Firehouse Subs Reviews

Reset

1. cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in El Paso, TX

I worked at Firehouse Subs (Less than a year)

Pros

simple/easy tasks fun and helpful employees employees get a 50% discount

Cons

poor management, unfair to the employees and expected doing things fast rather than efficient, such as cleaning tables and maintaining the lobby.

2. Owner/Operator

Current Employee - Franchisee
    Current Employee - Franchisee

I have been working at Firehouse Subs (More than 3 years)

Pros

a company with great values

Cons

lack of communication & clarity

3. Great Company

I worked at Firehouse Subs (More than a year)

Pros

A great franchised company. Good product. Easy and fun work.

Cons

A business can be terrible if the owner chooses to run it badly.

5. consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Quincy, MA

I worked at Firehouse Subs (Less than a year)

Pros

franchisee atmosphere challenging support system

Cons

not enough corporate support and marketing

6. It was an alright experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Firehouse Subs (More than a year)

Pros

great for people in school learn good customer service skills

Cons

no way to move up in company not really a long term type of job

7. Not bad

Former Employee - Cashier in Hinesville, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Hinesville, GA

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun to work there Made a lot of long term friends working there Food was amazing! Flexibility

Cons

No room for advancement Wage is horrible for some and GREAT for others Favoritism, gossip, drama, and headaches Poor Management Management had their favorites Not a lot of hours

Advice to Management

I absolutely LOVED my job with Firehouse Subs. The people at first seemed to be amazing! We seemed to of clicked well from the beginning. Then family members and friends of employees began getting hired, and cliques begin forming. When I was an employee there, I called out 1 in the year I was there, was never late, covered shifts, reported to work for other employees, did extra stuff, rode a bike and walked to and from work regardless the weather. Several times Team Leader positions came open I would ask for the promotion and no once was I offered it. I felt they just laughed and me, and took advantage of me. Other employees would get the positions who weren't half as qualified nor had shown the dedication as I did. I ended up being let go because of a false statement put on yelp the review sight, from and ex employee of my husbands. Although Firehouse will still not admit to it, I was suddendly taken off the schedule. Which was odd, because I had put my notice in a month before that, because I had went to full time at my other job. My manager was so upset she begged me not to do it, she promised hours and times of my choice. Then I was just dropped off the schedule? Something dont sound right. Firehouse never responded back to me about the termination of my employment. I felt that I didn't get a fair chance at telling my side of the story, nor was I ever treated fairly because I wasn't apart of the clique. I worked hard and bent over backwards, for a place that used me as their door mat. Firehouse subs stands for something GREAT. It's a great company, but I seem to find the jr high and high school drama is at all of them! Management! YOU need to have your employees backs more, especially the ones who have shown their worth. Also you need to pay better, and provide advancement to the ones who deserve it, rather the ones who fit in!

8. Great food also

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

No free food . But you'll receive discount

Advice to Management

Expand more

Decent

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Firehouse Subs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They really believe in raising money for fire police and paramedics. And have raised a lot of money towards that. The job is simple and easy. It takes no time to learn.

Cons

It is a franchise. So I don't know if this is only my owner or not but the pay is not great. But not bad either.

Advice to Management

Appreciate all employees for what they do. One day they will leave you and you will realize what a gem they were.

10. Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and opportunity to advance to management.

Cons

Very poor salary and regular employees are not offered raises ever.

Advice to Management

Give employes more incentive to want to remain a firehouse employee.

You are an expendable

Former Employee - Team Member in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Team Member in High Point, NC

I worked at Firehouse Subs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the only good thing was 50% off a medium sub while on your shift. The food is great.

Cons

slack team member, felt like I was in a cult..we had meetings once a month telling us how we need to work hard and clean the cracks and crevices of the building when there is nothing else to do. They talked to us as if we planned on having this job for 10 years. Management was incompetent, and they feared the owners highly. Barely made any money because they would send you home very quickly if we had a slow hour (not thinking about how busy it would get in the next hour). They were extremely slow with customers food and extremely rude to customers. The team member had to pick up the slack of the managers and even with doing so the mangers to multiple hours to get thee work done during closing.

Advice to Management

lighten up sometimes it's just fast food. Be nice to your customers and stop talking about your staff behind their back like we are in high school. Pay more attention to making customer happy.

RSS Feed </> Embed