Firehouse Subs

www.firehousesubs.com

Firehouse Subs Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Firehouse Subs – US – “our team at work , we all get along like family”

Don Fox

Pros
  • Vert friendly staff, manager was nice, food is great, loved my job and i would recommend it to anyone(in 7 reviews)

• It doesn't take long to get used to everything bcus it's really easy to learn all the stuff(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any minimum wage job, the work can get very monotonous(in 8 reviews)

• I have been a shift leader for two years, has been employed for four years(in 7 reviews)

Great place to work

Cashier (Current Employee) Trussville, AL

ProsFun to work here, lots of hours, and great for first job. There are lots of friendly customers that come in (always a bad nut every now and then) but the rest usually have smiling faces. Weekdays are never too busy but saturday and sunday are another story. Not too difficult work.

ConsNo benefits, little to no raises, and can be overwhelming when busy sometimes, lot of work for not a lot of pay out. If you are looking for a job that you can move up quickly this isn't the best place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your workers are really working and not cutting corners.

Great job, but a lot of drama

ProsThe co workers are nice, management cares, good food, a lot of communication with customers

ConsManagers pick favorites, a lot of drama goes on, not a lot of hours

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee benefits would be nice

Bad Experience from day 1

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Harrisonburg, VA

ProsFree or discounted food, easy job, great customers

ConsPoor management, little compensation to reflect work

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck your franchisee's stores more often

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible place to work

Crew (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

Pros50 % off meals during shift

ConsNot enough hours and poor management skills the manger sounds so unprofessional and highly expects you to be perfect no mistakes . The other co workers did not make me feel welcomed , & called in ONCE and it was not a good thing to do apparently even with the given notice .

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to introduce the new team member to the crew & show them how to do things around the RESTRAUNT YOU CAN'T EXPECT A NEW EMPLOYEE TO KNOW EVERYTHING IN ONE DAY .

Good customer service and team expreience

Shift Leader (Former Employee)

ProsDeveloped customer service experience and patience

ConsPoor management and ownership styles. Food service is always shaky.

Poor Communication with GM

Local Store Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsHigh quality food, great choices, good team spirit and community involvement, good company outlook and morals. Love and support Firehouse as a company, just poor experience with upper management Freedom in schedule making.

ConsVery poor communication with GM, acted busy but never seem to get anything done. Trickled down work load meant for GM, to manager, over working and underpaying manager. Didn't take my job seriously, making it look unprofessional as a company, although the rest of the company isn't like that. Lack of benefits for managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistent reviews from current management teams, ensuring satisfaction from all facets- not just blind to lower level managers due to smokescreen of lazy senior managers.

A long ride and a great experience.

General Manager (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsIt's an active friendly atmosphere with excellent fresh food and high standards all around. The corporate side seems to genuinely care about people.

ConsThese are expensive to run so pay is often lower than competition. Hours can be long for management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new menu is cumbersome and bogs down quality service.

Very disorganized; very poor communication

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe shifts are short; Good for students

ConsVery low pay scale; management doesn't care; Don't expect any raises; No training in place

Easy job not much opportunities.

Staff Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsFlexible hours, team environment, interaction with customers, helpful training

ConsNot much opportunities to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees motivated and excited to come to work.

Easy work, nice hours, some drama

Meat Slicer (Current Employee) Conyers, GA

ProsWorks around your life, if you need a day off for whatever reason, you get it. Co-workers are friendly, easy to get a long with. If you like working with the public, this is the place for you.

ConsThere is a lot of drama there, sometimes the owner doesn't know what's going on, only minimum wage pay

Worked for Firehouse Subs? Contribute to the Community!