First American Payment Systems Reviews

Neil Randel

1. Customer Service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They are big about promoting from within. CS is encouraged to help customers, not just get them off the phones. Compensation is generous.Special treats like snow cones are a nice show of appreciation.

Cons

would be good to have corporate and CS in the same building, compensation package isn't as good as it once was.

Advice to Management

don't let the benefits package slip any further. minor increases in costs are understandable, but this year has seen a loss of 2 big parts of the compensation packages.

Aug 7, 2015 – Digital Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review! It makes us happy to hear that you are enjoying your position! Thank you for your advice, that is definitely something worth looking into. Please let us know if there is ... More

2. Great Team

Current Employee - Na
    Current Employee - Na

Pros

Very pleasant work environment. The management team listens to the concerns of the employees and actually makes changes to accommodate them.

Cons

There are no cons for this company!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jul 6, 2015 – Digital Marketing Coordinator

Thank you!! We always love to hear our employees are happy!

3. Best company Ive ever worked for!

Current Employee - Customer Service/Tech Support
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Tech Support

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary,flexibility ,Managment and co workers. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Fantastic company to work for,they value their employees,excellent employee recognition,They always keep all employees in the loop of whats going on with the company. Ive worked here a little over a year now looking to stay for many more to come.

Cons

walking from back parking lot to building when its raining,hot,or,cold.

Advice to Management

no advise they are doing a excellent job!

Jul 2, 2015 – Digital Marketing Coordinator

Thank you so much! We are happy to hear that you've had such a great experience! We are glad to have you on our team.

5. horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Great shifts after training classes end

Cons

No room to grow it's about who you know. They will not support you every man for themselves benefits suck

Advice to Management

Learn how to show appreciation for hard work

Aug 10, 2015 – Digital Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback as we believe it is truly valuable in ensuring that First American Payment Systems remains a place that our employees are proud to call their employer. We regret you did ... More

6. Worst upper management and policies

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor was only good thing about this company and was why I stayed so long.

Cons

I worked three for almost two years. I ess offered employment out side of the company. I gave notice of 2weeks. I got sick and had to leave early. They advised if I didn't extend my time(which I couldn't since I was starting the new job) I wouldn't be rehirable. I have never been treated with do little regard. I have worked for many companies and as long as I have them the courtsey of letting them know instead of just quitting, I was considered rehirible. I've not been on any finals and always did my job. This is the worst company I've ever worked for. Only saving grace was my wonderful supervisor.

Advice to Management

Change policies

Jul 24, 2015 – Digital Marketing Coordinator

We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a pleasant experience while working for us. We appreciate your feedback. We strive to keep our employees informed on handbook policies through annual ... More

This employer is just asking to be sued for sexual harassment

Current Employee - Customer Service/Tech Support in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Tech Support in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. You get benefits. You get paid every 2 weeks.

Cons

A lot of favoritism. Several of the supervisors were in relationships with team leads or related somehow. So it was weird. I actually got hit on by a female supervisor and after I declined she repeatedly ridiculed me in front of my coworkers. It's not so bad if you keep to yourself. Lots of office politics here and everyone's involved. Glad to be outta there.

Advice to Management

Just be fair. Treat your employees equally and I promise they wouldn't hate their jobs so much. Another thing is hire more professional management. All management is somehow related or dating. Conflict of interest??

Aug 7, 2015 – Digital Marketing Coordinator

We apologize to hear that you had a negative experience while working for First American Payment Systems. We are driven to ensure that our associates have the proper channels to report issues that ... More

8. GreaT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees, management will help you

Cons

salary, employee healthcare needs improvement

What a joke

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this company. Insurance goes up every year. Computer systems get slower every day. the pictures make it seem happy but it is far from it. a fake smile for the ceo.

Cons

This company is a joke. You'll get paid crap ($12.00) for a lot of stress and headache. Look elsewhere. Their computer systems are a total waste so good luck getting help. No one helps you and if they do prepare to be belittled. Company makes up their own rules. I tried to promote to another department but was told I needed to be with the company for 6 months. However, a few new hires got promoted and they were only there 4 weeks! Where's the logic in that? No wonder I left. Company is always hiring so you know the turnover rate is extremely high. These people aren't being promoted ... they are leaving. interviews can take over an hour and they leave you waiting for 15-30 minutes before anyone will see you. I'm glad I left and I feel sorry for the people that still work there.

Advice to Management

you need to fix your computer systems. other companies are easily stealing your employees. anytime we are offered more money and less stress we are leaving. your "mystery caller" program is a joke. of course if you pay a company to monitor your cs skills you'll get a award. If you cant see your being ripped off you deserve to go under. you have the money to buy other companies but not fix your computer systems? yea ... that makes total sense. other call center jobs easily pay $15+ but we take your offer until we find a new job.

Jul 6, 2015 – Digital Marketing Coordinator

We are deeply sorry that your experience was less than enjoyable. We take all complaints seriously and intend to address all of the issues you have mentioned above. Thank you for your feedback and ... More

10. Director

Pros

Great people and extremely knowledgeable management team. Annual bonus and merit increase.

Cons

Company on a whole is short staffed.

Advice to Management

Staff up well in advance of large projects.

Jul 6, 2015 – Digital Marketing Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback, this helps us know where we need to improve and to come up with the best solutions. We're happy to have you work here and for your advice to make us a better company!

