Firman Community Services

Firman Community Services Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Marguerite Young

If you can work here, you can work anywhere

(Former Employee)

ProsCompensation is average to above-average compared to other non-profit agencies.
    Average to above-average benefits package.
    Many dedicated employees who try to support and encourage new staff.
    Days-off are granted during the holidays.
    Employees are encouraged to take advantage of professional development opportunities.

ConsPolicy changes, and other changes, are told to employees at last minute.
    Employees are often name-called by upper management, to their face and behind their back
    A lot of communication from upper management consists of yelling.
    Workers use profanity in the schools.
    High turnaround of middle-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe constant yelling, name-calling, threats and psychological tricks, such as asking an employee, "You are on your own. What are you going to do if you don't have this job," are not contributing to a healthy work environment.

Very nice at first then it turned into a nightmare

Specialist (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHaving a job after two years of looking

ConsYelling, late meetings with CEO, pay always late, unorganized company. CEOs way or no way, you will never be able to speak, rules change every day. Get calls to come to main office in 5mins or loose your job, no respect for worker or parents

Advice to Senior ManagementClosed down

Worst place to work

Family Worker (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHaving a job to go to

Consno sick time, no benefits, to much yelling going on, un organized, do not make mistakes, very high turnover, not payed at a resonable time, will suspend you at a drop of a dime, will tell your personal business to other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers with respect.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

How is Firman still in business?

Family Case Manager (Former Employee) Rolling Meadows, IL

ProsMy co-workers were wonderful people, and I enjoyed having their support.

ConsI was warned my first day by a co-worker that I should not have accepted a job here. On the company website, nowhere does it say where this organization receives its funding from (we were told by our supervisors and the CEO that the state of Illinois provides Firman with funding). No list of a board of directors anywhere. The website is kind of a joke. I just don't understand.

It is a completely chaotic and unorganized place. Printers and fax machines are always broken, and employees are not allowed to have their own telephones and computers, which makes doing work difficult. Gas mileage reimbursement and pay checks never arrived on time. We would sometimes have to wait until 8pm on Friday to receive them. The worst part were the supervisors and the CEO. They are very unprofessional and inappropriate and treat their employees with no respect. The dress code was extremely harsh and we had to call everyone (including coworkers) by Ms. or Mr. It was a very strange and horrible experience to work at this place, and everyone told me they were proud that I quit, after getting verbally assaulted by the CEO for no reason, in front of the entire company. It really was frightening.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not verbally and emotionally abuse your employees. There seems to be no checks and balances, and it is very scary and just does not make sense why something cannot be done about the way they treat employees.

Worked for Firman Community Services? Contribute to the Community!