Finish Line

www.finishline.com

Finish Line Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Finish Line – US – “Store Front”

Finish Line Chairman & CEO Glenn S. Lyon

Glenn S. Lyon

Pros
  • The employee discount was the best part about working for this company(in 21 reviews)

• Fun environment to work in, normally lots of younger people(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is a mess, from store manager up to regional/district manager(in 19 reviews)

• There's tons of sales goals and weekly standards that must be met(in 13 reviews)

It is a really laid back place to work

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI love the fact that this job is centered around shoes! It gives you really good benefits and discounts and the work attire is really relaxed

ConsNot getting a lot of hours. Having to tell the customer you don't have the shoes they are looking for. Demoing was kind of awkward at first. Having to deal with rude customers

Advice to Senior ManagementGetting more hot releases. I feel if there was better shoe release we would have more customers coming in our store. I also think it would be pretty cool to be able to buy different employee shirts/

Overall Great Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Florence, AL

ProsGreat people, flexible hours, competitive pay.

ConsHigh turnover rate for management in the time I was there. Three different managers in eight month time span.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good starter job

Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee)

ProsIt has a Fun Environment, they give you a great Discount, and you get to Help People, you also havefun co workers

ConsThey have almost no hours to give to employees
    They try to make you push all of your sales
    They only pay minimum wage which inst good because of all the stuff you have to sell

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the pay
    More recognition

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lack of hours

Cashier (Current Employee) Poughkeepsie, NY

Prosflexible , nice people to work with, open environment

Conslack of hours, low wage, demanding for the pay

There is never a finishline

Anonymous (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsFirst working their back in 07' you had ready access to almost any shoe and product in store at discount. The store was about team work and unity and working as a team. We used to be family like as a company. They used to promote within and celebrate employees who did exceptionally well. Great first job. Teaches you great customer service skills and great relationship building.

ConsUpper managment keeps changing philosophies and values. Out of 7 years I only received 4 raises. 2 of which where received within promotions as well as have two cuts in pay due to change in pay structure. Finishline also lost its value in quality of life. We were not a team anymore. We were a bunch puppets that are dispossable at a dime. It feels like walmart. We used to have pride for the company because they had pride in us.that has now changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to actually help your teams instead of having them jump through 10,000 hoops just for you to cut our pay.... again. Stay consistant in some aspects. Show appreciation to the staff. They will show it back.

Hard-working, but at what cost?

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Springfield, PA

ProsTeamwork/team-building, retail/customer service experience, gain knowledge of footwear/shoe brands.

ConsNeed for higher and higher profits, at the cost of lying and one-upping your co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure your employees have adequate footwear/brand knowledge BEFORE hiring them.

Great start up job

Sales Lead (Current Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsBeing able to work in mall locations you're able to network with many different people.
    Flexible hours and understanding Team Leads make you feel like you have a friend.
    Very easy non taxing where it doesn't tire you out by the end of the day.

ConsLittle to no advancement.
    Small stores have less traffic which = very boring
    Hours are flexible but not stable, could range from 10-30 hours a week randomly

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more available positions for advancement

A good time, if you commit yourself.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsFlexible schedules, Fun environment, managers respect their employees, competitive yet fun, discounts are a plus

ConsPay is low for SAs. Usually have to work every Saturday

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider offering promotions to SAs to AM based on numbers, and pay higher than 1/3/5% on the commission.

I loved the Finish Line I was at, they were great people.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Fairview Heights, IL

ProsFun, customer oriented, family oriented. If you had a problem they solved it for you with no repercussions

ConsNone that I remember, it was all good. I would return to them if I ever wanted to.

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere, great sales experience.

ConsWage lower than should be

Worked for Finish Line? Contribute to the Community!