First Coast Service Options, Inc.

www.fcso.com
  www.fcso.com

First Coast Service Options, Inc. Reviews

Updated October 5, 2014
Updated October 5, 2014
2.6

Sandra Coston

FCSO is highly dedicated to meeting CMS standards in their processes.

Current Employee - Provider Enrollment Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Provider Enrollment Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at First Coast Service Options, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CMS is ever changing and FCSO ensures that we are aware of each change in a timely manor. FCSO's vision statement applies to our main focus on a daily basis, "The right things, the right way". This drives employees to do their best at all times and in all situations. The flexibility in our schedules also help us to balance our work and home life easier.

Cons

Growth within the company can be hindered if you are considered an asset within your current role. Also, the compensation is not equally balanced with fair market value for the amount of work that is required of you with in certain departments.

Take a close look at the various roles within the organization. Understand that metric goals and procedures can't always be universal but should apply to the process in which each specific duty is performed, dependent upon the project. Compensation and advancement should also be measured by your individual performance.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Provider Auditor I
    Former Employee - Provider Auditor I

I worked at First Coast Service Options, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Encouraged to work independently. Bonuses every year!

Cons

Somewhat disorganized which can be irritating.

good company depends on where and who you work for

Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at First Coast Service Options, Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Its a job if you don't rub management the wrong way

Cons

getting raises and dealing with a management staff that don't know what they are doing or how to do the work they are trying to manage.if you are a black person do not look to advance in this company.

learn the job for the staff you are managing. and stop being sneakie

I used to be excited to go to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at First Coast Service Options, Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The PTO policy is generous and some of the benefits are good. Good coworkers, good learning opportunity for new fields of endeavor.

Cons

Promotional opportunities are there for those with friends in high places. Most positions are decided before the interview is even held. Having an advanced degree or certification means nothing, and I don't think anyone looks at resumes when people put in for promotions. It's all "who do you know". HR is no help; there used to be a great bunch of employees in HR; now it's who do you know versus what do you know. I now have the same job at a different organization, and make a great deal more. The salaries are NOT competitive. You can work there as a contractor for twice to three times as much, but if you are hired full-time, you will lose the extra and be put to the regular company salary. New management has come in and eliminated experienced workers, or made conditions so bad the experienced staff leaves. Management has "pets" and forget the rest.

I would advise upper or senior level management to become more involved with what is happening in the departments. There are departments that are run so poorly that most of the experienced staff has left the company, and the remainder are not familiar enough with the work to come in and take over with no training. Also, have senior management review the real competitive salaries - the ones at FCSO are NOT competitive, based on the overall market for most positions. If senior level management does not find a way to improve salary, work hours and promotions, this company will continue to lose good workers.

When quality doesn't matter

Former Employee - Auditor II in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Auditor II in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at First Coast Service Options, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good way to gain experience in healthcare auditing. It's a job.

Cons

First Coast Service Options (FCSO) only cares about volume, not quality. The main goal is to get as many audits done as possible without regard of quality. Employees are underpaid well below market and are overworked. New employees are thrown in the deep end without formal training. Numerous employees went on stress leave while I was employed. Many were unhappy and morale was constantly down. Hard work is not recognized. If you are a high producer you will only be expected to produce more and your annual increase if any will be next to nothing.

Take care of your employees. Offer competitive salaries and provide opportunity for advancement. "The right things the right way" with the workload your employees receive. It forces them to give up quality and in turn executing a fair audit and well thought out audit.

Medical Review Nurse

Former Employee - Medical Review Nurse in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Review Nurse in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at First Coast Service Options, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good learning experience. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Better orientation process. Need more available resources. High turn-over rate

Because the work environment was set up in a cubicle style fashion, a lot of personal information was over heard, that didn't need to be shared/heard by others. Better training process to on-board Nurses. Some of the delivery messages could have been more tactful.

Great place

Former Employee - Medicare Provider Enrollment Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Medicare Provider Enrollment Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at First Coast Service Options, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

A little unorganized, new management

Stress

Former Employee - PSA in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - PSA in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at First Coast Service Options, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great, and if you love to abuse fmla this for you. They offer a great work out program by making you park 2 miles away. Idiot managers who get master's degrees from University of Phoenix create policies that actually cause less work to get done, which is good because laziness is rewarded.

Cons

Ever wake up in tears because you dread going into work, enough said,

Retire.

Unstable Company Please Dont try it

Current Employee - In Charge Auditor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - In Charge Auditor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at First Coast Service Options, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Coworkers and managers. You can have the medicare experience with them and then go out to the healthcare industry.

Cons

As a subsidiary of BCBSFL FCSO should have a inexpensive Health Insurance for employees and family members. Long hours of work without compensation.

Go down to the workers and try to see what they are doing for the company.

Excellent company, they're the best at what they do.

I have been working at First Coast Service Options, Inc.

Pros

Everything you could imagine at a job like this.

Cons

Nothing to complain about, they're awesome.

Keep up the good work and thanks for caring.