FireEye Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
4.6

FireEye Chairman of the Board and CEO David DeWalt
David DeWalt

Pros
  • Free lunch is provided every day with snacks and drinks free all the time (in 11 reviews)

• Cutting edge technology and techniques in play (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and high work output are expected of you (in 4 reviews)

• Growing pains--loong hours (expected), high pressure to perform at any cost, some poor managers depending on the group (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

High Level Review

Current Employee - Software Administrator  in  Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Software Administrator in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

Pros

Young enough company to make an impact with your immediate team and on related processes. Peers are fun and real. Flexible work schedules to accommodate Global Support. Free snacks/lunch to compensate for the long hours.

Cons

Immediate management does not keep their teams involved with changes which impact ICs. Software request purchases to enhance process and improvement are not taken seriously and selection is based on if the vendor is or will be a customer. This equates to poor choices and fragmented systems which can frustrate further. Management loves their offices and rarely mix with employees.

Management, listen to your teams; they are in touch with what is going with customers, partners and employees. Give your employees the tools to

FireEye Response

Sep 16, 2014Talent Acquisition Representative

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment on our Glassdoor page. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying working with your peers. Remember to participate in our Employee Referral program and tell all of ... More

Good team members, fast pace environment, but employee trust damaged by upper management early stock selling decisions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team members within same group generally work well together.
    Fast sales growth add to the challenging and fast pace work environment.
    Young enough company to still implement new processes and ideas.

Cons

1. Much disconnect between departments to achieve major project goals.
    2. Seconday IPO offering two months before employees could sell, was not fair and could be considered insider trading. This has damaged employee loyalty and trust in the senior management plans. Most are anticipating another next stock selling plan which will benefit senior management instead of their employees.
    3. No 401K matching
    4. Benefits are average at best.

Improve benefits package and salaries to high performing employees, to retain valuable employees.
    No more upper management stock selling plans, i.e. "secondary offering". This has greatly damanged employees' trust and loyalty to the upper management team. Consider employee's personal and financial needs.

Great company

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Milpitas, CA

I worked at FireEye as an intern for less than a year

Pros

good working environment! Smart people, challenging projects

Cons

more social events, more meetings with managers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great technology and people!

I have been working at FireEye full-time

Pros

We are in the cyber security industry that has been showing sustained growth for over a decade. It trumps the spikes in growth of specific internet technologies and social media tech and cuts across laptops, desktops, mobile, and cloud. The bad guys keep evolving with new technologies and security companies have a constant need to innovate at a much faster pace than any other mission critical industry. With excellent people, and great technologies, FireEye is a great place to work.

Cons

It is hard work here but most employees can see what they are working towards. After all it is a fast growing startup and its fun.

Intern

I have been working at FireEye as an intern

Pros

Great culture, Great people, Small company, great learning curve , lot of opportunity, ... ...... ..

Cons

Organization changes may be one of the important issue . I cannot find any other major issue. I really like this company and hope to work here for some time

A company full of dumb people. No appreciation on productivity. A company with huge financial loss

Current Employee - Architect  in  Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Architect in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you only want to find a place to collect pay checks, this is the right place.

Cons

No career, be careful to be fired if you are super sharp

You have no idea how your middle managements operate.

Exciting company that treats employees very well

Current Employee - Product Management  in  Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Product Management in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The compensation is more than generous; the hours are flexible; the company atmosphere is motivated and fast-paced while also maintaining a laid back feel; the free food (snacks, lunch) is a big perk; and the employees are incredibly smart... For the internship program, they offer the option to provide intern-housing that is very convenient for out-of-towners, and the focus is on interns learning and contributing to the company, while also having a great experience and enjoying the bay area

Cons

The internship program is very new, so they are working on ironing out some kinks, but they definitely work hard to make sure the interns are happy.. Really don't have complaints

FireEye Response

Aug 25, 2014Talent Acquisition Representative

Hello, thank you for leaving a review on our Glassdoor page. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying the FireEye IGNITE intern program. We appreciate the feedback on our internship program, as ... More

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer  in  Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I worked at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunches. Technology pretty good. People are smart.

Cons

CEO front man devised second IPO to make billions. Employees can't sell high and get almost nothing. Stock was at $90 a share. Then 2/3 of value gone when CEO sold so many shares. No loyalty to the company at top.

Head of Engineering thinks you expendable. Hours very long. No recognition for contributions. No work and life balance. Make up processes as they are going.

They spend $ like in a sink down the drain and not enough customers. Sales cycle way too long. Not making $ fast enough to keep up with spending. POVs give product to customers for months for free. Many don't buy because the PoV shows them this exposure.

Office in Milpitas. Terrible commute. It stinks in Milpitas.

More recognition. Better work and life balance. Share wealth with employees.

leader in space

Current Employee - Director - Fireeye Labs  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Director - Fireeye Labs in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

leadership position with technology in the advanced threat identification space
    solid growth focused technology company

Cons

evolving processes, internal structure and growth.

be the tie breaker with disputes.

Excited on my career journey

I have been working at FireEye

Pros

Great company to work for. Wonderful environment to have a high speed growth

Cons

more training on cutting edge technologies would be good to catchup the pace

Worked for FireEye? Contribute to the Community!