Finicity Reviews

Steven Smith

"Corrected Business Model"

Former Employee - Budget Coach  in  Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Budget Coach in Buford, GA

I worked at Finicity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back, Relaxed Schedule, Relaxed Dress Code, Family Type Atmosphere

Cons

They downsized 1/4 of their employees this past September to correct their business model. Not a very stable company at the moment.

Fix the product and the sales people, and make it a more stable company.

The company has undergone a revolution in 2013.

Current Employee - President  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - President in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Finicity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We are fighters. Over 13 years we have tooled up, competed, lost, won, lost, and won again. We have have battled it out through massive competitive landscape changes, funded the company through thick and thin, sacrificed literally everything to create a sustainable product and service with the goal to eliminate over a Trillion dollars in consumer debt. You want to join a team that competes to win? Join Finicity.

Cons

If you're not passionate about what you do and not willing to apply your skills to improve the lives of our customers, Finicity is not for you.

Have more fun through celebrating our client and employee successes more frequently.

Great company values and open communication

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Finicity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to gain a wide range of experiences.
    You have a view into many different aspects of the business, not just confined to your direct role.
    Ability to create products and services that change people's lives.
    Generous paid vacation accrual
    Good health benefits

Cons

Because of the nature of the company's product offerings, which require behavioral change on the part of the end-user, adoption can take time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You need to make a difference there

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I worked at Finicity

Pros

Great for learning different technology.

Cons

Bad management decision result in many layoffs. No job security. May need to work at night with India. Since most developers are in India, you will be left alone and try understanding your workers across the world through phone calls or IM. Good luck to you my friend.

Many things to explore, Good Culture, easy to commute.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Finicity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many things to explore, Good Culture, easy to commute.
    If you are a fresher then here is way to shine your career with very good exposure
    If you are good at your job and do your work honestly, you will get support from your manager and firm.
    Manager's are really very supportive
    The General Manager is very cheerful and supportive. He is cool as well as strict whenever needed.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

None

Frustrating place

I have been working at Finicity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Near to station. Nothing else.

Cons

1. Poor management: Big fools. No vision for future. Just copy things from other product and implement in mvelopes.
    seniors have government employee kind of attitude.
    2. Salary timing: Salary date is 12th day of next month. Many times it doesn't come on time. Every time same crappy reason as funds have not transferred. Then CEO of company will send a letter shamelessly to all employee as apology. If you see on web, you will find that finicity company was involved in fraud for pf account. This proves the authenticity of company.
    3. Internal Politics: Many top management positions changed in last year. If your management is not stable how the company will be stable. One particular department gets more benefits because that it being managed by one of board member.
    5. Promotions: It depend how the company is depended on you. You efforts doesn't matter.

You need to do lot of homework.

Biggest Mistake Of My Career

Former Employee - Assistant Shift Lead  in  Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Assistant Shift Lead in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Finicity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The only one ---> Its near to Station

Cons

Bad finances, poor infrastructure, shared space , poor working facilities, bad management and lack of futuristic view. As a team Member you will have no value. No appraisals on time. It can take 2-3 months after your completion of year. Getting a good hardware is one of the toughest task. Their impression is like we are using this for personal purpose. People who have not completed graduation are made managers.

Management. Are you kidding? There is no management at all.

I wish I could give less then 1 star. This is the review for India office.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Finicity full-time for more than a year

Pros

No pros as there is no good here. Employees are treated like slaves honestly.

Cons

No personal life-professional life balance. There have been time EMPLOYEES ARE FORCED BY US team to sit and work more then 12-14 hours. Although Indian management feel bad for the employees and want to change the situations they are not in position to do anything.

Lately salaries are delayed by 3-4 days. First of all salary data is 12 of the month. And from last few months it's given on 15 onwards. Which shows no respect towards the salary date commitment.

US team don't care what Indian team feels. Actually it's a product based company. However, US team behaves as if only they own the product and Indian team should be treated as a slaves.

Also, there is no job security. They can tell you leave you job and go anytime. CTO of the company Mr. Nick is not a good person hence he can't be a good leader too. If you ask him any question then answers like "It's my product I can do anything" are very often given.

Till the time they can use you they'll treat you well. They will offer you good salary hike but don't fall for it. THIS COMPANY CAN RUIN YOUR CAREER

Mr. Umesh you are a good person please start taking steps or soon there will be hard time in Finicity.

Hell must be bettter

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Finicity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Near to station. Nothing else

Cons

1. Management is worst: The funny part here is many senior working in management is have different background than their current role. Here I am speaking about positions like Director & Business development.

2. Management is only ONE person: You don't have value as a team member. The only person who rules here is Director. HR is useless. Whenever you ask for some queries, you will get answer as "I need to as -----". Simple request like getting notepad or mousepad pens should be approved by high authority like director.... :)

3. Agile & Scrum: These guys really need good training on these concepts. Seniors are twisting the definitions of these concepts as per them.

4. Culture:
     1. I spend many nights here. I used to go by auto. How the hell I can produce the bill for auto? For reimbursement, you need to have bills.
     2. Getting leave is difficult that Everest climbing. You need to put request 45 days before even for single day leave.
     3. Getting a good hardware is one of the toughest task. Their impression is like we are using this for personal purpose.
    4. Performance incentive & Saturday working: HR will never tell you about this terms. You need to work on Sat for 6 months doesn't matter whether you are fresher or 5 yrs exp.
    5. Spying: Many senior employees are here working just to see who is talking what with whom. They will literally monitor your screen. You will get car[corrective action report] for even talking about your previous company salary.

5. Not sure about what they want & what user wants:
        This is biggest nightmare if you are working in this company. Requirements changes like wind directions.

6. Moody Americans: Too much dependency on US guys. Though this is product development company [so called as have only Mvelopes], Indian management have no guts to say no to them, if whatever US guys are saying in wrong or can’t be done.

Go to outer world & see how ppl work. Get yourself trained

Not a good place to work.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Finicity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Close to station is the only thing that may be considered as a plus point.

Cons

There is a huge list to start with.
    Firstly, they have very poor management as a result of which the developers have to work 11-12 hours on an average, daily.
    They are never clear about the requirements and as a result of this the developer ends up doing donkey-work for 12 hours daily.
    Working hours are pathetic; generally it is 10:00 AM to 09:30 PM or even 10:00 PM.
    Regularly called to office on Saturdays and Holidays and no compensation for the same.
    The worst point is that if you take an unplanned leave then you have to compensate for that leave by coming on Sundays and your leaves will also be deducted !! So you cannot fall sick, If you want to fall sick, inform at-least a day prior !!!

Its clear that you have never been to any B-School nor do you have any general knowledge of managing and running a company. I advise you to gain "Some Exposure" and "Working Knowledge" of how to run a small company before adding to the mess already created.

Worked for Finicity? Contribute to the Community!