - Account Service in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Account Service in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Findly full-time

Pros

A lot of hard working people doing what is right for clients. From the professional services side of the house, it has always been a customer driven business.

Cons

Changing landscape of business brings challenges. Merging a Saas and a professional services business wasn't going as smoothly as hoped. So now learning to work together but more focused on each area of specialty.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with employees and with clients. Build on the business that is profitable and let go of the business that is not at the proper profit margin.

Jul 10, 2015 – CEO

Thanks you for the review. In SaaS, one needs to be agile and to move quickly, and I believe this requires full transparency coupled with understanding of what we are trying to do. We are putting ... More

Work in progress

I have been working at Findly full-time

Pros

Well-backed STG division with ambition to be a leader in the market. Talented individuals as peers. Good portfolio of current customers who are happy with services.

Cons

There have definitely been bumps in the road over the past few year regarding product/marketing/turnover/internal communications, however they seem to be addressing these.

Advice to Management

Reduce internal communication challenges, stabilize product, revise GTM sales approach (which could mean overhaul of sales leadership.)

Jun 8, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for this input. Although you wrote this comment a week or so before I started, I have a clear priority on exactly what you suggest: ensure we are crystal clear on our purpose and ... More

Run Forest Run

I worked at Findly full-time

Pros

If your really into working at a political viper pit, by all means, this is the place for you. Food is good. Former CEO Jeff was a great dude, put into a really crappy situation. forest

Cons

When a business unit leader tells you to flat out lie to a client that is a really scary thing. When you report it to HR and they do nothing, its even scarier. Products don't work; Keeper ATS pulled off the market, CX Apply pulled off the market... Leadership does not care about the employees only their own fiefdoms.

Advice to Management

Sell off Hodes and save those good people from the mess you've made, get what you can for the assessment part of the business. Hope that the value of your IP is enough to keep Romesh interested, otherwise its all over.

Jun 8, 2015 – CEO

As the brand new CEO, I'm saddened to read this review. All I can say is the behaviour being described will flat out not be tolerated. I'd be happy to talk with you further about your experience. ... More

11. Has been an honor to work at Bernard Hodes Group and now Findly.

Pros

People are wonderful. Especially appreciate direct manager.

Cons

Would like to see 401 matching

Advice to Management

Listen to SVPs from Hodes

RSS Feed </> Embed