Fireman hospitality group

CEO

Ever changing environment

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Fireman hospitality group part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The restaurants owned by Fireman hospitality group are great. They are pretty unique and the food is delicious. You will have no problem selling the product. They are generous with the customers, giving away free goodies, so the servers benefit a lot. I made more money as a server at their restaurants than I have at any other restaurant I have worked at. They train you thoroughly too. No matter how much experience you have had in the restaurant industry they make sure that you can do things their way. That being said I feel like I learned a lot.

Cons

The owner scares me. The good thing is that he does not visit his restaurants too often. When he does all employees are on edge and everything must be perfect. He can be nice, he has just invested so much money into his restaurants he wants things to be very particular. Another thing that was a bother is that things change a lot. For example the management will tell you to do food presentation one way and then the next week it completely changes. It is never anything too major, but the constant changes get a little bothersome.

Horrible management, no core values, illegal practices

I worked at Fireman hospitality group

Pros

No pros for employees. They are all treated like slaves and animals

Cons

Illegal hiring. Discrimination based on age, race, etc all discussed openly. Managers abuse power ie drink on the job. Corporate officials have full knowledge of happenings.

An toxic work environment.

Former Employee - Corporate Office Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate Office Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Fireman hospitality group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Above average [starting] salary base
    - Co-workers were/are hard-working and genuinely solid group
    - Each Friday, the CEO allows corporate employees a free lunch from [one of] firm's restaurants
    - Restaurants thrive as a result of highly visible/high-traffic real estate

Cons

- No clearly defined management structure/protocol
    - Extremely volatile, tense working environment
    - Profanity and anger outbursts common; acceptable
    - Highly inappropriate remarks made during meetings, be it sexually or demographically based
    - Degrading comments from upper management made regularly, without fear of punishment
    - Upper management strictly divided towards unequal treatment based on gender, age, physical appearance
    - Management within each restaurant is provided reviews; awarded bonuses whereas those working in corporate are not extended the same valuable feedback, etc

Gentlemen:
    If you cannot get out of your own way, at least learn the value of trusting others who have inexplicably made enormous sacrifices for you. More realistically, why bother with the salaries that come with the best-of-the-best? You. Don't. Listen. You will save ridiculous amounts of money by acknowledging your insecurities and be honest with the fact that your product is only to be controlled by dictatorship.

Decent money and work environment, higher level managers are arrogant. It's a decent place to work.

Current Employee - Server in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Server in New York, NY

I have been working at Fireman hospitality group

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, consistent money, good restaurant locations. It's a restaurant job and I work in a position with high turnover so it's understandable that they aren't very interested in developing servers within the company. I do feel that if I wanted to become a manager, I would have the opportunity to do so.

Cons

They aren't very flexible as far as decor, uniform, work culture. They prefer a very rigid, boring environment for their employees. It's not readily apparent that people of color are hired equally regularly.

Relax and associate with the servers better.