First National Bank Omaha

Updated December 19, 2014
3.4

First National Bank Omaha President Daniel O'Neill
Daniel O'Neill

Pros
  • Management works with you ensure you have a good work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• In return for the hard work, though, they give me great benefits and flexibility as a working parent (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This is the result of poor senior management with a lack of vision (in 3 reviews)

• The work environment is suspicious of anything new or outside the box and tends to be a "Peyton Place (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great.

Current Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First National Bank Omaha as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work in Omaha. Very interesting business model and a lot to be learned about the business. Mangers are encouraged to empower employees.

Cons

Work environment could be more competitive. Other than this everything is great. Definitely a good place to start a career.

call center job

I have been working at First National Bank Omaha

Pros

lots of friendly co-workers and usually over time availiable

Cons

Be prepared to use several systems per a call. The main down fall is way out dated systems. Sometimes using a ten to handle a simple question or two.

start fallowing through with what you say.

Senior engineer

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First National Bank Omaha full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Low stress, good work life balance

Cons

Slow pace. Can be boring. Hard for new person to get into fun projects.

Help to grow

Former Employee - Compliance Analyst in North Platte, NE
    Former Employee - Compliance Analyst in North Platte, NE

I worked at First National Bank Omaha full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, good work environment

Cons

Sometimes hard to move up

Good benefits, nice people, bureaucratic environment

I worked at First National Bank Omaha

Pros

Extremely nice coworkers, financial benefits are good, the work-life balance is also great. The wages are satisfactory and good in some other positions.

Cons

As with any large organization things get done really slow and after a lot of emails. Most of the projects are literally unnecessary by the time they are actually published. Finally what others have mentioned about silos is quite true.

Before major restructuring please at least get some feedback from the employees involved.

overall good place to build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First National Bank Omaha full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Opportunity for career growth throughout FNBO & First Bankcard. The bank really does care about their employees.

Cons

Impossible to get anything done technology wise. Upper management expects high performance & high growth but will not give you the proper tools, technology resources, etc. to get things done. This really ties your hands on what you can do. Working with Legal is a nightmare & is a known problem that never REALLY gets addressed.

Senior Management needs to breakdown silos & listen to employees. More technology resources are needed if growth is expected. Don't freeze hiring as additional employees are needed in many areas to handle growth.

Employee & Customer-centric employer with family-friendly values & strong business ethics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at First National Bank Omaha full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

FNBO is a high-performing bank with high expectations. In return for the hard work, though, they give me great benefits and flexibility as a working parent. I've basically raised my two boys with the help of my employer, from maternity leave to child care to a summer camp that picks up/drops off my kids on site, this place is hard to beat! On top of that, the bank does a great job of developing leadership and fostering it up the corporate ladder.

Cons

Banking in general can be a bit behind other industries when it comes to technology, so that can be frustrating to understand what consumers expect and that we're a ways a way from fulfilling those expectations. I don't think that's unique to FNBO, though, and honestly, we're a bank; we need to make sure that whatever technology we invest in that it's not compromising the security of our customers' financials!

Even as you grow, keep in mind the traditional values you've built such a strong foundation upon - the green book!

An ok company to work for

I have been working at First National Bank Omaha

Pros

Great paid time off
    Employee events
    Management

Cons

Very hard to move up

Customer service job

Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Omaha, NE

I worked at First National Bank Omaha full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great office environment with a very professional team and managers

Cons

Sometimes working hours can get pretty crazy. People get crazy about working overtime

Culture fit is a must

I have been working at First National Bank Omaha full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Privately owned. Family cares about employees. Hard working, loyal employees. More for growth if you know the right people.

Cons

If you don't fit in the culture (conversative, ruled by few, toe the company line) you will get burnt out. You need to know the right people to get into the coveted roles. There is a lot of talk and very little action. Inconsistency with the implementation of corporate policies.

Be consistent and fair. Value differing opinons. Avoid the good ol' boys network mentality.

First National Bank Omaha Photos