First Data Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
694 reviews filtered by
Frank Bisignano

Pros
  • Great co-workers depending on your team and relatively good work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Work from Home, Build Great Business Relationships by Representing worldwide Best in Class Products (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations and time commitements - Can impact work life balance negatively (in 14 reviews)

• 401k match was eliminated, Health care benefits are expensive with a high deductible (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Proud to be an Owner-Associate

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

First Data provides a wealth of opportunities to expand and grow within the organization. As an Owner-Associate I am empowered to make decisions and influence how our solutions are brought to market through the understanding of our client's genuine concern.

Cons

First Data has a complex environment due to numerous acquisitions. We have however done a much better job with our newer acquisitions such as Clover, Perka and GYFT.

Advice to Management

Continue to look at the talent within the organization for key leadership roles.

Feb 26, 2015Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're glad to head that you feel proud and empowered. We're happy to have you on the team.

A global, innovative, growth, technology company that challenges employees to think beyond the transaction

Current Employee - Director, Finance in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director, Finance in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data (More than 5 years)

Pros

The landscape of First Data provides an opportunity for individuals to develop, progress and advance their career; Owner Associates can advance professional and personally

Cons

Because there are so many touch points and integration throughout our business work-flow, it is essential that we break down the silos between business units; collaboration is a prerequisite for success in our business

Advice to Management

Keep Frank Bisignano at the forefront of First Data. He demands the absolute best from the Management Committee and the overall Owner Associates population

Apr 24, 2015Social Media Manager

Thanks for your comments, it's much appreciated. We'd be interested in hearing more about your thoughts on how we can start to break down the silos and create collaboration. Feel free to email ... More

Billing Supervisor

Current Employee - Billing Supervisor in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Billing Supervisor in Melville, NY

I have been working at First Data full-time

Pros

First Data's strategic direction is to help its customer grow their businesses. This is being accomplished through the development of many innovative products, services, and solutions. The investment community has indicated its faith in First Data's future prospects, as evidenced by a $3.5 Billion private equity placement. First Data has had a monumental year in 2014, and based on its growing revenue streams and numerous success stories, the company is poised for a monumental year in 2015.

Cons

No cons to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead First Data on its successful path.

Opinion of working at FDC for less than a year

I have been working at First Data

Pros

The organization wants me to grow, learn from different teams, and move around (lateral or vertical) in the company where I want to move. I have had exposure to almost every team within FDC. I'm surrounded by smart people.

My team is supportive and like family. Really... this company is like family. When I need help, I make it known. It doesn't matter if it's the weekend or if it's past 5p. We are team players; we all hold shares of the company. If my team fails, I fail.

We are doing a lot of good in our communities. We are involved with the LGBT community and we support hiring veterans. We have part of the organization that focuses solely on helping small business owners.

Cons

Reorganizing the company means out with the old in with the new. There are so many new people and changes, just when you get comfortable - things will change.

Pay is not competitive after taking the benefits package into consideration. Everyone is aware that they are not getting paid as well others with the same career & you can sense that awkward financial frustration.

Advice to Management

It is proven that employees will work harder and create more revenue for the company when they are happy. While we are cutting corners to build revenue (no more matching 401k), you are loosing happiness of employees. This is increasing your turnover rate.

Let's study the happiness factor of FDC employees and try to increase it!

Mar 9, 2015Community Manager

Thanks for your comments. We're glad that you find First Data to be a supportive and rewarding environment. We're all in it together.

The New First Data

Current Employee - Team Manager-Payment Center in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Team Manager-Payment Center in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong global presence
    Leader in payment solutions and new technology
    Focused leadership with an agenda to "Win"
    Cultural shift to meritocracy (top performers are rewarded)
    Have a stake in the profitability of the company (Owner-Associate)

Cons

Salaries are often flat-line with no regard to previous experience (Non-Exempt positions)

Advice to Management

Continue improved communications to motivate/inspire Owner Associates.
    Continue to share the vision of a New First Data with endless growth opportunities for both clients and Owner Associates.

Apr 24, 2015Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're glad to have another stakeholder in the transformation! We'd be interested in hearing more about your thoughts on how management can better ... More

Client Service Specialist

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work to give a client the best possible Client Experience At the same time as to ensure the client is satisfied.

Cons

Not enough time in a day to complete all tasks as you would need to.

Advice to Management

none

First Data works everyday to connect commerce across the street and around the world for merchants, banks, consumers.

Current Employee - Client Innovation in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Innovation in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a unique position in the ecosystem of commerce and it affords all us in Client Engagement & Innovation to work with a varied set of customers and stakeholders, day in and day out. It is never boring.

Cons

The only drawback to working for a global company is that you never have a chance to meet all of your colleagues face to face. Luckily video conferencing is helping to make that simple.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Your commitment to the company's next 50 years, while being respectful of our heritage as a unique technology service provider earns my respect.

Director

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. Opportunity to be a part of a successful turnaround story with a company that's been around for more than four decades in payments. Impressive acquisitions in technology and new cache of leaders who are running the business like a start-up. Great people to work with throughout the organization.

Cons

Tough pace with risk of burnout and witnessing attrition in lower ranks. Ambiguous direction and last minute changes that lead to delays wasting precious time and effort.

Advice to Management

Communicate among yourselves first and provide clear collective direction.

Apr 24, 2015Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We'd be interested in hearing more about your thoughts on how management can better communicate and provide clear direction. Feel free to email ... More

Excellent company that allows for career growth and values creativity

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cutting edge technology, performance based culture which allows you to get paid for what you are worth and the leadership is excellent and cares about their people.

Cons

very fast paced and may not be for everyone wanting to just collect a paycheck.

Advice to Management

work from home

Great Employer

I have been working at First Data full-time

Pros

This is a huge company, so I think it's unfair for one person to bash the entire company. Every team, location is/are different. You have the ability to be transferred to another team if you're not happy. My experience has been great.

Cons

The time is takes to move raises around (if applicable) takes an extremely long time. It has to go through an approval process.

Apr 9, 2015Social Media Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. And yes, since we are a big company, culture can vary from office to office. Although we are striving to create a seamless positive and innovative experience at all of ... More