First Cash Financial Services Reviews

Rick L. Wessel

1. Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We earn commissions, so the more you sell, the more you make. Flexible scheduling, managers understand us since most of them started out as pawnbrokers.

Cons

Backrooms of the stores get hot in the summer!

2. I will miss working here!!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at First Cash Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for three years and deciding to leave was a really tough decision. Management is great, literally all the way to the top - I never had a manager or supervisor I didn't like, even the occasional visitors from corporate were very easy to talk to and genuinely care about how you are feeling as an employee. Also, for an entry level job, the pay structure is fantastic - you have to work with your team to reach 8 parameters and you are pretty much guaranteed a bonus (by the end of my run, I was earning $1000+ bonuses every month). Working in a pawn shop gives you so much experience for any other job you may want in the future - retail, customer service, human resources, finances, sales. Working for First Cash is truly an opportunity that you should definitely seize if you get a chance.

Cons

The biggest interior issue I saw was that First Cash has a habit of dangling promotions - they'll train you and tell you that you're moving up but then at the last minute they decide not to promote for some reason or another. You will also probably have some of the most difficult customer interactions you could ever anticipate, but that's just to be expected from working at a pawn shop

Advice to Management

If you don't actually intend to bump somebody up, don't tell them you are. Also train and monitor your employees better! I saw way too much cost being put into items which ultimately lost the company money in terms of profit

3. I love working here

Current Employee - Teller in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Dallas, TX

I have been working at First Cash Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Majority of the stores are closed on Sunday, they actually care about you, monthly bonuses, hours aren't too early or too late, and the job is basic. Oh yea, and a Q4 contest that is better than any other company I have worked for-vegas trip, domincan, other places, and cash prizes.

Cons

Sometimes can get boring, the insurance isn't as great as it could be, and some employees lack professionalism. But, what job isn't boring sometimes, has bad insurance, and some employees not up to par these days. Just saying.

Advice to Management

Keep up better with the competition. Continue the shining star program and q4 contest.

RSS Feed </> Embed