First Cash Financial Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rick L. Wessel

Great job!

District Manager (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at First Cash Financial Services for more than 3 years

ProsPay and oppertunity for advancement were great. Varied daily regimen means you never get bored.

ConsUnrealistic growth expectations are reuired of each and every employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the ones that built you

Alot of work for little pay! Managers don't know how to manage...etc etc...coworkers were cool though

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services

ProsIt was cool being a pawnbroker. the aspect of the job really excited me thinking ill be doing what "pawn stars" does...but

ConsManagement...HORRIBLE TERRIBLE!!! simply put they have been with the company for a long time and were bound to get promoted..they knew nothing about how to manage or be a team. simply put while you work there you are in a communist type of career lol

Advice to Senior Managementyou are the reason why i left....very disappointed in your lack of leadership and being a team player.

I though it was good job, but I ended being unsatisfied and disappointed.

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services for more than a year

ProsThe only good thing is that you always get your forty hour, they wanna keep you available to their business so you can keep their doors open for their own convenience.

ConsWorking at their pawn shop was the worst decision i could've made. You will never get promoted because pawnbrokers is a dead end in first cash instead you get moved around every pawnshop in the DMV thats how they lie to you about being promoted, moreover; if you are a good prospect the managers and supervisors would try to get rid of you because they always want to keep their old manager. As a result; Managers and supervisor are always the same people over 20 plus years you will never get promoted they are the same old heads. Poor proper training if they don't like you they will find reasons to write you up until they get you fired and they use their poor trainning against you. Health insurance sucks if you get sick company pays little for your medical care. Now they do not have health insurance at all corporate only cares about money and they do make a lot of money

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers and Supervisors dont be afraid to train others they are not gonna take your seat and stop talking behind peoples back it doesnt look and feel professional, in addition; your environment to demand is so much but little rewards to your employees. Write ups are your daily bread if you want to reduce write ups spend the time to train your pawnbrokers. Your write ups only reduces your employee morale.

I love working here

Teller (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMajority of the stores are closed on Sunday, they actually care about you, monthly bonuses, hours aren't too early or too late, and the job is basic. Oh yea, and a Q4 contest that is better than any other company I have worked for-vegas trip, domincan, other places, and cash prizes.

ConsSometimes can get boring, the insurance isn't as great as it could be, and some employees lack professionalism. But, what job isn't boring sometimes, has bad insurance, and some employees not up to par these days. Just saying.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up better with the competition. Continue the shining star program and q4 contest.

“Unethical Business Practices, Less Than Stellar”

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services

ProsThe atmosphere is very relaxed. Sometimes too relaxed.

ConsCompany benefits are the worst I have ever seen. Hourly employees only get 2 weeks of vacation regardless of their tenure with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to wake up & realize what is going on. This company looses a lot of good employees due to the lack of competetive salaries; way below scale.. Employees quickly see they're in a dead end job & leave the company for better opportunities.

Upper management also practacies a form of nepotism which involves not the hiring of family members, but the hiring of friends or their friend's children. A lot of good people are passed up for promotions because of it. Bottom line upper management doesn't care about thier employees. Their bottom line is how much profit can be made at the end of the month so they can get their bonuses.

Socialism and babysitting

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services

ProsRelaxed work environment, casual attire, friendly co-workers.

ConsLack of technology, Socialization is a priority, to many "clicks". Baby sitting of employees and too much hand holding. Middle management lacks knowledge and expertise. Work overload, no praise, no merit, and no promotion because there's no where to get promoted to.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into the 20th century with technology. Hire managers with knowledge and expertise in their fields. Professionalism needs to be a priority and not socialism.

Hard work for no great pay raise when due for one!!

Associate (Current Employee)
Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services

ProsOther employees are great to work with. They are all team players & easy to get along with.

ConsHave to pay for our own uniform shirts. Not always kept in the loop as far as important things going on w/in the company. Some people are treated special & don't have to wear uniforms. These "special" people have a set schedule everyday, unlike the rest of us!!! Everyone should be treated equally, but we're not!! How wrong is that!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone fairly, don't act so arrogant & don't act like you're better than everyone else! Because you're not!!!!!

A company that is growing very quickly with many opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at First Cash Financial Services

ProsThe culture at first cash is very laid back with a do your job and we'll leave you alone attitude. The benefit is that it is very comfortable and low stress. The executives are doing a good job of growing the company and the stock price continues to climb in both good and bad economies.

ConsThe company does not provide opportunities for growth or development. You will more than likely stay in the position you are hired into, many qualified coworkers were passed up for promotions in favor of outside help.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide resources for career planning and advancement. Provide more feedback.

A total waste of time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at First Cash Financial Services

ProsSundays off in some locations. On slow days you have time to catch up on school work even though its frowned upon. A uniform to take the guess work out of picking an outfit.

ConsThe pay really sucks even if you have expierience in that field. Customers can be beyond rude to the point of abuse. Store managers are often children. Area supervisors play mind games and often hold your job above your head to control you. The list can go on forever..

Advice to Senior ManagementNone I wish the company would go bankrupt and dissolve. At one point I bet there were quality people working for the company but times have definitely changed.

I enjoy it so much

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services

ProsThere is a happy environment and the working culture is good. Therefore, the pay here is great and that's why I stay

ConsSometimes, it is so difficult to deal with the rules and regulations here and the layers in this company is high

Advice to Senior ManagementMay be, we can open the communication for all general staff and the company may obtain good opinion from inside

Worked for First Cash Financial Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Cash Financial Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Cash Financial Services CEO Rick L. Wessel. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by First Cash Financial Services employees.