First Horizon Reviews

Reset

1. Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Programmer in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Programmer in Memphis, TN

Pros

Relationship with management is open door and comfortable. People work as teams. Management demonstrates that they care about you. Medical benefits are good. I even like my pay.

Cons

Not always able to grow in my field. Not many oppotunities. I've tried suggesting different areas I'd like to get experience, but I tend to get cornered into what I have been doing since I got this job. But I really can't complain becuase they do try to get me what I ask for, even when it doesn't materialise.

Advice to Management

Anything you can do to help a person expand their skill set in their career is appreciated. But otherwise I couldn't ask for a better employer.

2. First Horizon culture

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Memphis, TN

Pros

Executive Management is supportive. Flexible work schedules.

Cons

Limited number of vacation days for folks with 20 years + experience, who previously got 5 weeks with former company

Advice to Management

Allow negotiation on number of vacation days for 20 years + experienced project managers, when salary is not negotiable

3. This place was is ok

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Memphis, TN

Pros

Very competent management. fun team to work with

Cons

i didnt feel like i was properly trained

Advice to Management

need better training

5. There are better places to work

Former Employee - Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Memphis, TN

Pros

Good place for working mothers

Cons

Management lacks strategy and vision. Employees lack motivation to perform as a team. Too much bureaucracy. Reliance on outdated tools and technology platform translates in low employee productivity.

Advice to Management

Bring outside managers to fix the place. Current managers lack leadership qualities. Outsource the technology side (IT) of the company and focus on your strengths in banking.

Collections Dept

Current Employee - Collector in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Collector in Knoxville, TN

Pros

They have tuition reimbursement and other various benefits. You have the opportunity to make your own schedule and they are flexible at times (depending on your supervisor).

Cons

There is no room for advancement. Sometimes upper management seems to kind of look over you. Sometimes people may feel like they don't matter.

Advice to Management

I believe management needs to have more room for advancement. There are many students that work there and I feel that they should have more internship opportunities or leadership development programs.

7. Teller I

Former Employee - Teller I in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Teller I in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Advancement, great possibilities at improving your career. A real great place to begin a career as a bank teller or financial service representative, be strong and move up.

Cons

This place in this economy especially has taken a turn to be very sales oriented. Both desk side and teller side tends to trend towards sales.

Advice to Management

Continue with the positive reinforcement, the uplifting meetings and try to continue working hard on putting people where they seem to be the strongest.

Neutral on First horizon

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Memphis, TN

Pros

small enough for individual contributors to have impact. growth potential based on skill and education is a plus in some areas. Core market is still viable management just needs to regroup.

Cons

Senior management is not skilled in management an communication. Senior management lacks realistic strategic visuallization capabilities and they do not know how to, or do not concern themselves with managing the details. Look before you leap. Witness failed (so called) national strategy. management has the tendency to blame the lowest ranking employees for failures of those at the top. Clueless on manging with any sort of meaningful metrics in mind.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate better, stop being afraid to ask your line workers for input. Learn from your mistakes.

Total Lack of Integrity....Don't believe the rosy promises that are made!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

None! The only good thing about working here is their "ideas" of a Firstpower and Employee First culture. Unfortunately, it has been proven time after time that they have yet to define and implement their core values. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is and in this case this is 120% true. I loved and believed in the idea of it but was beyond disappointed and dissatisfied to learn it was untrue.

Cons

Terrible place to work. Do not apply here! They are notorious for making false promises. You work your butt off, only to be told you won't receive the level of financial reward and/or promotion promised for the level of performance you've displayed.

Advice to Management

One word - Integrity. Need I say more?

10. First Tennessee is ok, but there are better place to work.

Current Employee - Teller in Cookeville, TN
    Current Employee - Teller in Cookeville, TN

Pros

Multiple Branch locations. Ok benefits for full time employees.

Cons

Upper Management. Management does not seem to really care about the customer or employee. Not customer service oriented.

Advice to Management

Try to connect with your employees and customers.

Overall, a great place to work for, and still a local company.

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Collierville, TN
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Collierville, TN

Pros

Still a hometown bank, decisions can still be make locally.

Cons

There are some "cliques" within the bank, and promotions and/or revenue (how we are compensated) can be given preference to that group. Good if you are in it, bad if you are on the outside looking in.

Advice to Management

Keep in touch with all employees, giving all an equal chance to advance, regardless of age or if he/she is in your "group" of employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed