First Data Reviews

69 reviews filtered by
  • Atlanta, GA Area
2.8
Frank Bisignano

A global, innovative, growth, technology company that challenges employees to think beyond the transaction

Current Employee - Director, Finance in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director, Finance in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data (More than 5 years)

Pros

The landscape of First Data provides an opportunity for individuals to develop, progress and advance their career; Owner Associates can advance professional and personally

Cons

Because there are so many touch points and integration throughout our business work-flow, it is essential that we break down the silos between business units; collaboration is a prerequisite for success in our business

Advice to Management

Keep Frank Bisignano at the forefront of First Data. He demands the absolute best from the Management Committee and the overall Owner Associates population

Apr 24, 2015Social Media Manager

Thanks for your comments, it's much appreciated. We'd be interested in hearing more about your thoughts on how we can start to break down the silos and create collaboration. Feel free to email ... More

First Data works everyday to connect commerce across the street and around the world for merchants, banks, consumers.

Current Employee - Client Innovation in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Innovation in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a unique position in the ecosystem of commerce and it affords all us in Client Engagement & Innovation to work with a varied set of customers and stakeholders, day in and day out. It is never boring.

Cons

The only drawback to working for a global company is that you never have a chance to meet all of your colleagues face to face. Luckily video conferencing is helping to make that simple.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Your commitment to the company's next 50 years, while being respectful of our heritage as a unique technology service provider earns my respect.

Excellent company that allows for career growth and values creativity

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cutting edge technology, performance based culture which allows you to get paid for what you are worth and the leadership is excellent and cares about their people.

Cons

very fast paced and may not be for everyone wanting to just collect a paycheck.

Advice to Management

work from home

credit card processing

Former Employee - Technical Documentation Writer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Documentation Writer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at First Data

Pros

fascinating processes and great people to work with

Cons

no employee training or introduction on company products

Advice to Management

I love the new focus on customer service and support (i.e training). Consider the same treatment for new employees! A little informational training on your product line would go a LONG way to help your employees help the company.

Mar 31, 2015Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the insight into employee training. This is definitely something we are trying to improve with better internal communications and tools.

Worked as a contract IT Recruiter

Former Contractor - IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at First Data as a contractor

Pros

Great team of colleagues to work with during my time with First Data, very collaborative.

Cons

No flexibility to work remotely if full-time
    No salary increases for internal employees who are promoted

Advice to Management

Revisit work-from-home policy

The First Data Way

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Senior Leadership, Equity Ownership, Technology, Meritocracy, Compensation

Cons

Large company matrix it takes awhile to learn how to navigate.

Advice to Management

Continue with diversity efforts

Mar 12, 2015Community Manager

Thank you.

BEWARE...FAKE COMPANY REVIEWS! Current employee, 10yrs.

I have been working at First Data

Pros

Great at spinning the sad truth into a positive. Feel sorry for the future investor suckers.

Cons

Folks, dont be fooled by the fake posts and "helpful" tags being used to increase the popular ratings. FDC has entered into a campaign to artificially improve its Glassdoor image by posting fake reviews and tagging helpful on the positive reviews to get those to the top of the popular sort. Prospective employees and investors should sort reviews by date, and only look at those reviews posted prior to about January 2015.

Advice to Management

Stop manipulating Glassdoor, and focus on improving the culture of the company you have successfully destroyed. Stop lying to employees about the Restricted Stock Award value, which we figure is closer to $2, not the $4.50 claimed.

Sometimes shaky, but overall solid career

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is going through a large turnaround. I enjoy being part of this opportunity. The new CEO and executive management have brought with them a significant cultural shift in the company. While some changes are hard to swallow, its easy to see the positive results when you look at the larger picture. I've been with the company through several CEOs and believe Frank is the right guy to lead this company out of the debt laden situation of the leveraged buyout to a profitable public company.

Cons

Change. Change is hard for anyone. This management committee has made some big changes at the employee level like ending 401k matching and implementing an expensive health insurance program . But they have also given all employees ownership in the company. While worth nothing today, the potential once vested after IPO is an exciting opportunity. So we wait and we do our part to help advance the company towards that day.

Advice to Management

Fourth quarter 2014 we reported a profit. The first since 2007 I believe. If we continue on this path, as I believe we will, give the 24000 hard working employees a bone and reinstate 401k matching. Ownership is great. Combined with a match in retirement savings helps ensure we will have financial security later in life.

Feb 18, 2015Community Manager

Thank you for your review.

The ' New' First Data

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Senior Leadership Team at First Data is 2nd to none. The sky is the limit given the breadth of experience and knowledge across this team. Books will be written about the transformation of the New First Data.

Cons

The cultural transformation over the past 18 months has been difficult for some of our owner associates, however the benefits are now evident (historic 4thQtr earnings) and the 24k+ owner associates are aligned for continued success and growth.

Advice to Management

Full steam ahead...

Feb 17, 2015Community Manager

We're glad to see such optimism from a longstanding employee. Thanks for your comments.

Disaster - don't believe the positive reviews

I have been working at First Data

Pros

Great....if you come from JP Morgan or Citi

Cons

I was just an unhappy employee looking to get out, but felt compelled to comment based on some of the positive reviews here. People are simply unhappy - bonuses cut back, phantom stock awards, vacation days cut, 401k match eliminated. If you have been hired since the coming of the new management in NY, you might be happy. For anyone else....I would not encourage anyone to come here.

Advice to Management

It is hard to know where to start, but perhaps getting honest with yourself about why previous posters had negative things to say about FD and leadership rather than a top-down campaign to "boost" the rankings. Ethically, I think that tells you all you need to know.

Mar 17, 2015Community Manager

While you may be unhappy and you're welcome to speak your mind, you can't claim to speak for others whose experience of First Data is positive. For many, this is a very exciting time to be at First ... More