First National Bank Texas
www.1stnb.com Killeen, TX 5000+ Employees

First National Bank Texas Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014
First National Bank Texas – US – “First Convenience Bank”

Terry Tuggle

Overall, it is a great company to work for.

ProsFun environment to work in, not your ordinary bank.

ConsLong hours on feet, Can get stressful at times

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

If they call you for any job opportunities, run as fast as you can, and never look back!!!

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

Pros*Quickly promoted, if you produce in sells.

Cons*99.9% of the management team is running a politically incorrect game.
    *Company does not care about the future of their employees professionally/personally.
    *A company that expects you to bend of backwards for them, but as soon as they get what they need from you they no longer consider you useful.

Advice to Senior Management*Listen to your employees, and stop campaigning against employee morale.

This has been the job of a lifetime - a wonderful company to work for!

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    Killeen, TX

ProsTremendous career opportunities for those who want to succeed personally and professionally. Very well managed company that cares about their employees. Great compensation and incentive plans, good health benefits and 401K. Management is very approachable and listens to employee requests and suggestions.

Cons401k is great but would like additional retirement options

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire people who are committed to customer service and professional career goals.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Company to Work For!

ProsLoved the atmosphere and the ability to learn and interact with all back office staff. The culture is very family oriented and everyone is very friendly. There's always room to grow and learn --as well as well as work as part of team.

ConsThe only con I have is that vacation is only available after a FULL year of active employment. That means for the first year, there is NO vacation unless you want it unpaid. Personal days are only used for sickness, and they're pretty strict on that...It was pretty tough not being able to go home for Christmas.

Assistant Branch Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGrowth, learning opportunity, gives one the ability to build relationships with management, customers and store employees. Offers full time and part time positions and ideal for college students.

ConsExtremely low pay. They go off of this fallacy that you write your own incentive check with how many accounts you open, how many new direct deposits you can get, etc. however, they've placed so many restrictions on the incentives that it gets tiresome. The people that the company hires are sometimes incompetent. Too much focus on sales rather than other things like employee and customer retention. Very unorganized and sloppy. They hire kids out of high school promote them calling them "supervisors" and what not and then when able, promote them to run a branch. They don't pay more for degrees of high education-like college and use the excuse of "we pay for hard work" as if college wasn't hard work. No credit checks or anything so the customer draw are usually those who have bad credit and who will normally overdraft their accounts, yell at you, and then accumulate negative balance fees and blame you.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize yourself. Pay more. Spend more money on your employees and show them more appreciation. Your turnover rate is terrible. Do something about it. Be professional.

I worked here 3 years and have been promoted every year since hire date.

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    Killeen, TX

ProsFriendly! Keeps team Motivated! You actually speak to Regional and District Managers constantly! Pays for college if it is bank oriented. In Texas New Mexico and Arizona. Trains on all new information as it comes in whether you are taking a CBT or going to training in a class. FNBT strives to keep you in the loop. Information is also available on their intranet. If you have a question you can find the answer.

ConsSome stores are very busy with customers all the time which doesn't allow for time to check over your operations. Sometimes you get so tied up in sales that the other part of banking gets lost in time and you end up getting backed up.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for everyone on the team to help each other with their operations jobs. I don't think just one person should be in charge of the same thing. Every job should be known by everyone so we can each help each other out. I think if we are all adults why do we treat a lvl 2 like they are incompetent? They can learn like everyone else. They aren't babies.

I enjoyed working there.

Mortgage (Current Employee)
    Southlake, TX

ProsThey are willing to train you.

ConsThe industry was slow this time of year.

Great paying bank job that treats employees and their customers well.

Senior Bank Teller (Former Employee)
    Amarillo, TX

ProsThe management team, especially in the West Texas region, really care for their employees. I loved working here and wish I hadn't left it just because I got offered a little more money. The regional manager, Jennifer, was awesome in that you could call her anytime if you ever needed to talk about something. No issue was too small and I miss working here.

ConsThis isn't really a con, but if you aren't a fan of a sales environment, this may not be for you. It was pretty easy to get what you were supposed to get each month and they give you incentives on top of that (like free hour off or 3 day weekend coupons). In fact I may try to get my job back now.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!! Love Chad

first convenience is bs

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    DFW, TX

Prosmeeting nice customers is always cool.

Consseverely underpaid for thw type of duties they throw at you. bs incentives. the whole company is messy. no rules are set in stone so you can do 1million great things bit 1 Mess up and you're out the door

Advice to Senior Managementsmh. no comment

Assistant Manager

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsCan obtain this job very easy

ConsNo growth, company HR is no good they will send you in circles until you give up. Managers will pick on employees until they put in two weeks and after putting in the two weeks notice they will not pay out time worked and will not give vacation time. I would never advice a person with an education to work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet an education learn business ethics

Worked for First National Bank Texas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First National Bank Texas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First National Bank Texas CEO Terry Tuggle. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by First National Bank Texas employees.