First Data Reviews

Frank Bisignano

The First Data Way

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Senior Leadership, Equity Ownership, Technology, Meritocracy, Compensation

Cons

Large company matrix it takes awhile to learn how to navigate.

Continue with diversity efforts

Mar 12, 2015Community Manager

Thank you.

Sometimes shaky, but overall solid career

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is going through a large turnaround. I enjoy being part of this opportunity. The new CEO and executive management have brought with them a significant cultural shift in the company. While some changes are hard to swallow, its easy to see the positive results when you look at the larger picture. I've been with the company through several CEOs and believe Frank is the right guy to lead this company out of the debt laden situation of the leveraged buyout to a profitable public company.

Cons

Change. Change is hard for anyone. This management committee has made some big changes at the employee level like ending 401k matching and implementing an expensive health insurance program . But they have also given all employees ownership in the company. While worth nothing today, the potential once vested after IPO is an exciting opportunity. So we wait and we do our part to help advance the company towards that day.

Fourth quarter 2014 we reported a profit. The first since 2007 I believe. If we continue on this path, as I believe we will, give the 24000 hard working employees a bone and reinstate 401k matching. Ownership is great. Combined with a match in retirement savings helps ensure we will have financial security later in life.

Feb 18, 2015Community Manager

Thank you for your review.

The ' New' First Data

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Senior Leadership Team at First Data is 2nd to none. The sky is the limit given the breadth of experience and knowledge across this team. Books will be written about the transformation of the New First Data.

Cons

The cultural transformation over the past 18 months has been difficult for some of our owner associates, however the benefits are now evident (historic 4thQtr earnings) and the 24k+ owner associates are aligned for continued success and growth.

Full steam ahead...

Feb 17, 2015Community Manager

We're glad to see such optimism from a longstanding employee. Thanks for your comments.

5. BEWARE...FAKE COMPANY REVIEWS! Current employee, 10yrs.

I have been working at First Data

Pros

Great at spinning the sad truth into a positive. Feel sorry for the future investor suckers.

Cons

Folks, dont be fooled by the fake posts and "helpful" tags being used to increase the popular ratings. FDC has entered into a campaign to artificially improve its Glassdoor image by posting fake reviews and tagging helpful on the positive reviews to get those to the top of the popular sort. Prospective employees and investors should sort reviews by date, and only look at those reviews posted prior to about January 2015.

Stop manipulating Glassdoor, and focus on improving the culture of the company you have successfully destroyed. Stop lying to employees about the Restricted Stock Award value, which we figure is closer to $2, not the $4.50 claimed.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Instructional Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Instructional Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than a year)

Pros

First Data has a lot of benefits for working with this company. They are very active with the HRC and believe in diversity. They offer domestic partner benefits, which is not seen at a lot of companies elsewhere.

First data also takes pride in supporting veterans.

It gives me great pride when I walk into a store and see the new Clover device on their counter, or see they are using one of the FD legacy terminals. I feel safe shopping knowing how secure the company is and getting to witness that first hand.

The BRAVO! recognition program is a nice way for someone to say thank you with recognition. The points can be exchanged for gift cards or prizes in a catalog.

I am excited to check out the tuition reimbursement opportunities, and hopefully using it to grow my skills and knowledge to help improve my work.

First Data has been a great choice for a place to work. The environment is very positive and most everyone enjoys what they do.

Cons

One of the down falls of working with the company is when you are promoted from within to a different position, you often will lose out on compensation that is well deserved. If an internal hire moves to a better, higher position, I feel like the potential increase should be more than a 5-8% increase. Also, if you move to a new position in December - January, they do not provide you with the performance increase that you have earned. You only receive the promotional increase.

Another area I believe the company can work on is time management. I see in several departments that people tend to wait until the last minute to get things accomplished and it usually ends up not being the best quality work that can be produced.

I would like to see an opportunity for higher education tuition reimbursement beyond just a master's degree. Also, for people that have proven they have higher work ethic, that should be rewarded better than offering stock incentives for a privately owned company. I also was very disappointed with the amount of my bonus this year, given everything that I had accomplished last year.

Feb 10, 2015Community Manager

Thanks for your review and feedback. We're glad to have you on the team and we're looking forward to a great year ahead.

Transformation since 2013 - night and day

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for growth, sales culture fully believes in the mission and vision, new leadership brought tremendous insight to the business and people are genuinely happy to be here. Very different from when I was doing my due diligence in early 2014. Kept employee contributions to healthcare the same in 2014.

Cons

New focus on making people who have always been work from home to come into an office - very old school thinking and might lose quality talent by being so rigid. No match on 401k. Perception that the management changes have a lingering affect on morale, because that has shifted... this team is dedicated and here to stay.

Consider WFH associates a valuable asset while maintaining focus that future new hires are part of an office.

Feb 10, 2015Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your comments. We're glad to hear that you think the transformation is taking hold.

Disaster - don't believe the positive reviews

I have been working at First Data

Pros

Great....if you come from JP Morgan or Citi

Cons

I was just an unhappy employee looking to get out, but felt compelled to comment based on some of the positive reviews here. People are simply unhappy - bonuses cut back, phantom stock awards, vacation days cut, 401k match eliminated. If you have been hired since the coming of the new management in NY, you might be happy. For anyone else....I would not encourage anyone to come here.

It is hard to know where to start, but perhaps getting honest with yourself about why previous posters had negative things to say about FD and leadership rather than a top-down campaign to "boost" the rankings. Ethically, I think that tells you all you need to know.

Mar 17, 2015Community Manager

While you may be unhappy and you're welcome to speak your mind, you can't claim to speak for others whose experience of First Data is positive. For many, this is a very exciting time to be at First ... More

Intern

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Atlanta, GA
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

company is growing now, it will be best payment processing company

Cons

poor salary, really bad management

Feb 13, 2015Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed. If you'd like to discuss either of the issues you've raised, feel free to contact employeecomms@firstdata.com.

Terrible Culture, terrible benefits, constantly downsizing

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at First Data full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great co-workers, a lot to learn

Cons

new leadership does not care about employees, they cut mostl benefits and are continuously laying off people. Even long term employees are leaving because the culture, benefits and leadership have been terrible.

value your talent

These recent reviews mostly by VPs are fake

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at First Data full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There aren't any. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Cons

If you are not from one of the C levels old firms, Italian, and live in NYC your time is surely limited. Don't believe what they tell you at hiring or what is in your offer letter. It can and will change.

This propaganda posted recently on here is humorous at best. Obviously put on here as the company is prepping for IPO this year. Unless you fit in the category stated above, this company will take everything they can from you. People are expected to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...and I'm not talking about just those that work in a call center. Everything is treated as a life or death matter...do yourself a favor and stay away from this place, no matter what they offer you, it will not be worth it.