11. A Great Experience Working with FAPS and Subsidiaries. Very Few Cons

Former Employee - Multiple Positions During My III Years in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Multiple Positions During My III Years in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

I took the first job that gave me an offer when I moved to TX and that was at FAPS. I started in the inbound call center. It was a slight pay cut, but $12.50/hour was nothing to sneeze at. Benefits are great. Now that I am no longer there, I miss them. The larger the company, the greater premium discount you get with your insurance costs so I was only paying about $35 per pay period. Now in a small company with little to no discount, I pay $280/mo. I regret not taking advantage of Tuition Reimbursement. If I remember correctly, 100% for A's, 75% for B's and 50% for C's. They reimbursed half of my gym membership up to $25, so my membership is $35, they reimbursed $17.50 Very low stress job for the most part (see cons below for the times of stress) Huge variety of people and not hard to make friends in the work place Great opportunity for advancement. I see a lot of reviews that say you only get promoted if you are in a "clique." This is kind of true. But, if your numbers and scores are good, you won't get ignored. I was promoted to another position in the Call Center exactly when I hit my 6 month mark, which is the minimum requirement for promotion. After a year in that position, I was again promoted but to the Corporate office. Free Parking in Downtown Fort Worth. I will say that the free parking for the Call Center is way better than Corporate's Free Parking. Although, Corp can pay to park in the Garage and it is totally worth it, especially on extreme hot or cold days Overall, a great company to work for. I've recommended it to several family members or friends needing a job A degree is not required but it will really help build your resume

Cons

The call center takes Customer Service and Technical Calls. I am not very tech savvy, so the Tech part was challenging to me. Sometimes Business owners are just plain rude and treat you like a minimum wage servant. Most of the time, that is not the case, but when you get a rude one, they are really rude. These business owners will yell and curse at you, insult your integrity and blame your parents for bad parenting simply because their Credit Card machine was destroyed by flooding and now they have to pay for a new one and do not have insurance to cover their machine. Things like that. Sometimes the pricing can be difficult to understand if you are not familiar with Visa and MasterCard Interchange prices. I am, so it wasn't a huge deal, but many people struggled with it and did not understand the statements enough to explain it to a Customer which would mean the customer would call back later and you would have to do damage control. Attendance is a HUGE deal at the Call Center. Almost to the point of ridiculousness. People would get fired because of too many "occurrences" when each one of those were things like having to take their sick baby to the ER or stay home with said sick baby. Day Cares do not allow you to leave sick children. If you are on time and show up to work everyday, this will not be a problem. But every bit of attendance is monitored including breaks and lunches. Because it is an inbound call center they need to insure constant coverage on the phones, so it is understandable, but still a little extreme. Contracts are air tight and Customers are not really given full disclosure before signing. Yes, everything is there in writing, they sign multiple times on the contract and there is a lot of bold print in the contract. These are business owners, they should read their agreements. However, many sales reps just tell the client what they want to hear to get them to sign. This obviously causes multiple complaints and there is nothing that the Call Center or Retention Reps can do about it.

Advice to Management

Attendance. I support the policy for the most part. However, when it comes to write-ups, I think there can be a little more leniency. If the Employee has sick time available and has a Doctor's note, it should not count against them as an "occurrence". I feel if you require a Doctor's note and available sick time to have an excused absence, it will show that you are trying to be considerate to employees when they have a legitimate health issue. Obviously understandable if the employee calls in for a headache on a Friday. But when one Employee comes in with the flu and passes it on to everyone, then more people get sick than necessary. Technical: I think it would be beneficial to have it split either Customer Service OR Tech Support. Maybe some Employees who do both (maybe as a promotion opportunity). Most people are really only geared for one or the other. Which makes it a little disheartening for promotions too. Because Team Leads handle technical escalations and Supervisors handle Customer Service Escalations. So, if you are amazing at Customer Service and would make an excellent CS Supervisor, you may never have that opportunity if you struggle with the technical portion. Sales Rep Issues. This is not going to change that I can see. As long as we have Independent Sales Reps who earn commission only, we will have shady Reps. However, I feel that each sales office should have an Office Sales Assistant like EMG, except every office instead of one per Region. That way the Customer has a place to go to talk to someone face to face even if their Rep is not available or no longer with the company. This OSA should be the Customer's point of Contact to help smooth things over and adjust pricing etc. The Customer should not have to contact Corporate to get things done or answered and they should not have to constantly call CS to ask for their rep to call them. Contracts. I agree that everything in writing should be enforced to a large extent. However, I feel that if the Merchant never processed or at the very least never even installed, a general exception without Supervisor Review should be made. I also feel that if the business has closed, we should work with the owner on the cancellation fee. If they can prove that they are out of business, such as a Cancelled Tax ID or letter from the Chamber of Commerce, etc the fee should be waived or reduced. If the business is sold, it should not be. The business owner should have enough foresight to include any cancellation fees in their Bill of Sale. I also feel that the cancellation fee should be reduced once the account goes into the automatic renewal phase. For example, if they cancel within initial contract term, ie 3 years, full cancellation fees apply. If they cancel outside of terms but during the renewal, $100 per service etc. Just a suggestion. Company Vibe: I do feel that there is a little bit of clique-ishness going on. I agree with a few reviews that say that there should be more restrictions on hiring friends and family. Most companies either do not allow this at all or only allow if at different locations or at the very least, different departments. Overall, I had a very beneficial time working with FAPS and would still recommend working there. Most of the issues that I recommend to management are things that I was able to overcome or handle. Focus on hiring quality employees and sales Reps and you will probably have less issues or complaints.

RSS Feed </> Embed