FireHost

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris Drake

A company that believes in having happy employees translates into happy customers.

Service Delivery Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at FireHost full-time for less than a year

ProsNever before have I worked for a company that actually takes the time daily to ensure that their employees are happy to do their job. From my first contact for the initial interview, they let me know that they take pride in hiring the right people for the job. At the interview they let me know that while I did not fit the needs for the job I had interviewed for, that they had another position that I was perfect for. Three months later, I have been reminded of just how true that statement was.

The 'open door policy' is actually true of every manager that I have spoken to.
HR and Development are both willing to listen to suggestions no matter how small the request if it helps them make the environment better or the job run smoother.

From the daily catered lunches to once a month masseuses, the CEO knows what it takes to minimize the stress levels and accentuate the environment so that he and the customers get the best out of the employees.

ConsI have not run into any major Cons to the job and don't anticipate that I will.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the needed support structure in place as this company has only incredible growth in it's future.

Amazing company that went down the toilet quick....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Richardson, TX

I worked at FireHost full-time for less than a year

ProsSolid technologies, great solutions for customers, excellent business strategy

ConsManagement has an inner circle of staff that are kept close and dear. The best way of comparing this is think back to High School and remember how school had a small group of cool kids and then you had the rest. Long time FireHost employees are VERY happy there but there is a constant flow of 6 months rotating staff. Long time employees are personally celebrated individuals (for example, selective birthday recognitions, employee mentions, etc.). Everyone else is not. Stock Options only exist for staff that has been there, new employees do not get a single share.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff needs to be recognized for their achievements and not based on their tenure status. Growth within the organization is very limited. Internal employee advanced and training to move to management levels are completely ignored.

Not just another employee but a Hero!

Richardson, TX

I have been working at FireHost full-time for more than a year

ProsAs an employee of FireHost you never feel like another face in the crowd but a valued and appreciated member of a team. The company goes above and beyond to ensure that its employees know how valuable they and the work they do is to the success of the company. Rewards such as free lunches, chair massages and company gatherings are just the tip of the icing when it comes to working at FireHost.

ConsBeing appreciated by your employer, respected by your co-workers, engaged by your managers and excited to spend each day in the office leaves little to feel negative about!

Very good company

I have been working at FireHost full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat at sharing ideas and teamwork

ConsServe big lunches that are too much to handle sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy more people!

Worked for FireHost? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FireHost reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FireHost CEO Chris Drake. All reviews posted anonymously by FireHost employees.