First Commonwealth Financial

www.fcbanking.com

First Commonwealth Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
First Commonwealth Financial – US – “FC Central Office Headquarters”

First Commonwealth Financial – US – “FC Central Office Headquarters”

First Commonwealth Financial President, CEO, Director T. Michael Price

T. Michael Price

Good company to work for

Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsLots of training when new processes happen.

ConsLittle ability for advancement; Expensive benefits

Working here will ensure that it is in fact your "Time to be First"... out the door

Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Pros--Better than slavery
    --Bonus perk: Management is indifferent to employees whisteling "Careless Whisper" by George Michael while at work

Cons--Poor compensation for job positions compared to other bank's in the area
    --Inadequate training, yet management expects performance
    --Mediocre benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's a reason the employee turnover rate is so high--other Banks simply pay more for the same work.

Very Clicky

Teller (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsBanker's hours. Most employees are nice and helpful.

ConsHard to advance unless you know someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more consistent! And care a little more.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hometown Feel

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost days feel like family

ConsNot much room or opportunity for professional growth

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within

Great place to learn

Credit Intern (Current Employee) Indiana, PA

ProsNew management, clear goals, growing company.

ConsLow Salary, stagnant salary growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo attract talent (esp. Pitt market), offer Pittsburgh salary.

Teller Service Representatives

Teller (Current Employee)

ProsExtensive benefits-$30 mo for full employee medical (Spouse or family over $300 additional),
    3% 401K match. Many locations- Referral bonus if goal is met.

ConsMany locations very short staffed-I am an over 20 year employee who has so much non-teller work on my plate I can't stay on top of my game regarding products/services. Many great employees, and as many not-great. If you dont like SALES, dont apply! Your happiness will depend on the office you are placed. Highest raise humanly possible is 3% -(request a decent starting pay)

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease let eveyone focus on their jobs and ease up on the "high-5" type emails. Allow cross over of regions for staff support-you would save so much time and cost. Live your code of ethics and the list won't be necessary. Honesty, Fairness, Professionalism??? --way too elementary. Remember, ACTIONS speak louder than words.

Top Heavy Executive Structure

ProsIf you are breaking into banking there is an opportunity for you to move up the ranks if you are willing to trade a title for lack of salary. Most will work here get a title and then leave for "greener" pastures.

ConsToo many Execs - There is a Executive for everything, which translates to higher options, higher pay for "elite" and lower more conservative pay for the rest

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better sales tools, more defined leads development system, sales goals don't correlate to direct activity of sales people. Bonus structure is lacking. STOP HIRING EXECUTIVES FOR EVERYTHING!

Worked for First Commonwealth Financial? Contribute to the Community!