Fireman's Fund Insurance

Fireman's Fund Insurance Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Fireman's Fund Insurance President and CEO Andrew Torrance

Andrew Torrance

Pros
  • The work-life balance is openly discussed and promoted (in 14 reviews)

• Good benefits, used to have a strong sense of togetherness in our department (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Little work/life balance-expectation that you be available to CA timed meetings so work much more hours than paid for (in 15 reviews)

• company has changed senior management 7 times in 10 years (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Where I work

Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsProfessional and friendly environment. Good company culture.

ConsTheir are multiple problems which is causing the company to lose business. People only talk about fixing them, nothing ever changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough throwing money at something doesn't always work. Many of these problems will require significant capital investments to fix.

Great company

ProsExcellent campus, co-workers and challenging work.

ConsNovato isn't my favorite town

On the road to nowhere

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Novato, CA

ProsTelecommuniting, Heritage Program, some truly good human beings in the trenches, good 401k match

ConsNo upward mobility- constant middle and upper managment turnover with accompanying change of focus/direction. But hey all those folks who have worked here for 5 minutes know WAY more than the rest of the staff Health benefits poor post Affordable Care Act.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be an expert provider listen to the experts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Novato, CA

ProsNice campus with good workout facilities

ConsVery weak senior and middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people rather than outside consultants and stop changing your your long term strategy every few years.

Disaster NEVER WORK HERE. RUN!!! DO NOT WALK

Director (Former Employee) Novato, CA

ProsI have to tell you, there are absolutely no positive aspects of working for this company. They are dishonest. They will slander you after you leave. I am an honest hardworking person who has been a very successful executive in this industry for more than 2 Decades. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

ConsThey are dishonest. They slander their employees. They lie to the Department of Insurance. They lie to their clients. They lie to their employees. There is nothing redeeming about this organization whatsoever.

Advice to Senior Managementget some scruples. get some integrity. Stop slandering ex-employees. Stop lying.

Horrible working environment.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Novato, CA

ProsIt was a paycheck. Some benefits were the food court served descent food and the grounds were nice and quite large for walks. You also had a 37.5 hour work week compared to 40 plus.

ConsTerrible upper management who only looked out for themselves. Little to no room for advancement. Corporate infrastructure was old and not up to date. Typical large corporate environment. Upper management doesn't know or care who you are.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in upgrading corporate infrastructure. Focus on keeping productive and knowledgeable employees and rewarding them to minimize turnover.

Claims Adjuster

ProsThey offer a great vacation package,

ConsWorkload is heavy and management does not listen to the concerns of their employees.

May never turn a sustainable profit

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation & Benefits were very good

ConsThey built a malfunctioning submarine in their basement and they can't get it out!

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company

At the Fund

Senior Counsel (Former Employee) Novato, CA

ProsVery low key professional work place.

ConsAs a company FFIC runs hard to stand still.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider outsourcing senior management.

This company charges into things without seeing the long term consequences of their actions.

Claims (Current Employee)

ProsReasonable salary
    Good time off allowance

Consno advancement potentials
    unreasonably demanding insureds

Advice to Senior ManagementSuggest you consider the perspective of those in the line of fire before final decisions are made.

Worked for Fireman's Fund Insurance? Contribute to the Community!