First Data Reviews

Reset
2.9
First Data CEO Frank Bisignano
Frank Bisignano

Pros
  • Work-life balance is fairly optimistic (in 25 reviews)

• Ability to work from home when necessary (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not good anymore (in 14 reviews)

• No 401k match anymore, benefits are terrible etc (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Proud to be an Owner-Associate

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

First Data provides a wealth of opportunities to expand and grow within the organization. As an Owner-Associate I am empowered to make decisions and influence how our solutions are brought to market through the understanding of our client's genuine concern.

Cons

First Data has a complex environment due to numerous acquisitions. We have however done a much better job with our newer acquisitions such as Clover, Perka and GYFT.

Advice to Management

Continue to look at the talent within the organization for key leadership roles.

Feb 26, 2015 – Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're glad to head that you feel proud and empowered. We're happy to have you on the team.

constant reorganization

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

With all of the change occurring, there are opportunities for positive change. There are several strong and talented executive hired in from other successful companies.

Cons

Unless you are from the new York crowd, your options may be limited. It is ridiculous how the new management spent lavishly on hiring friends and family, then decided to cut expenses drastically. Experienced employees have left in droves.

Advice to Management

The advice to new management would be to recognize the value of experience in current employees and understand that the team in charge of certain products will probably not tell you about the weaknesses in that product.

Jul 17, 2015 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for your comments and taking the time to leave a review. There are definitely opportunities for positive change. We'd be interested in hearing more about your thoughts on the management style ... More

IT Architect

Former Employee - IT Architect in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - IT Architect in Omaha, NE

I worked at First Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Exciting innovations in the ITaaS arena, along with excellent peers to work with.

Cons

Watch out for executive management. They state one thing and then their actions show another path entirely. Very much New York City politics and personalities.

Advice to Management

If you state something then live it out. Be transparent, and actually care for your workers. Don't pretend.

Jul 30, 2015 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'd be interested in hearing more about your thoughts on how we can be more transparent as a company. Feel free to email employeecomms@firstdata.com. ... More

Watch yor back

Current Employee - Tecj Support in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Tecj Support in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at First Data

Pros

Pay , hours of operation

Cons

Racing to an IPO...no 401k no health high deductibles

Advice to Management

longtime employees are an asset not a liability due to salary

6. Great First Stop

Former Employee - Credit Risk and Portfolio Manager in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Credit Risk and Portfolio Manager in Melville, NY

I worked at First Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is very flexible and there is a large emphasis on training.

Cons

Compensation is much lower that industry competitors, 401K match is non existent.

Advice to Management

Continue to boost morale its coming back but has gotten off track in recent history.

Direction Change Needed At Top

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great customer base. Great service delivery. Great product offering and spread.

Cons

NYC senior leadership lacks concern for customer base. Hemorrhaging resource talent across the US and the globe in favor of localising in US east coast. This is very costly in terms of loss of industry knowledge.

Advice to Management

Focus on customers. Value the teams you have. Everything else will fix itself.

Jul 30, 2015 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'd be interested in hearing more about your thoughts on how to better focus on our customers. This is truly important to us as a company, feel free ... More

8. customer service Representative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and opportunities to get promoted and lots of overtime they also recognize ur work n make sure u feel appreciated. I personally had the best boss lol Bob from Omaha Ne

Cons

Alot of people who have a business r not that smart

9. Retention is a Plus Not a Liability

Current Employee - Senior Processing Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Processing Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment and marketable products. Loyal and dedicated employees.

Cons

Please look at a better recruiting and retention process for internal employees. First Data is loosing so many talented individuals because they are not placed in positions that meet their qualifications. One must be compassionate about their job to be productive and increase the company's revenue.

Advice to Management

Focus on building a strong retention team so that when an employee gives a notice (like myself) you can present an awesome retention package to keep them with the company, even if it means transition to a new department. The more loyal employees the stronger the company. Strength is in the numbers.

Great company to work for

I worked at First Data (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people - innovative and smart. Enjoyed collaboration with fun, focused team mates.

Cons

REMITCO Sr. Mgt. has no compassion for the amount of work being done, despite the corporate chin music. Several heart attacks and strokes in our department only means there is more stressful work left for fewer people until the fallen can return or retire. Seriously, people were being pushed to their limits and those still standing were pushed to do more with less.

Advice to Management

More than 4 people had stress related emotional breakdowns, heart attacks and strokes in the department of 15, in 6 months timeframe... certainly a reflection of an unhealthy workplace. They were all very vocal in letting the team know they needed support.

Did not accept offer

Former Employee - Did Not Accept Offer
    Former Employee - Did Not Accept Offer

I worked at First Data

Pros

The job description, the company mission and the opportunity for growth was really attractive. Also, the manager I interviewed with appeared genuinely nice and I really enjoyed our conversation. I ended the call feeling positive and wanting to be a part of the team

Cons

Alas, the recruiting and on-board experience was so disjointed, I felt compelled to reject the offer. I was contacted by two people who seemed to not communicate with each. Each gave me conflicting information and I was always trying to sort out the information and find out what was valid. The miscommunication was so bad that I took a step back and with disappointment rejected the offer. I was concerned as to what the environment would be like after I started if the on-boarding process was so painful.

Advice to Management

Have your folks introduce themselves to potential new hires, explain their role in the hiring process and be thorough with the description of the job and expectations. Communication and information cannot be stressed enough.

RSS Feed </> Embed