www.firstdata.com

Updated February 27, 2015
Updated February 27, 2015
2.7

Frank Bisignano

Pros
  • Great co-workers depending on your team and relatively good work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Work from Home, Build Great Business Relationships by Representing worldwide Best in Class Products (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations and time commitements - Can impact work life balance negatively (in 14 reviews)

• 401k match was eliminated, Health care benefits are expensive with a high deductible (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

Exciting times!

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of cool new products and feeling like we're on the forefront of technology. New leadership has turned this ship around and we are headed in an awesome direction - possibly to IPO in the next year or two. Lots of hard work required but the payoff will be huge, and ALL employees are equity owners, so we will all reap the reward!

Cons

We've had to give up a few things along the way but I am confident we will see the payoff!

Feb 18, 2015Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Always something new to learn

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at First Data

Pros

Love working for a company that values their employees - advance from within. Treated with dignity and respect

Cons

As with any large company things change based on the ener changing economey - health benefits decline as every other company.

Continue respecting employees - allowing for internal growth

Feb 25, 2015Community Manager

Thanks for your review. We agree that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

First Data provides opportunities to be part of the next generation of innovative payment system advances. The commitment to providing a secure environment for consumers to transact in the growing online and face-to-face marketplace is unequaled in this industry.

Cons

First Data is a very complex organization in part due to multiple acquisitions over the last couple decades. Integration of these systems is slowly progressing and has become more focused in recent years.

Continue to look at the talent within the organization for key leadership roles

Feb 25, 2015Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback. If you'd like to share additional comments, feel free to email us at employeecomms@firstdata.com.

Proud to be an Owner-Associate

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

First Data provides a wealth of opportunities to expand and grow within the organization. As an Owner-Associate I am empowered to make decisions and influence how our solutions are brought to market through the understanding of our client's genuine concern.

Cons

First Data has a complex environment due to numerous acquisitions. We have however done a much better job with our newer acquisitions such as Clover, Perka and GYFT.

Continue to look at the talent within the organization for key leadership roles.

Feb 26, 2015Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're glad to head that you feel proud and empowered. We're happy to have you on the team.

A chance to build something!

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at First Data full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Going through exciting change; best company in industry; we all own a piece of the company.

Cons

Undergoing a transformation so you should want to be a part of change.

More interaction with front line employees

Feb 17, 2015Community Manager

Thanks for your review and suggestion.

Sometimes shaky, but overall solid career

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is going through a large turnaround. I enjoy being part of this opportunity. The new CEO and executive management have brought with them a significant cultural shift in the company. While some changes are hard to swallow, its easy to see the positive results when you look at the larger picture. I've been with the company through several CEOs and believe Frank is the right guy to lead this company out of the debt laden situation of the leveraged buyout to a profitable public company.

Cons

Change. Change is hard for anyone. This management committee has made some big changes at the employee level like ending 401k matching and implementing an expensive health insurance program . But they have also given all employees ownership in the company. While worth nothing today, the potential once vested after IPO is an exciting opportunity. So we wait and we do our part to help advance the company towards that day.

Fourth quarter 2014 we reported a profit. The first since 2007 I believe. If we continue on this path, as I believe we will, give the 24000 hard working employees a bone and reinstate 401k matching. Ownership is great. Combined with a match in retirement savings helps ensure we will have financial security later in life.

Feb 18, 2015Community Manager

Thank you for your review.

Exciting times - Career year (2015) - Fast Paced and ever evolving Industry

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at First Data full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you want to be part of the world's largest start up with the most talented and hard working team, First Data is your destination firm. We have the legacy of a firm that has been around for over 43+ years in the global market place, that has recently re-invented itself into an innovative company that helps our customer grow their business by providing Financial Technology and Business solutions.. lots of cool and new things to work on every where you turn

Cons

Commerce and payments is a very fast paced industry and First Data happens to be in the middle of such a dynamic space - so if you are not up for hard work combined with fast pace and lots of changes that provides significant job satisfaction and financial upside - then this might not be the place for you .. although you might want to rethink that..

This is a marathon and we are doing good time - keep up the pace - it will be a record finish..

Feb 23, 2015Community Manager

Thank you for your comments.

Innovative At Times - Traditional At Times.

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Innovative leader in the payments and tech industries. First Data partners with industry leaders. Many talented coworkers who are rewarding and enjoyable to work with. Great leadership team. Work life balance on point. Fair compensation and bonuses. Quality acquisitions and investments in the recent years (Clover, Perka, Gyft, etc.). A ton of potential.

Cons

Difficult to steer the inner workings of the company (HR, Politics, Compliance, Expense Reports, etc.). At times, departments can feel siloed and you feel like you're working for a dated company. Corporate priorities seem to be well thought out most of the time but occasionally can be thoughtless and last minute.

Upper management has done a great job steering this giant ship around and beginning the transformation into a leader in the financial and technology industries. If business moves that way then it makes sense to create a culture that follows. If young and talented prospects are wanted at First Data then the culture needs to change.

Feb 25, 2015Community Manager

Thanks for your comments. We'd be interested in hearing more about your thoughts on the culture. Feel free to email employeecomms@firstdata.com.

An exciting time to be part of First Data's transformation!

I have been working at First Data full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees are empowered and rewarded for their efforts. We are challenged to be leaders, critical thinkers and difference makers. There are opportunities to participate in industry-leading initiatives such as Apple Pay and EMV.

Cons

There are work-life balance challenges here, as there are across most of Corporate America. However, there is sufficient flexibility that allows me to ensure I can participate in important personal events and activities.

Keep up the great work! Thank you for all of your efforts to return First Data to relevancy and profitability.

A great company to work for. No politics, very focused, lots of energy

Current Employee - Senior Vice President GM in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President GM in Houston, TX

I have been working at First Data

Pros

At the crossroad of payment and technology world, very fast paced, enormous opportunities across the board

Cons

Speed of change sometime too fast for existing environment.

Keep it up. This should be where people won't to come to work.

Feb 17, 2015Community Manager

Thanks for your review. We're not sure we're interpreting your advice to management correctly. Did you mean "This should be where people *want* to come to work"? You may not be able to reply here ... More

First Data Photos