FireEye

FireEye Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

FireEye Chairman of the Board and CEO David DeWalt

David DeWalt

Pros:
  • "Free lunch is provided every day with snacks and drinks free all the time"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Fast paced, exposed to many different areas"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours and high work output are expected of you"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Growing pains--loong hours (expected), high pressure to perform at any cost, some poor managers depending on the group"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Bleeding Edge Tech, Motivated Folk and Growing Pains

Some Guy In Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

ProsSmart, motivated co-workers who take pride in their work and in the product. Company invests in headcount and equipment and in keeping the employees happy. Bleeding edge tech that competitors are still trying to catch up to. Perks are nice, but are icing on the cake. Environment, teammates, and belief in the product are what matter most.

ConsGrowing pains as stated above. Company is shedding the vestiges of it's pre-IPO startup days but is still not there in terms of having mature processes and documentation where it needs to. Long hours and high work output are expected of you. This is no place for slackers or those who want to coast (this of course could belong in Pros. Facilities are crowded due to the explosive growth, but they are planning on ameliorating this shortly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep keeping employees in the loop on what is going on with the company. Transparency is always golden. Knowing what the short-term and long-term roadmaps are, give us something to shoot for.

Start Up to UpStart

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

ProsHUGE growth which means lots of potential to move up. Pay is good, stock isn't what it used to be but this is a job where you can network for the rest of your career!

ConsInstitutional inconsistencies mean promotion processes aren't consistent and can be infuriating. Silicon Valley mentality of "work comes first" and hard to justify normal hours (ie check your email at 10pm before going to bed or you'll answer in the morning)

Sr. SW QA Engineer

Senior Software QA Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

Pros1. The technology that we work on is awesome. You get to learn a lot and the team is very hard working and always on their toes.
2. Free lunch everyday and breakfast on some days of the week.
3. Release parties, hackathon and lot of fun activities.

Cons1. The on-boarding process can be improved.

Advice to Senior Management1. WFH on one day of the week should be introduced.

As Advertised

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

ProsExciting times at a growth company. Cutting edge technology which is extremelly relevent for the times. Great people to work with, and new talent always coming in. Nice perks like free catered lunch, many free snacks and drinks, and fun breakrooms. A new building is opening up that will have one large new cafe to host all employees. Pay is very competitive, with nice benefits. A configured laptop as given to me day 1. Nice job.

ConsGrowth mode means little space and rooms available, but a new building is about to open up at the end of the month. Currently no match on 401k, but that is in the plans. Good core systems, but some auxilary systems and support need to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up to employees and communicate plans, vision, strategy. Direct managers meet with your team, and on occasion with your employees individually.

great experience so far!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

Prosfree lunch and snacks, friendly, helpful, and smart colleagues, nice working environment. I love working here!

Consno 401k match, no bonus, lunch is a bit too creamy, has too much cheese

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what they are doing

Awesome Company, Great Atmosphere

Hardware Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

ProsFast paced, exposed to many different areas. Get to have more influence on projects than you would at any other company in the same industry.

ConsSometimes difficult to balance work with social, but that's really up to your own devices.

Fast-Growing Company with Lots of Perks

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

ProsFree lunches, free bagels on Wednesdays, free fruit on Mondays, lots of celebrations. People are mostly easy to work with; they are willing to answer questions and attend meetings. It's a joy to be part of a growing company that is hiring.

ConsOpen office environment is noisy and full of distractions.

Great Company, Great Leadership Team

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

ProsI enjoy the fast paced environment, love the focus on securing our customers, love the collaborative cross functional culture. Everyone is willing to jump in and help out. The opportunity to get involved and make a difference is really exciting.

ConsToo much food! Benefits could be a bit better. Employees need to continue to improve how to work globally so that remote teams feels super engaged.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the strong communication and focus on Company goals.

Company with great potential and very talented team.

Revenue Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

ProsToo many to mention...
Company values. Talent that is concentrated here. Benefits. Free lunch. Company growth.

ConsWork space. Due to massive expansion work space has taken a hit. Sitting a very small cube that is meant for 1 person, but we are sharing. Hopefully additional buildings will open soon.
Time off. When you start you only get 2 weeks (+1 day per year of service - capped). Would like it to be 3 weeks at least.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on delivering on your vision - has worked great so far. Honored to be part of this company/team and helping you deliver on your vision.

Explosive growth in a short period of time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Milpitas, CA

I worked at FireEye full-time for more than a year

ProsIt grew something like 400% in a year. The technology is sought after by big enterprises and they are expanding internationally in great speed. Smart people are more down to earth than in other places. Top management is experienced and know what they are doing..

ConsGrowing pains--loong hours (expected), high pressure to perform at any cost, some poor managers depending on the group. They were made managers just by the virtue of being in the company for a long time. Processes are not well defined and communication between groups can improve.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for FireEye? Contribute to the Community!

FireEye Videos

FireEye – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​​Join one of the fastest growing companies in high technology. FireEye is transforming the IT security landscape to combat the next generation of cyber-attacks. Ranked #4 on the Deloitte 2012 Technology Fast… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FireEye reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FireEye CEO David DeWalt. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by FireEye employees.