First Cash Financial Services

Rick L. Wessel

Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, upper management is very supportive.

Cons

Pay and commission is really low compared to many other jobs and there is very little room for growth.

Raising your wages not just for new hires but for current employees to prevent as much turnover. Provide more growth within the company so employees have room for growth and have something to strive for in order to stay with the company.

Learn a lot

Current Employee - Pawn Broker in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Pawn Broker in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services

Pros

A lot Of money can be made

Cons

Poor benefits, no life balance,

None

Auditor

Current Employee - Auditor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Auditor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about working here

Cons

Little pay for long hours and worst of all you will be micro managed!

Do more for the people who travel every week. Show them you care.

This company needs an all around makeover.

Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First Cash Financial Services

Pros

I gained a lot of experience doing a variety of things. Loans, check cashing,doing pawns, customer service. Also possibility for commission & I loved my customers I met some of the nicest people working there.

Cons

No breaks, can't leave the store, the pay isn't good compared to other companies. Sometimes they will raise the budgets high just so they won't pay you commission. The benefits suck. They don't have any employee appreciation anything...My Supervisor was UNBEARABLE! The raise that I got my second year was laughable considering all of the traveling, training other employees that I've done for the company. They don't have clear cut procedures so all Supervisors contradict themselves. The turnover rate is RIDICULOUS!

Do away with all of the paper signing, that's the number one customer complaint. You need to implement a debit card machine as well, other companies are ahead in terms of technology. Most importantly try to do things to show employees you appreciate them. We couldn't even get a holiday party. Also if you didn't take so long to promote people you wouldn't have such an issue keeping the stores staffed.

People were great.

Former Employee - Tester/Puller in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Tester/Puller in Loveland, CO

I worked at First Cash Financial Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Worked with three woman and I was the only guy. What can I say it was nice. Seriously though co workers were great including the boss.
    Pay was nice but the bonus was better. Hours in the EBay department was great 8-5 M-F. I drove the truck to other stores and all were great to work with.

Cons

Getting laid off or I would still be there.

Doing great but need to have front store assistant manager leave store before losing it.

Stay away!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at First Cash Financial Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At first I really enjoyed working here! I made a lot of connections and got to know a lot people! I made great commission checks, but the hourly pay really sucked!

Cons

Since this company is commission based, there is a large rivalry for customers. Pay sucks and they have a horrible turn over rate! Why do you think they are ALWAYS hiring as opposed to competitors!
    Management sucks and so do veteran employees! They are afraid that you will replace them! They are not honest with their money at the end of the night!

Start reviewing cameras at registers! Not every shortage or overage is reported! Overages are saved to the side to replace shortages on other days! Treat employees fairly and always motivate!

No room for advancement because of buddy system

I worked at First Cash Financial Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great relationships with other staff members, bonuses and Q4 trip opportunity. CEO seems to really care about the company. Office staff doesn't turn over and are nice when I call. 401k and health insurance

Cons

Base pay isn't good and goals for bonuses are difficult to achieve. Management team isn't trained, high turnover. Hard to get promoted because it's about the buddy buddy system instead of your value to the company. Insurance isn't that great

Ease back on the buddy system for promotions and pay employees better. Make bonus available to more employees. Take care of the people that make you money

I have only been with this company for a short while, but I love my job.

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services

Pros

The training is very hands on and they don't train you for a couple of days and then throw you in to sink or swim.

Cons

Takes upshot of hours can be a little hard on the work home life balance.

Good but, just like working you have to be the broker when promotion comes your way.

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services

Pros

Good atmosphere good pay for what you do.

Cons

Come raise or promotion time shoot high.

Don't forget when you were a front line employee. Understand your role now as a leader don't forget those that got you where you are now.

Generally an enjoyable job , although some days can be stressful

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

*Always provided with a solid 40 hours a week
    *Monthly bonuses can range from $25-$1500 or more depending on how much profit you generate.
    *In my area (OKC metro) overtime is almost always available.
    *Hourly pay not bad for a job that requires no higher education/specific skill training.
    *You learn a lot about a broad range of merchandise (electronics, tools, jewelry, etc.)
    *The commission structure keeps you motivated and interested in the job. Instead of working hourly while all profits are sent to corporate, you get to keep a percentage of all profits you make from loans (pawns) and sales.
    *Your management will SOMETIMES make good deals on merchandise you are interested in purchasing

Cons

*Definite favoritism in upper management
    *Stores constantly understaffed
    *Sometimes have to work more hours than you would like
    *The turnover rate is very high. I would guess 80% of new hires quit in under 6 months.
    *Customers and management WILL try your patience, and even coworkers you like will get on your nerves on busy 50-60 hour weeks
    *VERY little room to do anything else, time wise (School, part time second job, etc)

*Drop the condescending attitudes and superiority complex
    *Don't assume everyone is willing to come in on their day off
    *Take more time to hire employees who are likely to stick around, instead of anyone with a valid social security number.