www.finishline.com

Updated February 27, 2015
3.1

Finish Line Chairman & CEO Glenn S. Lyon
Glenn S. Lyon

Pros
  • The employee discount was the best part about working for this company (in 25 reviews)

• fun environment and great discount, love all the associates i worked with (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management completely "old guard" out of touch clueless pompous and pontificant (in 22 reviews)

• Must be willing to relocate in order to move up, work life balance (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

cool

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Finish Line part-time (more than a year)

Pros

get to interact with customers, fun environment and employees

Cons

low commission, low pay, very pushy

stop asking to demo when there are no employees

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager Finish Line in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager Finish Line in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Finish Line full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun environment
    Great Discount
    Fun place to work at

Cons

Low pay for managers (Assistant Managers)

Honestly, it is a great place to work the only thing is the pay! I love working here, and you get to be around shoes/sports it is awesome. One bad thing is the pay, but the bonus you get are once a month which are okay. I just wish they would increase the hourly especially if you have previous experience.

Great job for college student

I worked at Finish Line

Pros

Great managers fun enviroem good pay

Cons

Typical retail schedule holidays and weekends

Great place

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Finish Line full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Finish Line is a great place to work and has a great leadership team. The facilities are top notch and the company really cares about the wellness of their associates. The HQ building has a great gym and Cross Fit facility.

Cons

The company operates in a fast paced industry and missing trends can have serious sales implications. The IT department is short staffed and is suffering from high turnover. The systems in the company are very old and can't keep up with how much the company has grown.

Invest more in IT. Give people the chance to grow without hiring so many managers from outside the company.

Assistant manager - still employed

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Finish Line full-time (less than a year)

Pros

30% discount, metting all kinds of people, seeing the most up to date shoes and the Jordan releases, opportunity to grow with the company, I happen to have an amazing SM. This would not be a job for a laid back or lazy ( if u will) type of person. You will see how the business is ran day in day out. From getting the inventory, checking that inventory, stocking the invemtory, pricing and ink tagging the merchandise to getting the floor set correctly so the merchandise is in its proper place, and ready to be sold. From there we have our associates assist all of our guest in making their selection. This involves measuring feet to deciding on color to even trying the selections on. We have sales goal we must meet everyday on top of doing the day to day business such as drawer counts, bank drops, filling out our reports, getting donations for the finish line youth foundation, doing send sales (online orders) signing people up for winner circle. Explaining the SI program, and then there's coaching and making sure that every staff member knows what their expectations of them are for that day. Training is another thing we are really big on. Teaching the sales staff how to demo cleaner and why u should always put an insole in the guests shoe just to see their reaction. There is so much more but we do all of the so that everyone of our guests will know without a shadow of a doubt when they walk out that we provided the very best in customer just for them bc we believe in Customer First

Cons

Well it all starts with hiring the right staff and if you are lucky enough to know how to find the right people the rest is cake. We strive to be the best here in Tulsa. It really does come down to a good staff, not just sales and stock and cashiers but managers and a great DM, even regional management makes all the difference. Here at FL your check is a direct reflection of how hard u work. In all reality u decide what u are worth. We cannot give u ambition or motivation but I can turn anyone into a top seller if you have the drive to work. There are quotas u must meet but as long as you are honestly doing what u were hired for then it's never gonna be a problem I assure u. Hard work is not overlooked with my DM or SM. Sometimes hours may b hard to come by but if u show up and give it 110% you will get hours and money. All managers have an open door policy so if u feel like u are being treated unfairly then there is always someone to listen and react on your behalf. Since we are in retail things get extremely busy during black Friday and Christmas. But that's to be expected. If u want to make this a career then that is always an option. There's plenty of room for advancement.

Worked for this company for 6 years!

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Finish Line full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed working for this company. I worked at 4 locations in 2 cities from ages 16-21. This company believes in inside promotions, in addition to rewarding good behavior and increase in sales.

Cons

Getting time off around the holidays is a bit frustrating (no surprise though, it's retail), also you can be a sales associate and have more education and skills than you AM or GM.

sales

I have been working at Finish Line

Pros

great management, flexible, great environment

Cons

long standing, work with community.

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Finish Line

Pros

Non available/ great company/ benefits: employee discount

Cons

Non available/ no cons for this company

I have been working at Finish Line

Pros

I love selling shoes and clothes

Cons

i dont get payed much

Great job, fun environment.

Current Employee - Cashier in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Finish Line part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training isn't just about something you can use in the store, it's also something you can use outside of the company. The company is very well structured. They want you to be about the people. It's not so much about the numbers like most companies, it's about being a well rounded company.

Cons

Some managers aren't consistent with rules. It's very hard to move up. Associates are overlooked.

Give more praise towards the associates. Without the associates, management wouldn't be getting the bonuses they do. We are overlooked at times. Especially those who repeatedly put up awesome numbers in the district.

Finish Line Photos