Firehouse Subs

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
3.3

Don Fox

Pros
  • Vert friendly staff, manager was nice, food is great, loved my job and i would recommend it to anyone (in 7 reviews)

• It doesn't take long to get used to everything bcus it's really easy to learn all the stuff (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any minimum wage job, the work can get very monotonous (in 8 reviews)

• I have been a shift leader for two years, has been employed for four years (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall good place for students to work

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Midvale, UT

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great workplace diversity, good sandwiches. Everything is streamlined and very clean/in order always. They give back to the community which is their most notable feature.

Cons

Strict management with stiff upper lips made this by-the-books workplace less personable. Only two employees got raises after several months of hard work.

great place to work

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time for more than a year

Pros

50% off discount

friendly coworkers

good management

Cons

no benefits
    long hours
    short breaks
    sometimes difficult costumers

Have to be really into customer service

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time for less than a year

Pros

The subs were really good

Cons

When you get slammed it can get crazy and stressful

My manager at the time was awful

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing Experience

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice co-workers, good first job and work environment.

Cons

Unprofessional and bad management, no benefits, minimum wage pay

Management needs work on managing schedules and informing employees of schedule changes. They hired way too many people and overestimated that business would do well. Hours aren't as flexible since management overstaffed their restaurant, leaving some workers with no hours and work. They also expected employees to be on par with In-N-Out and Chick-Fil-A despite offering no benefits and minimum wage.

Misleading

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule, management usually worked with me when I'd have sudden days I needed to be off. Free drinks while working. Praised/bragged on as a great worker on cash register.

Cons

The job was great... For the first two months. It was my first real part time job. I got in because I knew someone else that worked at another store regionally. I was best in our store and in our region at raising money for the public safety foundation and had the highest upsell numbers. Manager would always brag on me and tell me how great of a job I was doing and everything. Then after about two months... Several people had been promoted and given raises. I was promised a raise at the interview if I could prove I was worthy. Never got a raise, never got promoted. Then we had someone new come in and get promoted within three weeks. And I was still making base pay. Boss ended up being moody and a jerk to employees whenever he was in a bad mood. Several people started leaving. I was trying to avoid fast food when I went searching for jobs and was actually about to shred my application when my friend told me she'd pulled strings and I was in already without having to apply. Only took the job because I was desperate and down to $14. Hated the uniform too and kept waiting for promotion because then I wouldn't have to wear the ugly hat that bothered my head so much. Even though it's not your stereotypical fast food restaurant, there's still a lot of oils and grease in the air that can settle on your face and help contribute to breakouts and acne flares. Not good if you're a 16 or 17 year old kid with problems already! Hated the smell I had on me everyday after work and it also spread to my car. My car smelled like a sub for weeks after I finally quit. It just got really negative and was no longer worth the pay I was getting, which was mostly sent to my gasoline fund that I only used to get to work. So it became a viscous cycle. Make money, buy gas to go to work to make money to buy gas to go to work and so on. I really had a miserable experience and there was already a lot of emotional issues I started having at the time. I loved the day I quit. :)

Don't promise raises and then fail to go through with them. And treat your employees with more respect. Or else the ones you really need will leave and your store will look bad because you lose the numbers they were bringing in and then you end up trying to make those numbers back on your own.

Good Company

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Clermont, FL
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Clermont, FL

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good job out of High School just to make some cash. But other than that, extremely repetitive and if you don't work will with your co-workers, you will not enjoy your job.

Cons

Very difficult to receive full time hours with the other crew members and shift managers. Will usually take awhile to work your way up the stores ladder.

manager

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Firehouse Subs full-time for more than a year

Pros

great company customers love the product

Cons

long hours no benefits but good company

My experience was PHENOMENAL! !

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Macclenny, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Macclenny, FL

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility.! Everything was super flexible. I really enjoyed the fact that I was able to be trained on EVERY aspect of the store rather than to just be limited. Also, there are plenty of opportunities for advancement .

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a single con for working for this company. I mean sure, I had to deal with rude customers from time to time , but who doesn't?

Management , keep doing your thing ! Special shout out to Christopher True & Steven Beckom from the Macclenny, Fl store. You guys got it right.

Dead end job

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Firehouse Subs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Minimum wage job that offers no benefits

Cons

worry constantly that the store will close as its always so slow

Not that great.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Firehouse Subs part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, enjoyable coworkers, very easy job

Cons

unprofessional surroundings, work not taken seriously by coworkers, bad pay.

Hire better workers, give more raises.

Worked for Firehouse Subs? Contribute to the Community!