First Investors Corporation Reviews

Reset
3.5
First Investors Corporation President & CEO Bill Lipkus
Bill Lipkus

Pros
  • The salary while on the training program is extremely helpful to keep you afloat (in 18 reviews)

• This company opens the door for those hungry enough to succeed and make a lot of money doing something good for people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits because you're an independent contractor (in 17 reviews)

• Push products to friends and family (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Most Rewarding Job

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Creating your own schedule
    Supportive management team and regular training sessions
    Truly getting compensated on the amount of work you put in
    Solving financial problems for everyday households
    Getting rewarded by helping people not only from their personal gratitude but also financial compensation
    No salary limit

Cons

Long hours if you want to meet people in the evenings
    Putting on a good first impression with everyone you meet can become tiring at some points

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Working with you has only helped me grow as a person and as a career woman.

First Investors Corporation Response

Jun 17, 2015

Your feedback is appreciated. It is always a pleasure to work with such incredible people here at First Investors. Being a current employee, we are grateful to have you as part of our team, and ... More

Financial Services Representative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make my own schedule is nice

Cons

Prospecting and making phone calls

First Investors Corporation Response

Jun 30, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at First Investors. Being a current employee, we are grateful to have you as part of our team, and share in ... More

Loss Prevention Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, and great people to work with

Cons

Pretty long hours, especially at month end

5. Good company to work for.

I have been working at First Investors Corporation

Pros

Great support from senior management.

Cons

Identifying new customers can be a challenge.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance; the training program is thorough and managers care about your growth; friendly atmosphere; love our involvement in community programs

Cons

The company is rapidly growing so there is often a lot of work to be done, but I have always been up for the challenge.

Advice to Management

I believe management cares about the employees' growth and has strong company values

7. Great place to work, great commissions

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at First Investors Corporation (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Management actually wants you to succeed.
    - Many different training platforms to help you learn and use different sales techniques
    - Great range of products and product training
    - Superior back office and back end help

Cons

- Mobile devices aren't used as much
    - Not too technologically savvy in terms of paperwork

Get what you give

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Albany, NY

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wanted to work at a company where my success both in income and helping others is directly related to the amount of effort and work I put in. I've been here for two years now and that is exactly what this is. When you first start, you are given salary and commission. You also get your overhead and your licensing paid for. They provide all the tools and know how you would ever need to make your goals happen. We have a work hard, play hard attitude. The management here are not only always available, but they are passionate about providing any support needed. It is amazing to know the only ceiling I have is up to me!

Cons

The only con I could see someone having is the fact that when you start any business you have to invest your effort and time into it to really get a good foundation. Because of that, the work-life balance is off for a while. To me however, I will give up that time gladly for the life doing so will provide me later.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to get more on the management team to support our companies amazing growth.

Reap what you Sow.

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working out of the office, genuinely helping people, flexible hours, you get paid to train, you are in complete control of your career, knowledge acquired is beneficial both professionally and personally.

Cons

Fluctuating pay based off of commissions, long hours,

Advice to Management

With a company growing so fast managers can be spread pretty thin. While it's an exciting time to become a part of First Investors, new representatives will find themselves having to rely on themselves in some new situations.

Work hard and you will succeed!

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First Investors’ has a very extensive training program and the upper management are very well educated in this field allowing you to easily succeed in this business. This representative position comes with a base pay salary starting out and commissions along the way which is not offered by most companies for this type of position. I love the atmosphere here in the office, everyone feels welcome and there is always someone available for questions and help, making it a very comfortable environment and the work day easier. I like having the ability to have a flexible schedule and plan around my day. This job is a lot of hard work and requires a lot of dedication and time but the outcome is well worth it.

Cons

Not having enough hours in the day, but turns out to be a positive thing in the long run because it makes you work that much harder to reach your goals.

11. Excellent company for those who are motivated

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers a base salary while you're in the 9 month training program which many firms in the industry do not offer. The training program is extensive and very thorough. Representatives in the training program have at least a meeting everyday with someone in upper management. The company pays for the licensing process and provide you with the study materials to get three different licenses. The opportunities to move into management are plentiful as the company is drastically expanding nation wide, really is a great place to start a career especially if you have an interest in moving into management.

Cons

As with any commission based job, you get out of it what you put in. This job is for people who are willing to work hard and put the time and effort into being successful.

RSS Feed </> Embed