First Advantage

Updated January 22, 2015
Updated January 22, 2015
2.2

Mark Parise

Pros
  • Great work/life balance, work from home is supported - even encouraged (in 10 reviews)

• Many resources work from home exclusively which is a huge benefit (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The primary objective of senior management is to make a quick buck and sell out to another unsuspecting investment group (in 8 reviews)

• The work/life balance was rarely respected - the needs of the company always won (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Must be very Self Motivated to work here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at First Advantage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am one of the rare ones here. I try to not complain and get my work done efficiently and with pride. The benefits are good and so is the PTO and you can work from home. So I am just glad to have a flexible job with benefits and because of that they will always get the most out of me.

Cons

There is No real team environment feeling with lack of communication at times. There is always uncertainty with integrations and offshoring. No real vision for the future conveyed to some departments. The Raises are not the best and upward mobility is tough...

Keep the Good people willing to learn, thrive and advance with company..

Review

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Advantage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from anywhere policy which nice

Cons

Disorganized, low salaries, most work offshored

Jan 22, 2015Director of Corporate Communications

Thank you for your input. We value honest feedback to help us continue to transform the industry and the company. Many thanks!

Quick Review

I have been working at First Advantage

Pros

Independent work. Pretty good pay. Friendly staff and supervisors. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Early dismissal a lot of times because of lack of work.

Jan 22, 2015Director of Corporate Communications

Thanks for your balanced review. We appreciate your taking the time. Many thanks!

Fast paced, disorganized

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst I in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst I in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Advantage

Pros

The management is really flexible and understanding. thers full health coverage for a decent price. There's plenty of PTO and opportunities for overtime. There is plenty of work.

Cons

There is a total lack of communication between departments. There's little communication between management and employees. Everything is totally disorganized. The on boarding process was ridiculously unorganized. It took months to get a computer. The only way to get someone to do their job is to copy their manager in on the email. When there's an issue, it can literally take weeks to fix.

More one on one experience with managers. More communication.

Jan 22, 2015Director of Corporate Communications

Your input is appreciated. We value honest feedback to help us continue to transform the industry and the company. Many thanks!

Just great

I have been working at First Advantage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a relatively young dynamic company going through SIGNIFICANT change with huge pressure on people to perform.

Cons

It's very challenging for those that don't like change.

Continue to focus and deliver

Jan 22, 2015Director of Corporate Communications

Thank you for your insightful input! We value you and your balanced input. Many thanks!

Are you serious?

I have been working at First Advantage

Pros

Even If you don't know what you are doing, you can run a team. Fortunate to have good team members, and have built some good relationships that help get things done. Christmas party was a pitch in until VP stepped in and comped some pasta.

Cons

OMG, let's see, no project scope, no details on how to process regulatory paperwork, no concern from executive leadership on how sloppy a company that protects PII and security can be. Clean room guard watches youtube instead of the camera, but worst of all is the disconnect between teams. Half of the company came from Lexis Nexis and is not happy about being acquired. Do not expect any help from anyone but your own team.

No clue where to start. Owner is a private equity firm that has no idea what the federal regulations are for background screening, does not bother to do anything to help in the smallest of ways. The most depressing place I have ever worked at. Oh, and when I started, they had just laid off a department and replaced them with temps.

Just a job not a career - Look elsewhere

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at First Advantage (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are costly but include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, paid holidays
    Free meals are always provided (PS this does not substitute for a raise)

Cons

Company's main goal is about making a profit to benefit the company and upper management, they don’t care about the employees, this merge is a disaster and the company continues to lose great workers for various reasons.
    Work-from-home is not allowed in our specific department and management has no valid reason why even though most other departments are doing it consistently.
    There is no room for advancement and employees may or may not get a raise at end of year after reviews are graded.
    Turnover is constant for both newly hired and long term employees, and there are no incentives.
    Employees are required to complete unreachable goals, morale is down and dropping, and since the merger with the office located in India business has slowed to a crawl leaving most employees wondering if their job is at risk since other departments were phased out and employees were laid off and/or fired with very little notice.

Treat employees with value and respect; Management only associates with other managers or people at the top and ignores staff and is always hunting for new ways to demoralize and criticize employees.
    Provide advancement opportunities to other areas of the company instead of making employees feel stuck in their current position with no room for growth.

Be Ready to be laid off any minute

I worked at First Advantage

Pros

Free coffee, nothing much to offer

Cons

Managers don't care about their employees

First Advantage - Positive Environment - hard-working employees!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at First Advantage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Work/Life Balance! Working from home is great! Management is positive and encouraging. Company has gone through many changes due to acquisitions of very good companies and is now moving forward enthusiastically. Management has been transparent and honest about the changes and difficult past two years due to internal changes. I have found that when I reach out to employees in other divisions for assistance, they always help and lend a hand. There is a teamwork environment here even though many are home-based.

Cons

The changes over the past two years have been tough on some people and they lost patience -- it is tough to turn it around and regain the trust/

Improve on-going training and show employees you appreciate their tenure. Continue "thanking them" for their patience and hard work.

Dec 4, 2014Director of Corporate Communications

Former Employee

I worked at First Advantage full-time

Pros

A great deal of opportunity for self-starters.

Cons

Turnover impedes the strategic focus required for corporate success.

Dec 4, 2014Director of Corporate Communications

Thank you! We value honest feedback to help us continue to transform the industry and the company. Many thanks!