Findly Reviews

Smart Management, Brilliant Concept

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Findly full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Findly is a very ambitious business. We have taken on the entire spectrum of talent management, from the employer brand, promoting it, assessments and background checks, to a suite of SaaS products that enhance the candidate/employee experience. From attraction to vetting to onboarding, hiring and recognition, Findly tech is easy to use and mobile native. Today's business mantra is all about personalization. Findly personalizes employment by helping employers understand their relationship with their employees (employer branding and marketing) and making interactions between the organization and the individual as quick and personalized as possible (Findly On-Demand tech). This is due to the vision of our founder and the savvy of the executive team. They come from places like McKinsey, Yahoo, Google, and Oracle as well as other start-ups. The company is very flexible about work arrangements; many employees work from home some or all of the time. The San Francisco office is very modern, with cool conference rooms and open office landscape. People are friendly, and have a wide diversity of backgrounds. The SF office offers free (and healthy!) snacks, Peet's coffee, and sodas, plus catered lunches on Thursdays (and not boring old pizza... banh mi, anyone?). Easy access to BART and Muni (we're at Sansome and Bush), and great restaurants within walking distance. Our new offices in Manhattan are adjacent to Rockefeller Center. And we have a team in Auckland, New Zealand, so Findly has an international flair. Findly is growing and evolving. If you want stability, this is not the place for you. If you want excitement, you'll feel right at home.

Cons

Like any start-up, we've had our challenges. The acquisition of Bernard Hodes Group in 2013 was rough, but is smoothing out a year later. There have been some stumbles with the technology, but lately the Company has been releasing enhancements and upgrades almost every other day. Findly is still trying to find its voice as far as marketing is concerned, and it needs to get out there more. The "bees 'n trees" logo doesn't fly with a lot of blue-chip customers. Because the Company is so new, career paths are not defined or mapped. You basically have to define your role and then make it work.

Get clear about what Findly is and shout it from the rooftops! Pay more attention to internal communications. Jeff used to communicate to us a lot more often about what was happening; we need to get back to that. Provide more clarity about who does what and when.

An organization with an edge both in technology and strategic consulting

Current Employee - Digital Media Strategist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Media Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Findly full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a great place for growth and discovery. Management takes the time to listen to ideas and will implement those that will impact a positive change. Collaboration is a great asset across the teams and helps us meet client expectations as strategic advisers. Great opportunities to travel and see how our team (and solutions) are an extension of our client Talent Acquisition teams.

Cons

If you've ever been through an acquisition and an office move- you know there are growing pains and challenges associated with both. Luckily, the pros outweigh the cons on both. Although the overall scope of the organization has changed for those of us from the Professional Services side, it's a great feeling to be a part of a fresh, tech organization that is making moves and disrupting the recruitment space.

Keep pushing ahead to change the space... don't change what's working but expand on top of it.

A Great Company with Growth Potential and Learning Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Findly as an intern

Pros

I loved working at Findly and am so glad I am able to continue! I've learned so much about digital reporting and analytics. Everyone is incredibly friendly and offers their help without question. Not to mention the gorgeous NYC office, as well as the delicious snacks and drinks they offer!

Cons

There is nothing bad to say.

Continue being great and taking everyone's concerns into consideration.

Evaluate Findly fairly and you'll find that it is a great company

I have been working at Findly

Pros

I've been reading the various reviews posted here and can't help but wonder if people see that most of the negative reviews are not entirely objective and they come mostly from employees of the acquired company Hodes. If I look around at the SF office, I see really enthusiastic new hires. They come from great companies and most have given up really well paying job at great companies to join Findly. They are eager to learn about the business and our technology and are often engaged in conversations on how to build this great company. Most importantly, they often stay. I see little turn over.

Cons

Employees from the acquired company are not happy. I can't seem to understand why. Findly is one of the fastest growing technology company in the bay area. We have a strong leadership team that is open to talking with anyone with an idea. The technology team is strong and is consistently churning out great products. We are winning some fantastic deals and we are viewed favorably by analysts and the media. I am just not sure why all Findly employees can't see the opportunity before them.

