Firecrest Clinical

Firecrest Clinical Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

What you thought was unattainable is possible with Firecrest!

Portal Administrator (Current Employee)
    Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

ProsThat idyllic work environment we all seek - working with vibrant, enthusiastic, friendly people actually exists here. To enjoy coming in to work every day has been an eye opener for me in the two years I have worked in Firecrest.

The unspoken rule is work hard, play hard. Hard work is rewarded and internal promotion is actively encouraged. The work is fast paced but there is always support from your team and manager, creating a very positive atmosphere.

Additionally, to balance the fast pace, a healthy lifestyle is encouraged, with subsidised personal training sessions available during working hours. This has made a huge difference to me personally and something I have never seen promoted by a company before.

Two years ago, I thought I was joining a large company yet it has doubled in size since then and continues to grow. However, the friendly, positive dynamic has never wavered.

The staff and management have made this company a fantastic place to work and I'm very happy to be a part of it.

ConsThere are no cons working in Firecrest.

Best Company to work for

IT Manager (Current Employee)
    Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

ProsVery positive atmosphere. There are so many opportunities within the company to excel...

ConsThere are no Cons for working in this company..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep maintaining what you do as a excellent management team...

Happy to be working at Firecrest.

3D Designer (Current Employee)
    Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

ProsVery nice and professional environment, interesting job and projects. I feel very well treated. The people at Firecrest are very nice.

ConsI don't hava any complaint

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding, interesting, and fun place to work. Lots of opportunities.

Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

ProsIt's a very fun place to work, with a young and vibrant staff. A very eclectic mix of people, so there's never a dull moment. The work is very faced paced, but it is very interesting and never gets boring or repetitive. The ethos of the company is great, innovation and new ideas are encouraged and rewarded, as is commitment and dedication. The company places a heavy emphasis on employee health and fitness, running a fitness program that offers subsidized personal fitness training during working hours. The company is growing rapidly, there are lots of opportunities for career advancement, and internal advancement is both encouraged and supported.

ConsNot a con per say, but you do need to be able to maintain a faced work pace, and adapt well to ongoing and regular change.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the new senior management team, Firecrest's best assets are its people, and its environment and ethos, try not to change it too much!

Fantastic company to work for. Great energy and atmosphere. A great dynamic where talents are truly rewarded.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

ProsI have learned so much working in Firecrest. The people who work there are very warm, talented people who always work together to deliver a great work environment and a fantastic product that is so interesting to be involved in. I have never worked anywhere like Firecrest, I enjoy going to work, no day is the same as the last it's great to be part of such a fun but hard working company.

ConsThe work can be very challenging bus to be honest I don't find this a con as it's very rewarding.

Excellent place to work

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

Pros- This company has gone through massive growth since my arrival in 2012 and growth is still happening 2.5 years later. It has been fantastic to be part of this transformation.
    - I arrived in 2012 not really knowing what to expect and not knowing how long I would stay. The people are friendly and enthusiastic and always ready to listen to and implement ideas.
    - The nature of growth has meant massive learning and professional growth opportunities.

ConsThis is a fast paced and demanding environment. Firecrest is a company for those that thrive on a challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture in Firecrest is integral to its continued success. It is very important to maintain this at all costs.

Getting the Balance Right

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFirecrest is a quirky and fun place to work. The people that work there are some of the most amazing ive met. And its the people that make it what it is. there is an eclectic mix of people from all walks of life but together and with the company they create a dynamic that is unlike anywhere else ive worked. the company promotes healthy living and are fitness fanatics. from trying to break some quirky Guinness world record to availing of the company's personal trainer (where you are allowed to workout during work hours) to the busy hectic workload thats put in front of you, you wont know whether to laugh or smile. but none of its a joke so you roll with it. its work hard play hard.
    there is a huge opportunity to learn a lot

Consyou work really hard and sometimes it can be mayhem. timelines are ridiculous and management may put the customer first and the employee second. the ladder hasnt room for everyone.

Avoid the hassel and location

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

ProsSome of my co-workers were great, intelligent people whom enjoy working and playing hard.
    There were two great senior managers whom got things done, but they left

ConsIt is sad when all you can think about your time with a company was the shared suffering you and your peers went through. Its easy to be bitter about spending time there, however thats not as easy about listing the facts.
    1. Underpaid for the time your commit
    2. Begrudging of any investment made in IT services (for an internet based company this is weird)
    3. A senior technical manager has a dictatorial style. I had to stand up to them as its not my nature to be submissive. However there are many people under them that feel oppressed
    4. A lot of the really good tallent has departed for better places. This leaves a massive knowledge gap with the remain people serving their time or awaiting a pension.
    5. In my experience, decisions were made and changed and made again and changed and made.... you get the drift.
    6. The internal jockey for power between most of senior management left staff confused and destroyed team relationships
    7. A lot of lip service paid to team building, but its largely cosmetic and no real action comes of it
    8. Innovation, yes that buzz word is bandied about like toys at a kids birthday party. For real innovation to work, you must reward and support the innovators and not make their working life more difficult.
    9. The Killed the Messenger!

All in all, if you are stuck for a job as I was, and have a strong personality, you could hack it for a year or two, but by all means keep learning your trade with whatever time you get, as if you left there without doing anything you will be considered to have down skilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to really put weight behind people whom drive internal innovation. Stop the power plays between senior managers. Split teams up around the building to encourage team feel across the board. Get rid of the massive pile of dead, crazy and unstable wood sitting in IT

A job more than a part of any career.

(Former Employee)
    Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

ProsCo-workers were great to be around, and as a small company communication was easy. Most directors for example, were approachable and interested in getting things done. The board was relatively open and regularly communicated the status of the company, and were not limited to reporting only the good things.

ConsAs with all niche companies resources were limited, which affected the scope for growth within any field. This made day-to-day life more repetitive than interesting. Management attitudes and style were of the sort not seen in larger concerns. The pay was lower than at other, similarly-sized companies.

Worked for Firecrest Clinical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Firecrest Clinical reviews and ratings. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Firecrest Clinical employees.