FireFold.com Reviews

3.7

Christopher Grouse

Good Job.. I'll miss it

I worked at FireFold.com

Pros

I really liked working here! I got great pay, benefits, and the work environment was great. I'm moving and need to find a different job, so that's why I had to leave the company. I'm leaving this review, to say goodbye to the company in a positive way that will benefit them.

Cons

None. I will miss this place. But at leave I will leave with good memories of having fun and working with my coworkers.

Good job.

It was Okay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

I worked at FireFold.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Was with the company off and on for a long time. Had a lot of great coworkers that became friends, relaxed environment, easy to talk to management when I needed something

Cons

there was definitely favoritism, which is probably why half the employees will say it was a good job, and half will say it's a terrible place to work. Some people were definitely underpaid for their jobs and skill levels. Sometimes management was young and inexperienced.

treat all employees equal and pay them what they deserve. That's the only way to build a team of a company that wants to stick around and see the company excel. You can't pay someone like an intern and expect professional work.

Solid Place to Work

I have been working at FireFold.com

Pros

Benefits are good. Environment is relaxed. Opportunity to advance is there if you want it.

Cons

Negative and lazy co-workers tend to dampen the work environment.

Better follow through is needed with decisions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of work for little pay

I have been working at FireFold.com

Pros

If you want to be kept busy it is a good place to go

Cons

Very little advancement, low pay

might want to rethink pay scale

FireFold.com Response

Sep 4, 2013Controller

Individual meetings are held quarterly and our employees are given the opportunity to voice any and all concerns. If pay is an issue, it would have been addressed, if it was brought to our attention.

FireFold is a great place

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Concord, NC

I worked at FireFold.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was always treaated as equal. When i was a csr I was promoted out into the web department. while i was there they had an employee that would fall asleep at his desk and surf the internet for personal reasons. all the same time he complained about that the company didnt pay him enough money and couldnt believe that there were only deadends at the job. Granted he complained that he was written up for sleeping and internet usage and always told people he was too busy to do anything more. FINALLY the day came and he was no longer working at FireFold. During that time I saw 2 people promoted, 1 out of the warehouse and 1 in the computer department. Both those people were always working hard and showing positive attitudes.

I guess what i am trying to say is if you are a hard worker and do what they ask, the oppurtunities are endless!

Cons

the warehouse moved about 10 minutes from the old place and increased my drive time. I don;t have a problem with it but the only con I can see with gas pricies being so high.

Dont worry about the ex employees posting here. All of you are great leaders and I appreciate every oppurtunity I have been given

Motivated people will go far with FireFold. If you don't want responsibility, this may not be your ideal career.

Current Employee - Web Design  in  Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Web Design in Concord, NC

I have been working at FireFold.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

[Take note of what I like to call"The Yelp Effect", where only the extremes (very disappointed vs. very delighted) will post to ratings sites like this, and this can eclipse balance, while ignoring middle ground and simply content ratings.]

I get to have toys and posters all around my desk. While I work, I listen to music and podcasts. Every day is completely different, as some days I'm a writer, programmer, designer, or a social media dude, or all. During lunch, I get an hour of reddit, video games, and coffee! Hell, sometimes lunch is free, thanks to FireFold. Thousands of people see my work, and that's kind of cool that so many get to use what I make, which is bits and pieces of FireFold.com and all kinds of aspects of user experience.

I've learned more at this job than any other, mostly because of hours of practice at skills I've hoped to hone in on, greater responsibility, and also because of awesome problems I get to solve all the time. Because I've seen it all (kinda), my experience and self-value has increased substantially, and that alone is priceless. While some of these negative comments have talked about losing their jobs, I've never understood how one could let themselves lose a job here. I've seen raises without even asking, while some haven't been able to keep a simple job. Should my day come where I can't keep a job here, I would know it's purely my fault, and would take it as a time to learn from my own mistakes, and reflect on why I would have allowed myself to become inferior, rather than post negative, vague comments here online. Most importantly, I don't care much about money. While I've been employed here, I've actively turned down far higher paying job offers that other people would kill for. I just remembered, I don't even need a job; I could be self employed again, no prob. Those jobs would simply bore me to death, however. All I care about is being happy, and that's it. FireFold makes me happy.

Disclaimer - I've been thinking about writing one of these reviews for a while, and I've chosen this timing as an obvious reaction to recent negative reviews, to at least give a point of view of someone who enjoys being here. I've Intentionally shared things that would make who I am very obvious, except for the fact that I left out that I have a Legend of Zelda sticker on my window, and Rainbow Dash on my telephone. Anonymity is for the weak/predictable.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I can't wear tshirts on Friday anymore, since a recent dress code kind of change, but it's close to Winter now, so I won't mind again until next Spring. I might even forget by then. If/when I'm in a situation where I can employ my own employees, I'll have a dresscode where employees have to wear video game/8-bit clothing. That'd be so cool.

We were just notified of a Halloween costume contest, and there's no way my Minecraft creeper costume will win, with such short notice. I've already heard tell of a witch, Adventure Time, and Joker costumes as competition.

It'd be cool if each department or employee could have a super small budget each month, specifically intended for art/plants/toys for their desks and office. That would increase happiness, and in theory, increase positive productivity in so many ways.

We could live in the "real world", or we could live in the Awesome World!

$20 an employee for cool wall art and desk plants each month? I know it sounds crazy, but that'd be the best idea in the history of ever. It may seem like a joke, but really, that would be game-changingly awesome.

Opportunities are endless

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

I have been working at FireFold.com

Pros

FireFold is a great place to work and move up, or even move laterally. The owners aim to get everyone into the position where they are happiest and can grow the most. Because of that, they have some star employees who contribute significantly to the success of the company. The only people who don't excel are those with blatant disregard for company policies and those who have no desire to prove their worth. Even then, they are usually given more chances to shape up than any other company I have ever seen. Benefits are great, especially considering most employers are cutting benefits in this economy. FireFold continues to increase benefits and take care of the staff. FireFold is the first job I have ever been able to say I actually like and don't mind coming to work. I know that's a rarity for most people.

Cons

Dress code is a little strict. Went from jeans and sneakers to business casual.

Fine as a stepping stone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

I worked at FireFold.com

Pros

Atmosphere was entertaining. Not a stuffy environment in the least. They will let anyone try any job so if you're young and want to attempt to be an HR Manager, this is the place for you.

Cons

Senior management leaves a lot to be desired. They will let anyone try any job no matter whether they are qualified for it or not.

Less micro-managing would be a great start. This isn't google.com. Someone can be trusted to be given a task and complete it without constant over supervision.

Worked for FireFold.com? Contribute to the Community!