Be more clear about Findly's strategy and direction. Do not get distracted. Encourage the unhappy people to find other opportunities. Enough whining already.

The only company in recruiting ignoring the clutter and fixing the real problems in recruiting- starting with the seeker

Current Employee - Account Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Findly full-time (less than an year)

Pros

We have a vision that has been described as "The silver bullet for recruiting" by customers, prospects, and even industry analysts. The pace and achievement of that vision has already left all of our competitors 3 years behind, and the best part - they don't even know it yet. Some roadmap items will start to mature, and literally leave people with jaws dropped. With a vicious focus on user experience, using Findly's products will become absolutely addicting, the same way apple has dominated most markets that it entered - through simplification and attention to ease of use. Many things that we simply think of as "normal" or even "necessary evils" are being eliminated or re-imagined, and all of it can be done on a smartphone, save for some complicated assessments.

With the first true complete recruiting platform, Findly could give away ATS if it wanted to, with so many other complimentary lines of revenue. How would Taleo, BrassRing, and SuccessFactors respond to that? The rest of their suites are a distraction at best, and they all still anchor to the good ol' ATS.

The best is yet to come - 2015 is going to be the year of recruiting disruption, and Findly will be doing ALL of the disrupting.

Cons

You can read the reviews and see for yourself the unprofessional stabs left on GlassDoor by former Hodes employees that were let go as part of the acquisition. Hodes folks want to blame Findly management for a reality that was created by our extremely incompetent Hodes leadership over decades - at one time almost a billion dollars and 1500 employees - this legacy leadership group was running the entire ship in the ground. Fellow Hodes folks - WAKE UP - why would a company be sold for nickels on the dollar if it was "working"? It was NOT working - we all know it - let's just admit it!

The sad part about this story is that there were some real gems of innovation created by a very, very small group - a group that is still hidden from Findly upper mgmt today - but Omnicom was too impatient or not close enough to the market to let those innovations mature, and sold most of them off too soon.

The even sadder part of the story is that some of these well intentioned people from Hodes have been in the same job for 25 years, robbing them of the opportunity to learn, change, and adapt to the world around them. One person put it best, "it's like you take a bunch of 25-30 year old people, give them a job, then teach them nothing. 25 years later you have extremely loyal folks that have the same skills they had when they were 25, are now 50-55 years old, and are serving clients in a way similar to how we did in 1990. It's no wonder they are loyal - their skills are unmarketable. Worst of all, it's not their fault - they unintentionally missed the opportunity to grow as the market moved on."

Would you believe that there are still some folks (probably at TMP too) that pick a few job boards, spend the client's money, and call that a 'media strategy'? It still happens everyday. (If you are reading this thinking, "yeah that is a strategy" - it is not too late for you to learn and change).

Findly thought they bought access to a customer base - pure and simple. All they really got was contacts with recruiters and coordinators - executing tactical work that we really don't like doing anyway - but far less access to leaders than they assumed. Because of the weakness of the Hodes leadership tier - the leadership contacts within clients are almost non-existent. You'll see some negative comments about revenue growth, targets, etc. Those comments stem from this "oversold book of business" that turned out to be nothing but a bunch of "media strategy" money flowing to CareerBuilder, Monster, and LinkedIN.

Lastly, I feel bad for those of us from Hodes that think the old way "was working". They are the most blind of all. The entire recruitment advertising industry is the Blockbuster of video, and they simply can't see that for what it is. Netflix is here - it is called Findly - and it will win out in the end through cost, delivery, and value. Nobody needs a "trusted advisor" to help them pick job boards.

More people will be laid off - that is for sure - and it will be the people that can't look in the mirror and see one important thing: "I am blockbuster, and we are long past 2005."

The Findly senior leadership team is getting beat up here, and that is unfair - they've held on to far more "blockbuster-like" employees than anyone expected - especially at the top. I'm dinging them with a 2-star rating myself, but only because we're letting the culture from a dead business model kill a growth company.

