Finmeccanica

Add Photos

Pier Francesco Guarguaglini

My Favorite Job Ever

Operations (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAs an American working in DC forever, I love this company. The cultural experience has been amazing. The office at 1625 I Street is superior in style and beauty. Love the Italians...warm, generous and kind. Easy going atmosphere, but underneath lies a hardworking team that supports another. Best benefits by far. There are some who complain, but they don't know that the grass gets no greener than this! We make really cool stuff too!

ConsPay could be better, but benefits cannot be beat so if you look deeper, your total compensation is better than what appears on the surface. Would like to see more training/education to support upward mobilty available (i.e., paid for by the company).

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying Washington DC payscale rates. Recognize women more by putting them into management roles.

Upper management does not value and respect employees. Lack of procedures and limited room for growth or recognition.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat benefits package: above average leave time, paid transportation/parking allocation, free snacks provided, beautiful office centrally located in downtown DC.

ConsHuman Resource department lacks procedural regulations. Inadequate pay and recognition. Growth and opportunity based on connections with upper management.

Oh Dear

Engineering (Current Employee)

ProsMultinational Company which allows transfer between site to change position, not usually between country except at higher management positions which can have multinational responsibilities.

ConsPoor pay and conditions, 25% under the market rate across the board.
    no new staff recruitment because of poor pay leading to very high workloads for current staff.
    Includes subsidiary's like Selex UK, Agusta Westlands.
    I have Never seen the Italian management since they took over 6 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the market rate and you might be able to recruit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

nice experience, nice people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Collegno (Italy)

Prosthis is a serious company and their rooms are clean instead other companies

Consfor example they forgot to give me a mouse to use the computer and when i say to my boss i need it he gave me one week ago. That is the worst thing it happened so it's not a bog problem

inside worker on aircraft manufacturing

Worker (Current Employee) Varese (Italy)

Prosbig company, interesting job, "safe" salary, very technical experience

Conswhen you deal with big company is very difficult to make career, you are just a number.

Advice to Senior Managementmore training and more attention on human resources are needed. The management should work harder to improve productivity (very low at the moment)

worked there

Prosyou will never be fired, life can be relaxing

Consvery low salaries, poor management

Paid the bills

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsNot too much stress.
    Management were too busy fiddling with numbers so didn't have time to focus on the work that matters, hence the first point.

ConsManagement were too busy fiddling with numbers so didn't have time to focus on the work that matters.
    Very poor salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look after the team more and pay a bit better.

a company wants to change but still not sure how to do it

Proscomfortable life and there is no pressure at job

Conspeople are less motivated than else where

Advice to Senior Managementchange the old fashioned management style

Stability and knowledge

ProsStable company in the corporate as well as all sisters company
    Flexible work environment
    Knowledge enhancement opportunities
    Internationalization

ConsVery political environment
    Big inertia to change
    Less meritocratic than networking for growth

Used to be an excellent company to work for under Lyle Jackson. Nowadays if you are not Italian you are going nowhere.

ProsThe staff are very friendly and they will help you cope with an Organisation that is going down.

ConsOnly Money matter these days, especially at the expense of employees.
    Management do not care about their employees, are very happy to see them leave and would even hold the door open for them.
    Current Italian Senior Management have no emotional intelligence or understanding of the Australian market place.
    Promises, while being made, are almost never kept.
    Opportunity for advancement is incredibly rare if you are not Italian.
    Opportunity for growth is incredibly rare.
    No freedom of expression especially regarding the decisions of Senior Management otherwise you will be forced to leave with or without a payout.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your current employees are saying.
    Try to entice back the people who made Ansaldo (Australia) so successful in the past as they know how the market works instead of continually importing overseas Senior Managers who do not know anything about the Australian market.

Worked for Finmeccanica? Contribute to the Community!