First National Bank of PA

1. A place to grow

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at First National Bank of PA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement, involvement of employees in company changes, generous 401k contributions if company experiences growth

Cons

Pay is slightly lower than standard in the industry, recent focus on reducing branch personnel

Advice to Management

Give front line employees more boots on the ground and even better results will be achieved.

2. Assistant Manager

I have been working at First National Bank of PA (More than 8 years)

Pros

Off Holidays, nothing else is incredibly better than other companies

Cons

Constant cuts, short staffed, low pay, high goals, no where to advance to

3. Great Place to Work!

I worked at First National Bank of PA part-time

Pros

You are trained to do what your job entitles and always have a supervisor to go to for help. Atmosphere on teller line was always kind and friendly!

Cons

The only con would be that sometimes customers may not be the friendliest people.

Advice to Management

None

5. Teller

Current Employee - Teller in Greensburg, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Greensburg, PA

I have been working at First National Bank of PA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities, Great Work Environments, Laid back atmosphere, Growing company

Cons

Mundane Training, not the greatest pay rates

Advice to Management

Pay rates increase

6. Current employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, PA

I have been working at First National Bank of PA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with FNB for almost 7 years and love it. Since starting as a part time employee right after high school, they have given me the tools to grow myself and my career there. They have always been accommodating and willing to help in any way possible. I would recommend applying to anyone interested in the financial services field.

Cons

Upper management and the CEO have no understanding how the back end support departments work and they tend to get the shaft at times.

Advice to Management

Management needs to treat all employees the same, specifically upper management. Some departments literally run on a skeleton crew (3 people - yes there is really a department with only three people in it!) If you want projects done effectively staff properly and understand what each department brings to the table for the corporation as a whole.

Family Stifling and Overtime Extravaganza

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Hermitage, PA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Hermitage, PA

I worked at First National Bank of PA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FNB of PA has a generous 401K program that matches 4% dollar for dollar, while providing adequate Health Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement and time off. Worked as a Engineer and gain valuable work experience, which capsulated my career. There are many technologies to learn and master within FNB, however be prepared to work like a Hebrew slave in Africa carrying Pyramids on your back in 150 degree weather. Individuals are expect work 50-60hrs pre week, even more depending on projects, while maintaining a weekly time-sheet accounting for all hours complete, don’t you dare say you worked no less than 8hrs you’re in for a long day via management. Every second of the day should be accounted I mean every second. Reminder, this is a salary position for every Network Engineer. If you’re a family person you may be divorced, work hours are inconsistent, which will cause work life stress. Within the last few years many talented Engineers had left included two within the last month… If you’re single, not a family person, workaholic, and enjoy dinosaur tons of overtime on salary this company is for you.

Cons

- Worklife Balance
    - 50-60hr overtime salary
    - No enough Engineers
    - Micro Manage
    - Inadequate work schudule

Advice to Management

Hire more Engineers, so workload can be spreadout evenly guys are losing too many Engineers.

8. Very nice place to work

Current Employee - Vice President Branch Manager in Baden, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President Branch Manager in Baden, PA

I have been working at First National Bank of PA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is really great to work for. Management appreciates all the work I do. The customers are very nice to deal with. I have the best staff anyone could ever want.

Cons

I would like to make better wages, however I am very please to be working there.

Advice to Management

My direct boss is great. The next level of management is very supportive as well. My boss is very approachable and always willing to help me.

9. Dedicated to your success

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Shadyside, OH
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Shadyside, OH

I have been working at First National Bank of PA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company gives you all the tools and resources you need to succeed. It really is up to you to do well. I have constant contact with upper management, and they really seem to value the individuals that make up the company.

The amount of training offered for employees is fantastic. They really want people who are committed to advancing their careers.

I really appreciate the positive attitude displayed by senior management. Working for a growing company is very validating.

Cons

You can't guarantee that you will be able to work in your own town. If you live in 'A' you might be assigned to work in the branch located in 'B', while some one living in 'C' might be working in the branch in 'A'.

HR is too long suffering if you ask me. I appreciate the idea of exhausting all options before termination, but when a person just isn't a good fit, or can't get the job right, it's time to cut your losses.

Advice to Management

If you are going to continue to expand, seriously consider deepening your presence in West Virginia. The communities of Weirton, Wheeling, Moundsville, and Glendale are ripe with opportunities.

10. Great career opportunities!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in State College, PA

I have been working at First National Bank of PA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If your willing to work hard it will pay off. I started as a teller and with my hard work, leadership and the bank's support earned the opportunity to become a Head Teller, PBR, Assistant Manager and now a Branch Manager. I love the challenge of retail sales and seeing how high in branch rankings I can get.

Cons

You have to take the good with the bad. Although it's not the banks fault being short staffed can be a con. Sometimes you can feel like you are always training a new employee.

11. teller

I worked at First National Bank of PA

Pros

enjoyed co-workers; policies were laid out clearly

Cons

did not enjoy the training procedures (quarterly "quizzes")

RSS Feed </> Embed