Speed up the journey - in any way possible. The investment in product is starting to pay off - people are saying "wow" when they see it. The vision is now complete enough to replace the old folks in the industry - Taleo, SuccessFactors, and others.

Have to get the people right. Hodes doesn't want to become Netflix, so go get some people that do. There are still some very good people from Hodes that should be kept, grown, and up-skilled. Change the culture first, and I bet some Hodes folks self-select out.

Start acting like the company that you are trying to be, rather the company that you happen to be now. This will make things much more clear out here where the work is happening.

To recommend Findly to a friend, is to soon after lose that friendship.

I worked at Findly full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation is competitive. Brand new NY office.

Cons

Once you get a close inside look at the Findly organization you will realize the company and its offerings are built on "smoke and mirrors". While they boldly state that they have the most innovative, proprietary SaaS products of anyone, the truth is that their top three competitors do it far better for a significantly smaller price tag.
    Once inside the Findly fantasy farm, you will no doubt find out the reality of who they are:
    -A company with incompetent, indecisive and egotistical senior managers with no justification for their high opinion of themselves.
    -An organization (and I use the term loosely) that has an inability to meet its projected sales numbers each and every quarter.
    -A company that is soon to experience more unrest as Findly's VC parent looks to unload them after Findly was not able to convert the Hodes client base to their Talent Hive.
    -In short, their talk is far better than their walk.

Even the best CEO needs a good team of leaders to support his or her efforts. If this were my team, I'd start interviewing for better players.

Dynamic teams; innovative product. Company moving in the right direction.

Current Employee - Account Services
    Current Employee - Account Services

I have been working at Findly full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyday is different and the team members I work with are smart, positive and hardworking. Senior management is accessible and continually presents a clear message regarding the direction of the company. There is a forward thinking/moving energy throughout my daily work and I feel I have the tools to succeed in my career. I truly believe that Findly is doing some innovative work in the talent acquisition sphere and I am happy to be a part of it.

Cons

Still in a transition period with the recent acquisitions but things are moving along quickly.

Continue to keep the company involved and informed about culture, company projects and goals.

won't be around in 2 or 3 years

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Findly full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good perks at the office and office location is great

Cons

leadership is all over the board. pay isn't great for most. benefits aren't great especially health

this is no different than monster or other web based job sites. we need innovation!

Not different from competition. Putting too much trust in 'leftover' Hodes SVPs.

I worked at Findly full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Many of the senior leaders at Findly are extremely smart, and personable. Lots of flexibility. Good company if you thrive in a start-up culture and love of technology.

Cons

As much as Findly would like to say they are different from the competition, there are at least a half dozen companies with the same technology, selling the same products. These companies might not have the financial backing that FIndly has (for now), but is selling them at a lower cost to clients.

The problem with selling JUST technology (and not service or creativity) is that your competition is always on your heels, and ready to take the lead. FIndly is allowing Hodes leaders to make cuts that they aren't qualified to make. While some cuts were necessary, others were detrimental.

Senior leadership from Findly - good
    Rollover Senior leaders (SVPs) from Hodes - inept

There is also a huge culture clash - like vinegar and water. Not a good mix.

It's a tremendous mistake to trust the leftover 'Hodes' leaders to make smart decisions regarding, well, just about anything! Hodes had a fractured structure to begin with, led by antiquated leaders - and it's a shocking that under Findly's new leadership, they are still relying on 'dinosaurs' to make key decisions. If you want to truly succeed, get rid of the ugly layer of fat at the top. They are far from intelligent, and truly hopeless when it comes to making any good decisions for the company. Shocking that many of them are still around with their inflated egos and inflated salaries.

Strong leadership, clear vision

I have been working at Findly

Pros

Recently brought on a team of proven leaders providing clear vision for the full suite of products. Lots of opportunities to shape that future of the company.

Cons

Still going through integration of cultures from acquisitions so need to be flexible while this is completed.

Keep doing what you're doing and remember to be transparent with your employees so we know how we can contribute!