First Horizon Home Loans

Updated Mar 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pete F. Makowiecki

End of the road in a multi-year layoff plan that provided many opportunites for learning.

ProsWhen I started here, there were many opportunities for growth in a large corporate environment. Unfortunately in 2008 the company decided to close national operations. As a benefit of the operational shut down, management consolidated job functions expanding the functional skills of those still employed.

ConsLocal operations are shutting down and few to no opportunities for advancement exist at this point unless relocation is an option.

Working at First Horizon Home Loans

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood people, decent pay, decent time off

ConsSometimes the work schedules were a little much but nothing too bad.

What Working For First Horizon Home Loan Corporation Exerience is like for anyone interested in working there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFirst Horizon Home Loan Corporation gives employees an opportunity for career advancement in the corporate financial industry. Good company culture.

ConsFirst Horizon Home Loan Corporation has the typical corporate office politics that exist at many corporate organizations.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam work makes the dream work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for if it was still in business

Relationship Manager (Former Employee) Tustin, CA

ProsGreat benefits, great training and support of sales staff, good compensations and great loan products

Consrelatively unknown name in the market place that made it difficult to compete against big company names

First Horizon Home Loans Relationship Manager

Relationship Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCustomer centric mortgage process with common sense underwriting. Committed to service with power to fulfill dreams. Sustainable service and results to all stakeholders--customers, community, associates, and shareholders.

ConsGeographically limited in service areas in or surrounding Tennessee. Failed attempt to expand with multiple branches in New England--CT, RI resulted in sales to Met Life Home Loans.

Vice President

Vice President (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsEmployees are first and Management if fair. Benefits were good and competitive. Enjoyed working in a growing environment.

ConsWorking conditions in Irving were declining. Department was being eliminated at the time of my departure. Parent Company in Memphis appeared to be fine and restructuring / defining their vision for the company.

Review

Analyst (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsPlenty of work for long temr employment

ConsLow on promotions pay was okay

You get out of it what you put into it

Loan Officer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork life balance is great. Good mentoring, compensation was fair. I also had great people to work with. Not overly competitive.

ConsThe model to advance up the chain was not all that advanced. If you were comfortable staying in one place that was great....if not, you struggled.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a better model and communicate it better to your employees. Otherwise, keep up the good work. Overall it's a good place to be.

Great company, mostly positive experience ended in huge letdown

Operation Manager (Former Employee) Idaho Falls, ID

ProsFirst Horizon was a great place to work and our local reputation was immense. Their compensations packages were great and My manager was incredibly intelligent in her field.

ConsJr. Staff were treated very poorly and poorly compensated. Training was not conducted in an efficient, professional or encouraging manner. It was not unheard of to be promoted to a Management position without the proper mentoring, training, or experience, which essentially set one up to fail in the new position. A big let down for things that seemed so promising

Advice to Senior ManagementMore effective Management training is needed.

Great company but needs help with their management.

Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) Lexington, KY

ProsThe employees were great to work with. I enjoyed the work atmosphere as well as the payoff from successful sales. As long as you can prove your worth they will help you in any way they can.

ConsThe latest downside and layoff. Sometimes quick to make decision with some things but very slow with others. Training was ok; but you really need to be a self motivater and learner.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in and trust your employees next time you change the direction of the company. I could have saved you hundreds of thousands before the layoff.

Worked for First Horizon Home Loans? Contribute to the Community!