FireEye Reviews

111 reviews filtered by
4.1
FireEye Chairman of the Board and CEO David DeWalt
David DeWalt

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday and breakfast on some days of the week (in 13 reviews)

• Good stable cutting edge technology to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Stocks low, no 401k matching, money is tight (in 5 reviews)

• Long hours and high work output are expected of you (in 4 reviews)

Love it here

I have been working at FireEye

Pros

Explosive growth over a short period of time, the ability to make a difference

Cons

Long hours, alot of cycles to get something done

2. Excellent company

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Milpitas, CA

I worked at FireEye full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Very collaborative and supportive environment where the best idea in the room wins.

Cons

Upper management is a little clueless. Company has a very bad tendency to overspend.

The most honest review you’ll get of working at FireEye

I have been working at FireEye

Pros

The snacks, drinks, weekly bagel, and fruit are a great benefit. BUT NOT THE LUNCH.

Cons

First of all let me start off by saying this is a complete unbiased opinion. I’ve worked here for 2 years and I’m completely shocked at the incompetent people that work here. Keep in mind, several folks have been here very long and by being at the right place at the right time, they’ve been promoted to managers. Several of these people have no business being a manager and/or director. The scene within engineering is chaotic. No vision, no real direction and dictatorship.

In addition, SEVERAL of the positive reviews here on glassdoor are fake. How? HR gives away swag to whomever leaves a review. Naturally, everyone leaves a positive review for the free swag.

Free lunch? The free food at FireEye is ATROCIOUS. When I started - the line used to be out the door. Since then, there’s no line and plenty of leftovers. It is literally the worst food I’ve come across and more than half the company now brings their lunch. THE LUNCH IS NOT A PERK.

There is also no career growth here. If you weren’t here before the IPO, you’re not in the IN club. You’re treated differently and chances of moving up are slim to none.

Bottom line, FireEye is a wanna-be cool company. They are trying to be cool, but they are FAR from it. Idiotic projects, no vision & did I mention inedible lunch?

If I were you, I’d stay away at all costs. And btw, I've been a director here for the past 2 years.

5. Good technology company that grew too fast.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I worked at FireEye full-time

Pros

The mature technology and services are excellent.
    Excellent peers who care about what they are doing.
    Generous salary and compensations.
    Good (C-level) executive team.

Cons

VPs who seems to care more about internal politics than doing what's right for the company.
    Groups are not coordinated and there are a lot of activities that are duplicated across various groups.
    Newer products are not quite ready for prime time, regardless of what management claims externally.

Focus on building great products and market execution, not just sound bites for the market. Also consider what type of organization you are trying to build. The brute force scaling results in a lot of individual hires and factionalism (i.e. McAfee team, Cisco team, EMC team) at the expense of executing as a team.

6. Good Company, little disorganized

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye

Pros

great office culture, good time-off policies. Decent stock options.

Cons

Disorganized. Its improving everyday. New policies and processes are introduced frequently. Promotions and salary increments are sparse.

Awesome Benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working here for the last 2.5 years and the benefits are a lifesaver. Saving money and providing the best benefits that I know of. The employees overall are all great and we are one big team. There is a lot of team building and social events here. The newsletters are great to receive on a daily basis with knowing what is going on. The executive are the best and the brightest I met. The work life basis is great especially for those who have family and to allow us to VPN from home.

Cons

Moving up in your career is not as fast as you would think it should be. There is no training for regular employees but there is training for Sales and Customer Support.

The salary range and stock range is not same across the board for employees. Some employees will get more in stock and salary even if they are the same level as others which can cause conflicting issues. Bonus are not for all employees only certain level and above

Add training, bonuses for all employees across the board to be fair and not just managers and above. Individual contributors should receive bonuses as well even if you have to reduce the executive bonuses.

Awesome technology, incompetent management

Former Employee - Sales Engineer
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer

I worked at FireEye full-time

Pros

Good work/life balance. Nice perks such as lunch (if you're at HQ), free snacks and drinks, awesome technology

Cons

Incompetent management, no one seems to know what is going on or what direction the company is going in. Grew too big too fast, acquisitions are not being absorbed very well, lots of tension between Mandiant and FireEye employees, lack of culture - one of the tech companies that mistakes perks for culture, CEO seems to only care about himself and his cronies lining their pockets, fear of layoffs and acquisition, unfair compensation packages with no rhyme or reason for discrepancies (nor do they seem to care). Honestly very disappointed, I had hoped this place would be somewhere I could land and work a long time. Unfortunately I had to get out because of the uneasy feeling, bad employee morale, negative thoughts about senior management and executives being out of touch.

Listen to your employees, treat them like you actually care, address their concerns, get a new CEO

FireEye Response

Mar 5, 2015Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for posting on our Glassdoor page. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the work/life balance, perks, and awesome technology while you were here at FireEye. However, we are saddened that ... More

9. Awesome

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye

Pros

I can learn a lot.

Cons

Can handle different security issues everyday

10. Pursuing challenging, rewarding and self-fulfilling career

Current Employee - Program Manager in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time (more than a year)

Pros

FireEye has lot to offer. Best of the best technology to work on if you are a technologist. Always in the news by responding to breaches or finding Zero Day attacks. Good perks like free lunches, great medical plans, team gatherings and best team to work with.

Cons

Growth pains. Work is at times demanding as we are firing up all cylinders. It will be good to have 401K match to intice more retirement savings.

Keep us driving....

Not what it used to be

Current Employee - Security Research in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Security Research in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye

Pros

The pros *used* to be the technology, research and tremendous insight in to global attacks.

Cons

Post IPO and Mandiant acquisition innovation is dead. Introduction of middle managers has introduced territorial power grabs and the organization overall has moved to a KPI metric approach. Everything and everyone is just a number to upper management. There is more focus on outside perception of the company which has led management to come up with vast product line without the supported investment in research. Needless to say most of the products are not mature enough albeit the core products.

Research is dredged by politics from mcafee style management and has moved to a traditional reactive AV approach instead of focussing on the long game.

The mass exodus of talent speaks for itself. Wake up, invest in long term innovation and lets go back to being passionate about solving open problems in security.

FireEye Response

Mar 5, 2015Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you felt that people were treated as just a number here. We truly value our employees and recognize that we could not be where we are without ... More