First Convenience Bank

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Terry Tuggle

Fun company to work for, not your ordinary bank

Personal Banker II (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFun work environment; incentive check is great

ConsLong hours on feet all day; monthly checking account goals can get stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Depends what district you are in and whats good pay for you

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsGets your foot in the door for banking industry. Get to meet alota different people. Incentive check is nice. You can get promoted quickly i became a manager in under two years. At the end of the day you can word this job very nicely on the resume

ConsLong hours
    No social life
    No time to spend with family
    On your feet all day
    If you are at a slow branch this can make days very long.
    Mgmt wants people working every weekend
    Pay isn't the best , college degree means nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment

Be ready for crappy hours and night parties

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, other than that the whole company sucks

ConsFirst Convenience Bank aims at getting low income families so when a customer that makes 20,000 a year gets a fee of $35 they get upset with you because thats a big deal for them.
    "Night Parties", Low pay for all the work, Horrible Management, unorganized company, no solid direction, overall this is was one of my worst jobs I have ever worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your front line employees we understand what customers want and need. Not every customer is the same. I see why wood forest is in almost 4 times the states we are.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you're management is good, it's a doable job.

Personal Banker II (Current Employee)

ProsYou can work as much as you like. If you're outgoing and enjoy the demand of sales, you'd love it here.
    If bilingual you'll get paid more.

ConsIf you're full time, this job becomes are life(no time for a social life). I hate that there are late "parties" (They aren't parties at all. You have to just about force people to open up accounts to avoid write ups). The company is extremely sales oriented. Another con is that the company is really small so everyone knows everyone. Meaning, watch what you say and do because it could come back to hunt you.

First Convenience is the worst..PB1 starts at $11/hr

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbonus, sales commission, good start to banking career

Constell management to actually do their job, put customers first and you wouldn't lose so much business, will stay at work trying to get accounts

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about you put your customers first and provide appropriate training to your employees

great place to start

Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) Canyon, TX

Prosgets you banking experenice, helps open doors

Consone level above used car saleman

Advice to Senior Managementgive more reasons to stay

Great Training Experience

ProsLax work environment. I love my team

ConsWork you like slaves for not enough pay

Advice to Senior ManagementGET ORGANIZED

My experience at FCB was mixed.

ProsIt's a fun atmosphere but the majority of it is sales. You meet some great people and for someone without education the pay is decent.

ConsIt is very challenging to sell checking accounts to people while they are grocery shopping. You could never be out of balance, perfect attendance, etc but you will only be promoted if you are good at sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more opportunities to people with an Education.

High turnover

Teller/Walking Commercial (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsThey will hire anyone with a pulse.

ConsThey do not care about you , they do not develop their employees professionally. You are as expendable in their eyes as their customers. By the time I was fired for not hitting a sales goal 3 months in a row, my entire branch turned over. Not one person remained from the day I was hired. Top sales people (including my self) where fired, others quit. There are highs and lows in sales as with everything. Customer service suffers because of this employee mill they are running.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. Katz,
     Maybe you should "invest" into people who care. Then cultivate those people into the little "walking commercials" you like. Maybe if you show your employees that you aren't "axe happy" you would be able to keep good people around and keep yourself off of the Rip Off Report.

I thrived at this company.

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsI love banking, this is a very down to earth banking institution, they relate to every day people.

ConsManagement does not provide the basic tools needed to continue building your career with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employess who are willing to show up and work hard everyday that they are appreciated.

Worked for First Convenience Bank? Contribute to the Community!