First Insurance Company of Hawaii

Allen B. Uyeda

Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at First Insurance Company of Hawaii (Less than a year)

Pros

Assisted life insurance team with creating a manual of their processes

Cons

There were no cons re job

Great Company from the Outside looking In

I have been working at First Insurance Company of Hawaii full-time

Pros

Great benefits, One of the only places I know of that gives bonuses each year if we make plan. Good Pay, some departments lets you have flex time so kind of make your own hours.

Cons

They are time hounds, even though there is not time clock you better be in 10 min before your shift starts. I was late 2 min and got talked to and. Most of the Managers I feel are only paid to find the faults in everything you do. I've never gotten in trouble so much in a job for the smallest things. I find that they have favorites so if you want to make good here befriend a higher up and brown nose then you can do whatever you want, rules don't apply to you even dress code. I find that there is so much to do and you do not get told your doing a good job nearly enough as how quick they are to tell you something is wrong. I am not one for praise but a little thank you or a smile when you walk down the isle or a good morning in response would be nice. You have to pay for parking which is a bummer but thats Hawaii.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees a little more, and don't think that you are better then them because you have a title attached to your name. Saying good morning and meaning it when you pass by instead of a blank stare or try to look away quickly would be nice. Please learn how to talk nicely in your emails instead of making your employees feel dumb. Lastly if the rules apply to one it should apply to all.

My Personal Experience

Current Employee - Cannot Say, As IT Will No Longer BE Anonymous in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at First Insurance Company of Hawaii full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is based on hard work and mutual respect. The company culture treats their customers, agents and employees well.

Cons

IT managers from the East coast bring with them the lack of respect for employees and the Hawaiian culture,

Advice to Management

Need to keep the newly introduced managers in check. Otherwise, the new IT management will run off the existing company employees. The Hawaiian culture is very beautiful. Don't let the new managers turn it into the cess pool like the Northeast.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at First Insurance Company of Hawaii full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, excellent opportunity for advancement and medium-sized company with a small business mentality where employees are appreciated.

Cons

Salary is a bit on the lower side, although the benefits tend to somewhat offset this.

Advice to Management

Keep doin what you're doin.

RSS Feed </> Embed