First Investors Corporation Reviews

1. Thankful for the opportunity

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Miramar, FL

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great opportunity if you want to get into the industry even without experience and learn. If you have ambition the sky is the limit. This company opens the door for those hungry enough to succeed and make a lot of money doing something good for people.

Cons

The sequence in the ways of the training process is still a work in progress. I do see changes for the better.

Love working at a financial services company that truly puts the clients first.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A career at First Investors allows me to have a great work-life balance. I am free to set my own schedule as well as my own goals for what I want this career to be. With the help and support of my manager I'm able to work hard and play hard and not miss out on the most important part of life: family.

Cons

The biggest challenges are holding yourself accountable to your own goals and finding the self-discipline to know when to work and when to play.

Advice to Management

One of the greatest assets I have here is a supportive management staff always ready and willing to help me and answer questions when I need it. They are very approachable and will always make time to give you what you need to help your business.

financial rep

I have been working at First Investors Corporation

Pros

your payed to study for your seiries
    you have the ability to make your own schedule

Cons

work load becomes to much for the what you get back in commissions.

Advice to Management

They need to work on a better retention strategy for new comers.

5. Unlimited Opportunities

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Rockland, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Rockland, NY

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive compensation structure along with supervision of management. Some of the most competitive products in the industry. Vision of growth. Unlimited compensation and practice growth. Training program is great with online program, weekly sales meetings and conference calls and webinars.

Cons

Initially the work/family life balance is tough. You need to develop your own business plan.

Advice to Management

No changes I can think of at this point.

6. Needs better managment

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Albany, NY

I worked at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Networking opportunities available , commission based pay, flexible time, meeting clients wherever!

Cons

Lots of work, no benefits, no appreciation, commission based pay

Advice to Management

Get better managers

Very Fortunate to find First Investors

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Woodbridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about this career is the support you get from management. Whether it is detail oriented or a major business proposition they are a huge asset to have. They work for you! Another determining benefit for me was future prospects. This is somewhere that you can grow and wont have to hop around from company to company. The work atmosphere also makes it enjoyable to work everyday.

Cons

This is a very competitive industry, if your not willing to put the time in to better yourself, you will not be successful. Menial tasks involving names and numbers is bit excessive.

Advice to Management

Keep the bottom-up structure!

Excellent environment for career growth

Current Employee - Administrator
    Current Employee - Administrator

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a excellent management training program with supportive managers who are not only great mentors, but who also make you feel like a valued asset to the company. Licenses are paid for by the firm and the work environment is fun and supportive with a mix of young and older employees. With room for growth, I could see myself working for this company for long time.

Cons

The position a lot of studying for licenses and training in the first few months. But the company equips their employees with the right study tools and staff assistance to make ensure that you are well trained and prepared for the challenges of your position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

A great place to be your own boss

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Communication between representatives is amazing. There is very positive leadership and support in jump starting my career. I really likes the competitiveness of the role as well as the history of the company.

Cons

The technology is lacking due to the inability to provide on the spot illustrations. Also dislike lack of public awareness of who we are and what we do.

Advice to Management

Personally really likes the one-on-one time in developing individuals-keep that up and provide more of that time

Great place to start your career as a financial professional

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is more than willing to invest in their new employees. Many firms will refrain from offering licensing eligibility for a considerable amount of time. First Investors sponsors and encourages their representatives to obtain their licenses as quickly as possible. New reps also receive a small salary while studying and starting their business.
    The family-like environment makes learning the business much more enjoyable.

Cons

Work/Life balance is definitely an issue. Prepare to work 6 days per week, often times putting a priority on attendance over productivity.
    Miscommunication and contradicting instructions from different levels of management can cause an incredible amount of unnecessary stress for representatives.
    Lazy management creates an environment where interns train, hire, and manage other interns.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement of managers who are already incredibly involved and on top of their office often causes more problems than it solves.

Being put out of your comfort zone countless times to the point where your successful

I have been working at First Investors Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary while on the training program is extremely helpful to keep you afloat. All the support in the world from your manager and mentor with the training tools being endless. I don't know many jobs with the freedom to make your own schedule and make as much money as you want.

Cons

Because of the high turnover there is definitely a wall up from other reps. But once you stick around for a while and prove yourself, you're golden, pony boy. I don't know if this is a con or more towards advice but; you must work hard to be successful! We're talking 50+ hour weeks and Saturdays.

Advice to Management

Consistency.

First Investors Corporation Photos